Ok I'm back again!! CelticChicks WW diary

Thanks again everyone :D

@ Zareena- yes it is WW I'm on, I even had one semi bad day this week and like I said didn't do as much exercise as planned so it seems to be working!

@ Roch- I want to lose between9-10 stone, I was 10st 7lb a few years ago so I was happy enough at that or maybe 11st, will see how I feel when I get to 11! I was 20st 3.5lb two weeks ago and today I weigh 19st 5lb. I know exactly how you feel, no matter how much I wanted to succeed on CD or LL I just couldn't do it so I just had to get myself into the right frame of mind and keep telling myself all the reasons I want to get this weight off and WW is really suiting me. Let me know how you get on at SW!

@ Andi- Like I said I know how it feels to want to do CD so badly but just not feel its right for you. I battled with myself and tried to convince myself that quitting it and going back to WW meant I was a failure but it doesn't. I will still get the same result in the end, it might take a little longer but I will get there with this diet, I can feel it. I was yo-yoing on CD far too much. When I first tried LL back in November I was 17st 7. Going on and off the diet and having a million last meals made me pile it on and I started WW at 20st 3lb. Instead of following my gut feeling that it wasn't right back in Nov and stopping the binge cycle. But I'm not looking back and going through all the what if's anymore. This is it now. I'm not looking at it as a diet or something that I have to do. I'm not looking at exercise as a chore but think of it as this is what I need to continue forever if I want to live a longer, happier, healthier life. I'm 26 and I went for a walk three weeks ago and my ankles hurt. That gave me the jolt I need. I have a little puppy and I won't let people overfeed him because he will get fat and its not fair on him- do you know what a wake up call that was for me when the words came out of my mouth?! I won't let my dog get fat because of his health but I stuff myself day in and day out!
In two short weeks I am more confident, I am now walking 3 miles without a pain in sight, I'm sleeping better and things are really starting to come together.
I'm starting to ramble now but just think about it, Gen from these boards told me to list out all the reasons I wanted to lose weight and all the reasons for and against sticking to CD and then make my mind up. Maybe you should do that and then decide what is right for you. I know six stone seems like a huge mountain to climb and I kept thinking about the length of time it would take to get to goal and then I realised, that time will pass anyway, its how I use it thats important. This time next year I can still be the weight I am today plus more or I can be at my goal and living life to the full.

Thanks for all the replies. :)
Week 2 weigh in this morning and I'm down another 3lb. That makes 12.5lb in two weeks. So happy! My exercise wasn't as good as last week so I'm determined to make up for it this week and stick to my evening walks.

Hi Celtic Chick,

Congratulations on another great week for you, 3lbs. is fab and 12.5lbs. is excellent.

So happy for you that your diet is going so well and that you are feeling so positive. It makes all the difference and your fitness level is way up already, that in itself is fantastic motivation to keep going

Your attitude about knowing this is going to take a while will keep you going...

I had to laugh to myself when you expressed your concerns for your new dog...

My dog's vet has a big notice up on his door about how cruel it is to let dogs get fat and how it causes all sorts of illnesses and I did ask him ten years ago would he take me on as a patient, he thought I was joking:D Well, sort of, but looking back if had done so, I might not of got into such a state.

It is awful the way we can do all the right things for other people and our pets, but when it comes to ourselves we have a blind spot.

Well done and here is to another good week.

Love Mini xxx

Way to Go! Thats excellent!
Keep up the good work!!

Well done girl thats really good,bet u r well chuffed.
I have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow and i hope i get a good result like you xx

Week three weigh in yesterday and down another 3.5lb. Thats a total of 16lb in three weeks :D

Hi CelticChick,

That is a very good weight loss 3.5lbs. well done and even better to have 16lbs. off in three weeks.

Congratulations and now with this motivation it will spur you on to another good week.
Musique41.gif

Wow 16lb's in 3 weeks and eating too - that is fabulous :D

What is your daily menu like? is w.w similar to slimming world in that on one of the plans you can eat whatever you want, you know a red day or a green day?

Roch, good luck to you for tomorrow's weigh in and well done on your brilliant loss last week :p

Go girls :D

Haven't been able to get online much over the last week! Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I've been off this week and away a lot so not eating as well as I should be but still exercising and feeling smaller so thats good! Not expecting much of a loss but sure will have to wait and see!

As for a typical day, I'd have fruit in the morning and then some ryvita sesame crackers ( which I am addicted to!) and tuna and light mayo. For lunch I'd have chicken breast on a tortilla wrap or something along that lines. Dinner varies, I eat oven chips and chicken dippers when I want something nice and tasty or I have potato, veg and breaded cod or something like that. Or pasta. Basically I am eating whatever I feel like but pointing it. If I have points left over I have things like popcorn, cereal bars, houmous on ryvita. Really enjoying eating like this I have to say!

