Ok I'm about to go and stuff my face!!! Stop me please!!!

ohtobeslinky

Silver Member
As of Monday I have no job. I am in shock - I knew it was coming but I'm still gutted about it. I am so sad and down all I want to do is drown my sorrows. Even the pot of sweetcorn sitting in the fridge for two days looks good at the moment. I'm in pieces and have no idea where the next job will be, how we will be able to pay for our wedding, or how to stop myself wanting to eat the world!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hey Hun I'm sorry to hear that... I've been made redundant 3 times and it was all in a row so I know how difficult this must be for u...

Think if it this way the diet is actually saving you money because let's face even if you have a couple of drinks an evening and eat 3 meals a days it's going to cost more in a week then this diet...

Also if you stop now all your hard work has gone to waste... Think positive and believe in yourself... Your a strong and resilient person who can achieve all your goals...

Try and forget everything for a few hours grab a book or watch a movie... Get totally absorbed so you completely forget what's just happened and then take it one day at a time...

Make a plan... Tidy up your CV and tomorrow get it posted on monster.co.uk that job site is a god send!

Aw Slinky that's [email protected]'m so sorry!!!
The easiet thing to do is go and eat but this will make you feel worse!!! Please don't do it! YellowUmbrella has great advise there.....absorb yourself in something! Get your C.V sorted and get job hunting! I was made redundant 2 years ago and thankfully got another job within 3 weeks....a better and more rewarding job that i love!
Stay strong hun...i know it'll be hard but you'll be delighted with yourself! Don't see it as the end of the world (i did)...i believe things happen for a reason and something better comes along!
Big Hugs xxx

Oh God, that's awful, I'm really sorry :( Shocks are always the worst because they destabilise us and at that point it's natural to reach for something familiar and comforting. Of course you know if you eat it'll move you further away from your goal of how you want to feel at your wedding anyway - and in the absolute worst case if your wedding was in jeopardy, you'd still have your 30th birthday, and the summer, and for a shock now it would be such a shame to spoil how you feel then.

I think I remember you saying you weren't hungry on LT, so you know this is the kind of head-hunger that you're fighting against. Seriously, today do anything else to make yourself more comfortable - write b**chy emails about your job to your friends, watch trash TV, have a nap. If you really can't stop yourself at least eat something with no carbs and then pick yourself up tomorrow.

We're here for you!

Katy xxx

Aww big hugs huni , be strong. Some great advice from the others above. Hope you find something quickly xx

Hey guys - thanks for the support. Feeling a bit better this evening and not so hell-bent on eating. I am still reeling and really worried about money but you're right, something will come up, I'm strong and I do not need food to feel better. You guys have all given me a virtual hug and it's really helped. Thank you! xxxx

Aw that sucks.
I was made redundant 18 months ago and have had 2 months work since then - and I had to travel to the middle east for that!

I can't control the job market - but I can control what goes in my mouth.

I feel miserable some days as I see my bank balance falling (and I have a son to support)... But... I know I feel EVEN more miserable when my clothes are not fitting.
Looking in the mirror and thinking, "wow, you're getting thinner" makes me feel a teeny bit better.

Keep going! You will be glad you didn't cheat!

I'm going to quote your sig now: Nothing will taste as good as being slim will feel!

*hugs again*

I was made redundant 18 months ago too after being with my emplyer for 23 years. It hurt and left me a little (actually a lot) down. But I'm back up now after having a long hard chat with myself.

Whether you eat or not you will still be out of work. What you need to ask yourself is do you want to be out of work and getting thinner or out of work and getting fatter? I think you know the answer so don't give in to it. Something will come along, it always does. The dust will settle eventually. Don't ruin what you are in control of because you've been knocked by something else. But yeah, I know it's hard and I really so sympathise with you.

Good luck and chin up.

Slinky we are strong, powerful and resiliant women ! We can bounce back from anything!

Good luck with your search, you can do it all!!! Cx

*feelingbetterforthehugs* - thank you tonnes xxx

Hey Hun good to see you're feeling better today! Just realised your a fellow mancunian!! What kind of job was it? I don't know what work experience you have but I do know RBS call centre in town is recruiting as a friend took up an interim position with them recently... They pay around 16k which isn't fantastic I know but it would help pay bills till you found something better?

Oooh thank you for that- I've just applied! I have also been called to an interview on Monday for a telesales job - not amazing but it'll do for now! Previous job was in house sales of shutters and blinds xx

Oooh sales is my forte you can make good money in telesales!! I'm in media sales myself but not working at the mo as I've been writing!!

If sales is your think monster.com will be a good start mind you the RBS job might be good enough short term!

Cheers Dusty!! xx

Glad you like it.

It brings back memories of me and my mum driving in car in the 70s singing our heads off to this, with dad and brother shaking their heads and muttering!!

I have a CD on to which I burned this song repeatedly so that when I'm having a bad time I can put it on and sing along to over and over!!

Back