Extra Easy Ok .. confused.com .. help pwease ?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Daisysp8, 26 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Daisysp8

Daisysp8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Heya Guys .... I don`t want to screw up, but i`m not sure if i`m getting this right.

Tomorrow i have the first of many "xmas" meals ... i`ve had a sneaky look at the menu in advance and they do a:

Gammon steak (i can cut the fat off) topped with fried egg (? griddled, free or not) and the "home cut chunky chips" ... eek ? how do i know what to do ? I taje it i`d have to syn them, but how do i know how much to syn them by ?

I`m hoping i can ask for "baby potatoes" instead of chips tho ... coz they`d be free then wouldn`t they ? ..... But if not then chips it would have to be :( (but obviously not SW chips, so i take it i have to syn any other form of chip ?)

I`ll be having veggies too ... i`m sure of it, though not stated on the menu i`m sure you`ll get an option of veg or salad (blooming hope so) ..... Help ... i normally do Red Days so feel completely out of my depth and i`m only 1.5 lbs away from my 1st interim target ... how do i get it right ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    I would count the gammon as free with the fat cut off, fried egg is half a syn, take a tissue or use your serviette to mop up the excess oil (I do this and I don't care if people think I'm strange).
    You could change the chips to new potatoes if you wish but if you have to have chips then count the syns. I always have chips when out and have a rather unusual method of synning them which I call a flat rate syn amount (yes, I know what you're all thinking). I call a portion of chips 17 syns, I don't worry about how big/small/greasy/thick/thin or I'd drive myself mad. A portion of chips when I'm out is 17 syns so there.
    This probably isn't much use to you is it?

Daisysp8 likes this.
  4. ChicaConCurvas

ChicaConCurvas Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    well judging by the amount you've lost and maintained I'm happy to go for a flat rate syn amount too! :dancing_snowman:

5. Daisysp8

Daisysp8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Ha ha ha ... got to agree ... there is certainly something in it to have lost 7 stone Eternity hun ... well done, that is fantastic :)

I ended up not going .... snow *sigh* ... so had omlette with SW chips ... sat here all full and happy now :D

Allie ....lmao at you blotting the oil out of your chinese .... but it`s worth it to cut out the syns, it is certainly something i will remember next time i`m eating out :) x x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.