Oh dear - cheeseburger pie!

Spinoza

Never give up
This stuff is evil. Made it this evening for dinner. Oh yes, it all started out civilised enough, but then I started to panic, as I couldn't shovel it into my mouth quickly enough. A most unseemly scene ensued where I had second helpings and left my veg. All very embarassing behaviour in a grown woman. :eek:

There's some left in the fridge for my OH's lunch tomorrow, but I ate so much I can't move. I won't be making it again. :wave_cry:

Cheeseburger pie is wonderful stuff - but best portioned and frozen before gluttony gets the better of you - but boy did that make me laugh!!!!

THAT good. I shall be making one tomorrow then . . . . all be it in a tiny dish to prevent any unseemly scenes occuring :D

Don't do it Jade. Just say no.

Ahhhhhh WW - the thing is you could eat most of a full one and still not go over your carbs for the day lol - you just could not have any veggies and then Jim would be back and shout at you :D

Ha ha. Thats why i'm on Atkins, i can never say no! :)

mmm cbp is the best!

OK OK, I GIVE IN! cbp for tea in this house tonight it is!

ooh, half of it for tea, then half for tomorrow, very handy for taking to work. (there are 2 of us eating here)

yum. you wont regret it ;)

tragedy has struck.....there is no mince in the freezer!!!

taken out some turkey steaks instead, must be nearly shopping day then!

Cheeseburger Pie
Total carbs 9c. Serves 4
Ingredients:
500g minced beef
50g finely chopped onion
150g chopped mushrooms
100mls double cream
2 heaped tablespoons of mayo
150g strong cheddar grated
3 eggs
salt & pepper to taste

Fry mince, onion and mushrooms together until cooked season to taste, drain off fat, add Lee & Perrins sauce.
Place in a greased foil covered deep pie dish, flatten with spoon.
Beat eggs add mayo, cream and cheese.
Pour over the top of mince, drop olives around the dish and bake in oven Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 mins until set and golden brown.
Leave to cool before taking out of pie dish, remove foil.
Cut in to portions and wrap in cling film
This freezes very well.
Lovely with salad, cauli mash, or stir fry (Great in lunchboxes)

Optional 1 Tablespoon Lea & Perrins 2c and 10 black olives

i personally miss out the onions and add garlic and oregano. yum yum x
Taz - what a trauma!

I miss out the onions and worcester and add a pkt of discovery taco seasoning & approx 150ml of water cook until most of the water has evaporated and then put on the topping same as usual,makes it nice and spicy.(make sure its the discovery seasoning no the el paso one as this is much higher in carbs).
lorna x

Ah, thanks Lorna - would be even more lovely spiced up.

I may forgive the pie and make another one, because know what? I actually didn't eat another bite the whole evening, and that's just not me! Normally I graze from teatime till bedtime.

The pie has hidden powers. Never diss the pie. Believe in the pie. ;)

I made my first one last week and had it for dinner, breakfast and lunch. All served with a big dollop of sour cream. It's even better the next day if that's possible.:D

Back