Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Oh no, oh no, oh no!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by NewSlimmerMe, 10 March 2010 Social URL.

1. NewSlimmerMe

NewSlimmerMe Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world - Body Optimise
    AS I've said previously on here, I don't get cravings for sweets or cakes or... well, anything bad really (I'm overweight because I like curry and cheese and I hate exercise!) but there is one sweet thing that I ADORE and it's the season for them... how on EARTH am I going to be able to avoid my precious HOT CROSS BUNS?

I'm actually going to have to avoid the shops all together throughout Easter, they are a weakness of mine and right now I can't think of anything else. Why me?! :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. atchonblimp21

atchonblimp21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3.5lb(30.36%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Maybe you don't have to avoid them completely, if I remember rightly they are about 8/9 syns. So maybe you can save you syns for a little treat. It's just the buying of them and not eating the lot, may be a problem...they are yummy ;)....so maybe you might need to get someone to hide the rest. I know I would :D

4. NewSlimmerMe

NewSlimmerMe Full Member

Diet:
    Hmm... there are 6 in a packet, I am best off not buying them at all TBH! I also need a fat wad of butter in them too!!! THEY ARE EVIL *puts hands over ears* LA LA LA LA LAAAA.

5. atchonblimp21

atchonblimp21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3.5lb(30.36%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    :ignore: Yeah it's probably for the best ;) Just think of them as being evil, and that they taste of poo. :jelous:

And with all the lovely food we can have on slimming world, who needs them, make yourself a lovely SW recipe or something else thats nice instead.

:D

6. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    You will have to see if somebody has a recipe that tastes like them?? You never know, lol

7. NewSlimmerMe

NewSlimmerMe Full Member

Diet:
    Maybe just something tasting of that lovely spice with raisins, etc would be okay... we'll see how desperate I get, lol.

8. subs

subs Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    slimmingworld
    Oh bless you!
    My weakness is mince pies and im glad xmas is over and done with!
    The instore bakeries are the culprits and we have to suffer, lol. :)

Good luck with avoiding the hot cross buns and i hope you find a low syn recipe. ;)

9. Cailin Maith

Cailin Maith Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Lol - I'm exactly the same - I love them toasted with a mountain of butter (not your mamby pamby spread stuff either... real, serious, proper butter!!)

I've decided I'm just not going to buy any as I know I won't stop at 1 :(

10. lemon_fizz

lemon_fizz Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.02%)
    Diet:
    SW - EE
    My thing was Devon cream teas - scones dripping with strawberry jam and clotted cream! About 100 syns each! I don't think it would be possible to make a low syn version.

11. Kikikisses

Kikikisses Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you want to put yourself off whenever you see a pack think of having to run for 3 hours then decide if it's worth it eating lots of them :p. I had this problem when people started talking about going out for my bday, talking about booze and high fat meals and I just decided whatever I do I'll think of how hard I'd have to work to get it off again and it helps me be healthy.

12. robsterswife

robsterswife Tummy Mummy

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23.12%)
    I noticed co-op do a reduced fat version that are 7 1/2 syns each so you could have 2 and put the rest in the freezer and only take out 2 at a time.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Co-op Hot Cross Buns, Reduced Fat, 6 pack 60g each[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [​IMG] 7½ Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 7½ Syns [​IMG] Green 7½ Syns [/FONT]
    [/FONT]​

13. NewSlimmerMe

NewSlimmerMe Full Member

Diet:
    Thank you to all of you, some nice suggestions :) I'm glad I stumbled across this place :)

14. alwyn

alwyn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    80.29kg
    Current Weight:
    80.29kg
    Goal Weight:
    60.33kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The Weetabix cake from the SW website tastes of mixed spice and raisins, and is actually pretty nice - 3.5 Syns per piece (based on cake cut into 12).

15. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    kikikisses..that is a really good suggestion. I need to try that next time I get tempted to dip into my curries I make for the rest of the family. It definately is one of my weaknesses.

16. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Why not treat yourself at the supermarket cafe to one a week? It could be your little reward for NOT buying a whole packet!

17. CamilleBates

CamilleBates Alomst there :)

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(24.71%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I was going to suggest the same! Or going to a local bakery where they wil sell them induvidually :) If you haven't got more than one, you can't eat more than one :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.