Oh dear - cheeseburger pie!

Oh yes, the pie is versatile CL. ;)

well, made a curry with the turkey steaks, some left to take to work tomorrow. was nice, but not pie!

shopping list....mince for pie, must not forget....

Thank you so much for this .Thats dinner sorted for tomorrow :)All the yummy things i love happy days .Cant wait to make it.

The pie has hidden powers. Never diss the pie. Believe in the pie. ;)
The pie is King!!!! (ive heard this somewhere before on this board a long time ago!)
its also nice if you put a layer of cooked spinach in :D
im having mine thursday and the leftovers for lunch on friday (cold though no micro at work)

LOL, PMSL made my day peeps. :D

Made this last night.....accidently used 900g of minced beef instead though....should have read the packet really shouldn't I?

Haha!

Needless to say it was more of a meat crumble than a pie!

lol! meat is good though x

I have just had a dish of mince, with mushrooms chilli and curry powder - and some lettuce to go with it - fairly yummy if I do say so myself lol

*** Dukan invader ***

Vicky... I'm looking at that fabulous recipe with a view of making it without the cream (fromage frais? how much do you think?), mayo (no replacement) and finding a low fat cheese...

Can you help?

I do envy you your cheeseburger pie... but I'm sticking with my Dukan muffins and not switching over!

Jo I have made one before a dukan one.... ill post over on your thread if ok x

Thank you! Gotta dash out to the crazy world out there... see you tomorrow Visky (who's she?!) and bye to everyone on Atkins here!

bye Jo x good luck getting home again x

Hi, I tried making cheese burger pie tonight but I'm not sure if it was right or not! All I can describe what came out the oven as is mince with a cheesey omellete on top hehe. I had to use a casserolle dish so I'm not sure if the top was too thin (wasn't thick at all) and had an overpowering burnt/grilled cheese taste. The mince was really nice and the topping was ok but not as nice as everyone else say so I can only assume I did it wrong.

I didn't get the whole mix in grated cheese with the eggs/cream/mayo and it didn't really do anything other than sit in the bottom of it so maybe that was wrong?

Hi, I tried making cheese burger pie tonight but I'm not sure if it was right or not! All I can describe what came out the oven as is mince with a cheesey omellete on top hehe. I had to use a casserolle dish so I'm not sure if the top was too thin (wasn't thick at all) and had an overpowering burnt/grilled cheese taste. The mince was really nice and the topping was ok but not as nice as everyone else say so I can only assume I did it wrong.

I didn't get the whole mix in grated cheese with the eggs/cream/mayo and it didn't really do anything other than sit in the bottom of it so maybe that was wrong?

That's EXACTLY what I did!

I whisk my topping up loads so when it goes in oven it rises. I put foil on mine until about 10 mins from end when i let the cheese bubble (not burn)

Yum, yum and once again yum! I made this today for work lunches next week - with an extra piece to try for lunch today. It's amazing! And I'm surprised how easy it was to do, I was sure I'd make a pig's ear of it. Just, yum!

Back