Well done celticchick on your weight loss,u r doing really well, are u drinking lots of water as that is my downfall at the moment and am really trying to change that bad habbit hope u have had a good weekend xx

Geri hun, how r u doing,thanks for the message,i lost 4 pound last week which makes my total 18.5 lbs in 2 weeks so i am chuffed xx

Fantastic work hun, keep it up. I loved WW, I just think that I restarted so many times that I lost it in the end, Im chuffed its working for you, and jealous too pmsl!

Keep at it girl

Haven't been able to get online much over the last week! Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I've been off this week and away a lot so not eating as well as I should be but still exercising and feeling smaller so thats good! Not expecting much of a loss but sure will have to wait and see!

As for a typical day, I'd have fruit in the morning and then some ryvita sesame crackers ( which I am addicted to!) and tuna and light mayo. For lunch I'd have chicken breast on a tortilla wrap or something along that lines. Dinner varies, I eat oven chips and chicken dippers when I want something nice and tasty or I have potato, veg and breaded cod or something like that. Or pasta. Basically I am eating whatever I feel like but pointing it. If I have points left over I have things like popcorn, cereal bars, houmous on ryvita. Really enjoying eating like this I have to say!

Hi CelticChick,

That looks like a very healthy diet and glad you are doing so well.

Love Mini xxx

hiya honey... i know you are having a bad couple of days just wanted to give ya a big 'kick up the bum' hee hee

chat to ya soon, you are doing brill and should be soooo proud of yourself!!

get them boots on for tomorrow girl cos i'm gonna need such a boot :D :D :D

see ya soon

Gen xxxx

Hey Gen

Yes I have had a couple of bad days but I enjoyed them ;) ! So the guilt isn't happening for once! Back on track in the morning :) But I can't believe how bloated and lethargic and lifeless I am after eating bad and this bad wasn't half like I used to eat but I never noticed how it affected me because it was the norm! You may need those boots tomorrow for me though!

As for my weigh in I stayed the same this week but it was expected, I was off last week like I said and I went a bit off the rails on Sunday and Monday so glad it was a SS at weigh in Tuesday! Heres to a fresh start though!

Hi CelticChick,

Great to see and delighted you are back on track...Here's to a good week.

1000balloons.gif

Love Mini xxx

Hi Gen,how u doing hun,its funny how when we r eating healthy and then we eat crappy food how terrible our bodies feel,but b4 we started dieting and we were eating all the wrong food we just got used to feeling bloated and lethargic.
Well done for just having a few days off and not gaining weight that is an acomplishment in itself,next week will be a good loss for u, have a good weekend,sleep well xxx

Hey all

I'm back again. Went completely off track, was home sick for two weeks with an ear and chest infection and just went completely of the rails so I hadn't come as far in my quest for learning how to eat properly as I thought I had.

But onwards and downwards!! I really feel good about getting back on track and I'm stopping putting deadlines on myself. I have to go see my sis in three weeks time and I'm panicing about it but realised there is no point. I will do my best for the three weeks leading up to it but there is no point wishing I'd started months ago at this stage if that makes sense! I guess what I mean is I am no longer going to beat myself up over it and even if I do have a binge, I will stop seeing it as a failure and the end of the line and just get back at it, I've eaten for close to four weeks now and still haven't regained the 16lb I'd lost so it shows me that one binge doesn't mean the end!!

Another mistake I made was not keeping a daily diary here to help keep me focused and back on track quicker.

But I'm going to start that now. So all in all feeling pretty good.

Hey all

I'm back again. Went completely off track, was home sick for two weeks with an ear and chest infection and just went completely of the rails so I hadn't come as far in my quest for learning how to eat properly as I thought I had.

But onwards and downwards!! I really feel good about getting back on track and I'm stopping putting deadlines on myself. I have to go see my sis in three weeks time and I'm panicing about it but realised there is no point. I will do my best for the three weeks leading up to it but there is no point wishing I'd started months ago at this stage if that makes sense! I guess what I mean is I am no longer going to beat myself up over it and even if I do have a binge, I will stop seeing it as a failure and the end of the line and just get back at it, I've eaten for close to four weeks now and still haven't regained the 16lb I'd lost so it shows me that one binge doesn't mean the end!!

Another mistake I made was not keeping a daily diary here to help keep me focused and back on track quicker.

But I'm going to start that now. So all in all feeling pretty good.

Hi Celtic chick,

You are sounding very positive and I am delighted how well you have done in not regaining all of the weight you lost back on and that is reassuring.

I feel if we keep trying we will get there eventually and if we learn as we go then that will keep us on top of things.

We are not perfect and at the end of the day all we can do is our best and some days we will get it right and then others...well those are the ones when we need our friends on here most of all.

Three weeks time you could be down a couple of pounds and if you are drinking your water your skin and eyes will look good and it is a start and much better than doing nothing.

Every day we succeed is one more day that we had control and eventually we will have more of those and less of the others...we can tip the balance in our favour.

Love Mini xxx

Back