Extra Easy Oh dear.....

lauren245

Fancied potato waffles with a fried egg this morning. I am trying to be good, and didn't want to use the syns on the waffles, so decided to have some sugar free jelly instead....ended up on a bit of a rampage:

Most of a pint of jelly
2 mullerlights
Quite a few twirl bites
Most of a ball of mozarella

And was still not satisfied, so just had m waffles and egg....which hit the spot!

Lesson learned: if i fancy something, just have it!

Ah well, clean slate from tomorrow morning, and bit of damage limitation today I think!!

Should have just gone for the waffles!

I think, as you say, i just need to get back on the wagon straight away. I am not very well today, it is raining, and I am stuck in the house. Have two babies to entertain so no peace for workouts. I might get the babies in their pram and go for a walk though, if the rain eases.

I was at target a few weeks ago, but am just trying to maintain/ stabilise weight. I would quite like to lose about 3 more pounds if possible though. I tend to be all good or else way off he rails. I usually would just eat rubbish the rest of the day if i have a rampage, but will try to be good.

You tried to do the right thing, don't beat yourself up over it. I find if I really fancy something, then I should just have a little bit of it. So if I really fancy something chocloately, I will have a small chocolate bar (emphasis on the SMALL) and that will be it I once tried to fend off the cravings with superfree & free foods and ended up eating a banana, 2 apples, and a mugshot before I finally gave in and had the curly wurly :)

I was at target a few weeks ago, but am just trying to maintain/ stabilise weight. I would quite like to lose about 3 more pounds if possible though. I tend to be all good or else way off he rails. I usually would just eat rubbish the rest of the day if i have a rampage, but will try to be good.

I was the same when I was at target last year. SW really don't offer enough advice on the maintaining thing IMO. I'm like you I'm either really good or really naughty. If SW came up with some maintaining rules I know I would stick to them but when it's just a case of have a couple of extra HEs and see how you go it wasn't long before old habits started creeping back in.

Well done you for recognising you were going off the rails a bit, in all honesty I don't think you did too bad, as far as binges go this was a pretty mini one and definitely one you can get yourself back from. Here's to a better day today!

This has happened to me numerous times! I know how you feel. Dont think you've done your weight loss any real harm. Every so often I wake up one morning and straight away I know that I feel like having chocolate. I used to ignore it and by the time evening had come I would have ate rings around me and gone wayyy over my syns! So this morning I had a funsize packet of Maltesers (5 syns) with a cuppa. Took my time eating them and it hit the spot. IMO if your craving it, have it! Even if its only a little of it : )

I wouldn't fret about it to much - a little blip in the morning isn't going to cause you to gain loads of weight, as I said, if you go straight back on the bandwagon. My OH always compares it to walking up the stairs, and if you trip, you don't go down to the bottom and start again, you just keep on going :) (his way of convincing me that if I have a binge, don't 'start again tomorrow' I have to start again now! haha. It does work - positive thinking an all that :) xx

I really like that stairs analogy. I think I need it written in big words somewhere!!!! I had a bad day last Friday and have struggled to have a 100% day ever since. I am very all or nothing and when I go off the rails it's big time!!!

I try and put stuff like this down to experience - you know for next time to have what you wanted in the first place! I'm exactly the same - I have found that I crave stuff like chocolate less now I've been on plan for six weeks.

Hope you find the motivation to get back on track! x

I think if I had a £1 for every time I did this I would be a very rich woman. Fair play to you for gettting back on the wagon again. It really is all about learning from these situations and it is impossible to be 100% all the time - we are only human.

I was the same when I was at target last year. SW really don't offer enough advice on the maintaining thing IMO. I'm like you I'm either really good or really naughty. If SW came up with some maintaining rules I know I would stick to them but when it's just a case of have a couple of extra HEs and see how you go it wasn't long before old habits started creeping back in.

Well done you for recognising you were going off the rails a bit, in all honesty I don't think you did too bad, as far as binges go this was a pretty mini one and definitely one you can get yourself back from. Here's to a better day today!

Couldnt agree more! I am and have been at target for nearly 10 months but find it so hard to maintain, my weight is just like a cork in a bottle, ie just below target band, next week just above, and thats how I am continually. Dont want to start having to pay again so find myself having a few extra syns one week, then pulling it right back the next. Have tried being on plan all week and then having extra at weekends, that doesnt work either. Tried extra hes but find I gain when I do that. I do agree that S W tend not to give you much help once "the journey has ended". But it hasnt really, we may have come to the end but we still wander about a little in various directions. Sorry that was a long one! :)

Thanks for all your comments...very helpful.

I made a massive sw curry for dinner, and had a muller greek yoghurt. I am having real choc cravings tonight, but just brushed my teeth then got a drink of water.

Maintaining is hard work! If i stick to plan, i lose a pound or two a week. If I have one bad day, or two bad meals, i seem to maintain. It is so easy to let old habits creep back in though, isn't it!! It seems that the more choc etc i eat, the more i crave it.

Couldnt agree more! I am and have been at target for nearly 10 months but find it so hard to maintain, my weight is just like a cork in a bottle, ie just below target band, next week just above, and thats how I am continually. Dont want to start having to pay again so find myself having a few extra syns one week, then pulling it right back the next. Have tried being on plan all week and then having extra at weekends, that doesnt work either. Tried extra hes but find I gain when I do that. I do agree that S W tend not to give you much help once "the journey has ended". But it hasnt really, we may have come to the end but we still wander about a little in various directions. Sorry that was a long one! :)

This is the main reason I stopped going to group. I ended up like that, eating more one week and then bringing it all back in line the next week. I think I actually was obsessing more about my weight when I was trying to maintain than when I was losing it. In the end I had to stop going as I was driving myself crazy and at one point was having 8 HEs a day and still lost weight!

Well done for managing to stay at target for 10 months! That is a real achievement and one SW should recognise. I've always believed there should be target awards and incentives for target members to remain at group. At the end of the day target members have got to be the best advert for new members that SW could hope for!

I wouldn't fret about it to much - a little blip in the morning isn't going to cause you to gain loads of weight, as I said, if you go straight back on the bandwagon. My OH always compares it to walking up the stairs, and if you trip, you don't go down to the bottom and start again, you just keep on going :) (his way of convincing me that if I have a binge, don't 'start again tomorrow' I have to start again now! haha. It does work - positive thinking an all that :) xx

I love his thinking on this!

Lauren 245, never mind, at least you'll know next time - a little of what you fancy does you good (in more ways than one):)

Wegle & hollys nan, I am interested in the experiences of you maintainers because I am determined to make this the last time I loose weight.

I am going it alone at the moment but it does seem SW don't give a lot of support to maintainers anyway, you are lucky if you have a good consultant who will help you find your maintenance level.

I don't think SW could do a 'one size fits all' maintenace diet tho' because there are so many different factors to how much a person can eat and still maintain. I've been looking at non SW maintainers too and it seems like everyone has to find their level and has a weight range that they hover around.

Hopefully when I get to target I'll be able to do this, but I know from those of you already there it isn't easy.

I think i need to try and weigh myself less often than i do, eat sensibly without obsessing over number of syns etc, and see how i go.

Maintaining is harder than losing. It is a fine balance, without the same motivation to get to a target. I can't imagine looking up syn values of things and writing down all my syns for years, so I am going to stop, just be sensible, see how it goes. Any major gain and back to basics though.

Back