Oh to be a consistent Target Member!!

Janet that is a really beautiful watch and it sounds like you had a lovely day , I am SO PLEASED.

How are you feeling this morning though? Do you feel the antibiotics are starting to work?

I am going to try to get the house sorted and organised for work/school tomorrow, I am lucky to have had a relaxing fortnight but in some ways it will be good to be away from the chocolate temptations!
Better get on with it.

Thanks Lynne.

Thanks Donna... I had a bit of a coughing fit during the night but some water calmed me and I slept again. Yes I think taking the antibiotics again is helping... probably should have continued straight onto a second course without the 4 day gap.
Hope you achieve much today... 2 weeks off work soon flies past I know.

Oh I'm really trying hard food wise today!! Just because I don't mention the number :eek: on the scale doesn't mean I don't weigh...just it's so awful.
Yesterday was 10.8 1/2....today 10.8. I'd like to see some bloat shift before we leave Tuesday morning because I know 4 days away and eating out won't really help me...!!
Not sure I shall be walking a lot either. My ankle seems to swell some when I walk very far...and...as if that's not enough the knee on my other leg has been noticeably swollen. I don't dare mention it to Joseph because I aggravated it by moving (heavy) furniture (hoovering) with my knee!! I know, stupid!! I had an oblique tear at the back of that knee a couple of years ago and should know better. Anyway rubbed some peppermint oil in it and resting it today and hoping it will settle down.

Oh I'm such a skeptic where the weather is concerned...says about 13 degrees...it might be sunny but I'm packing for layers. I'm such a wimp if it's windy!! Maybe it's from living too many years in the sunshine.
Yes we're taking the car but the bus is a good idea too. We don't have any plans...probably just get a map and head off for the day.
I've just printed off the ferry ticket and hotel booking and got the small cases out...Joseph is already packing some things!! He'll have that lot in and out so many times though! lol.

Food for today:
options 2
chopped fruit
alpro yogurt A
walnuts B

stir fry chicken style pieces with veggies
jacket potato

options 2
small choc 7

feta cheese A
mixed salad
fat free dressing
minis B

Total syns: 11

Just caved a bit because I was hungry: yogurt A, dash of options mixed in 1/2, grapes.
Better than reaching for the usual snacky stuff! :p

Last edited:
"Tetchy" would be a good word. I don't feel very good and Joseph has a chesty cough and I think maybe he's worrying about driving down to Portsmouth? He says not though. But he does gets nervous when we're going somewhere...
He went on about two small teaspoons that were 'missing'...kind of hinting I must have thrown them away!! I found one with a small glass in his rucksack and the other one was upstairs with some Manuka honey... Fuss about nothing!! lol.
Oh well...we still have to get through tomorrow!

Are you back to work tomorrow after the Easter break? Food wise going alright?

Last edited:
Thanks Lynne...yes looking forward to getting away very much.

You're right Cavegirl...it's not very far to drive at all but up until the broken ankle episode I did 99.9% of the driving! I think Joseph finds it tiring whereas I just drove no matter how I felt.
His sister (who doesn't drive) was trying to persuade him that he should stop half way and stay overnight! :cool: lol.

Are you all packed and sorted now ?

Ha ha cavegirl...it really is only a 2hr drive! I think Joseph has recovered himself now he sees it all coming together...rather looks like we're going for a month! lol.

Jaffa...it's been one of those days! My sw friend came just before lunch with a card & pressie...after lunch Joseph went upstairs...still packing! I was in the middle of washing up lunch things and drying clothes etc when my sister came with a card. Stopped everything to chat with her and then Matt came too...so by then it was 7pm!! So then I start doing everything I needed to do in double quick time!!

God willing, we're leaving at 7.30am...bet I don't sleep very well. I never do when I set the alarm!! lol.

Scales down 1/4 - 10.7 3/4...
options 2
chopped fruit
alpro yogurt A
walnuts B

cheese bakes

2 L.Mc sausages
slices of bacon style rashers (liked those)
flat mushroom & tomatoes baked
jacket potato
gluten free roll
ketchup 1

options 2
small choc 7

small slice carrot cake

tinned peaches & banana
yogurt P/A
hoops

Some added in extras.

So...after tomorrow morning no more scales until Saturday! I doubt I shall make too much effort re food except to try and not make myself feel too ill. Have packed eye drops (dairy) and oil for ears (wheat!)

I'm not taking my LT but have data on my phone to use. Hotel has free WiFi so hope to check in with you all.

Have a wonderful holiday! Hopefully you should get some lovely sunshine all being well. It sounds like you need a break with all those appointments for both you and Joseph.

(I've just been reading back through - whereabouts in Cornwall were you born? My granddad was from Penzance, so we've spent many family holidays down there over the years. We're going again in four weeks and I can't wait - such a beautiful place.)

Back