Oh to be a consistent Target Member!!

Hoping so Lynne...
Joseph has his neurology appointment at 12 so that cuts down the time at home and around food temptations!
It looks like the consultant could be Spanish so last night I sorted out some paperwork to take with us...plus his TAC scans. That's one thing about Spain...you get given all paperwork, xrays etc.

Very organised Janet, and I hope Joseph's appointment goes well!

Fingers crossed for today Janet

I hope he gets some proper answers

Thanks everyone...it was a disaster from the moment we'd been driving just a few minutes!! We met the most horrendous traffic queue... The trip was only 40min max but we were getting nowhere so I rang the hospital and they said they'd ring me if they needed to cancel the appointment. The hold up was actually 4 way control traffic lights. Once we passed them Joseph drove the car like fury!! :cool: The Sat Nav stopped working so I used google maps on my phone!! Fortunately we arrived at an entrance (about 20 mins late) that was outside Out Patients. I went in to book him in while he went off to park the car. The car park was a long way away... Joseph's not good with directions so I rang him to see where he'd got to. Then I spotted him so we made it back to the right department again.
The nurse took his B/P....179/90...bit stressed I think!! She checked his temperature, weight, height & eye sight and then we saw the doctor. His name was actually Portuguese but not sure where he came from but no, didn't speak Spanish. He looked at all the scans and said Joseph had obviously had a very big injury inside his head. Then he examined him. He's ordered an MRI of his head but thinks his head pains are probably due mainly to scar damage etc. He said after he's seen the scans he'll advice him re some pain control. He could have had the scan this afternoon but Joseph forgot to take his lunchtime medication with him...AND he wanted to eat in the restaurant!! I didn't want to go that route at all!! So we made the appointment for Thursday afternoon.

What an outing!

Not surprising Joseph's BP was up.

Good that there isn't a long wait, but as you said Janet, would have been easier to have got it done today.

This is a private hospital Lynne...that's why it's so quick. It's not exactly private healthcare but bridges the gap between the NHS and waiting lists.

Just realised...I'm the only (brave) one weighing in this week! :eek:

In fairness, still good for Private Healthcare, I have waited 10-14 days for different MRI's

Good lick "The Braveone!"

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Food today...

options 2
chopped fruit
alpro yogurt A
walnuts B

LM 2 sausages
stir fry veggies

options 2

baked beans
fried egg
tomato

Total syns: 4

Jaffa I bought some (Sainsbury's) smoky rasher style bacon today to try. I couldn't find it on the website so ran it though and 2 pieces came out as 2.5. It's made of soya.

What a day you two have had yet you managed to stay on track

Well done

Thank goodness you don't have more months of waiting

I know Jaffa and we walked round Sainsburys before coming home for lunch. We ate at 3pm...hungry wasn't in it!!
I've agreed that we can have lunch in the hospital restaurant on Thursday. He has an ENT appointment during the morning (opposite direction!) and then we can drive out there and eat before his MRI. With no rushing!

Hi Janet! Just popping in to say hello and hopefully at some point return the support you are giving me! Will have a little read some time soon. x

Have no idea what's in the restaurant...didn't dare look in the door because Joseph was thinking we'd eat there!! no way...he knows I don't eat out day before weigh in! lol

Thanks will post an update from group...

Scales 10.4 3/4 this morning so maybe a loss? (At group I weighed 10.6 1/2 week before last.)

Good luck for weigh in Janet!

I have in the past eaten at BUPA and Spire hospitals, as both an inpatient and outpatient in their restaurants, and food was always good. The restaurant at the Nuffield Hospital wherecwe have been taking Kate also smells and looks delicious, so, I am sure you will enjoy, and Joseph will be happy.

Thanks everyone...yes I'm OK with that small loss...makes me 1lb above target weight so fine with that.
I told my c I won't be there next week etc....AND I'm officially starting to celebrate my birthday from now onwards!! :D

Thanks Lynne...I would think a private hospital restaurant should serve nice food...will let you all know tomorrow.

I'm trying not to binge as I know if I got weighed yesterday I would be 2 or 2.5lb over target but just in range

I would relax a bit more if I had been at target or below before last weekend and this weekend so I'm not going mad snack wise etc as I have at least one heavy meal a day from tomorrow till next Tuesday

Ie hotel breakfast 3 course dinners anniversary banquet meal etc

Back