ok is there anyone who started out big like me?

Thats some amazing weight loss right there mate although and please dont take this as a negative but i would have thought after losing that much and being down to 18st your waist would be smaller than 40-42" (maybe i was secretly hoping so as i was expecting to be about 38" when i get to 18st...)

Keep up the good work mate :)

The inches take a while to drop off at first, and not all at the same time from the same place.
I'm 6'4" and started at 33st 5.5 and a 68 waist jeans, 6XL T-shirts and 7XL jumpers.

I'm now 18st and a 40/42 waist and L/XL tops ( depending on where I buy them. )

It will happen, it just takes time.
You may also find that some weeks you don't lose much / any weight but will suddenly lose inches as your body reshapes itself.
Well that's how it seemed to me anyway.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I think that I'm still a 40/42 because I was SO overweight that there is a lot of excess skin which is tucked in etc.
Also I seem to carry the bulk of my remaining weight in my lower half. I'm what would be classed as "pear shaped" for a woman I suppose.

There's a thread on here something like "What size are you at what weight?", the difference on there can be amazing.

I have only lost about 17lbs since before xmas but have dropped almost 2 dress sizes. If you can try & tone as you go it will help with the inch loss if not the weight loss.

I am 5'10" & started out at 21 stone 12lbs, now weighing in at 14 1/2 stone!

Hi all,

When i started SW i weighed 26st 7lb and i have now dropped to 24st 3lb but although i am in less pain etc with joints and back i have to say im dissapointed with how much change i have fealt in my clothes.

Btw i am 6ft 2in tall.

I am wondering if anyone else who started out at a similar weight to me could give me an insight into how long it took before you started to see changes in the clothes sizes etc you were wearing?

obviously ideally i would be looking for male comparisons as it applies more directly but i would love to know about any ladies experiences too.

thanks

Paul

Just kinda need something to look forward to if you get my meaning

I started 21st 9, and have been doing SW for seven weeks now, have lost a bit less than you, about thirty pounds. Looking in the mirror i cant see much difference. But people i know are commenting, saying they can see a huge difference.

I am noticing big chnages over the last ten to fourteen days in how my clothes hang on me. Of course, still being 19 and a half stone means i am wearing big clothes still. I am now however fitting into clothes that havent fitted me for some time.

I went from wearing 54 inch trousers to wearing an ever so slightly tight set of 48 inch trousers, which while tight around the tummy i think i could fit both my legs into one trouser!

In terms of t shirts and polo shirts. I used to wear xxl stuff from cotton traders but found they started to feel a bit tight so switched to xxxl. I tried on some old xxl the other week. Not only did they fit but they felt loose!!

My shirt collar size has moved from 19 down to 17 1/2 ( the collar is still a touch tight but the shirt fits around the chest and belly no problem).

I started literally laughing out loud the other week trying on these clothes that just did not fit me a couple of months ago, it has made me even more incentivised to lose even more!

Remember the clothes you are currently wearing are most likely very ill fitting and designed to be big enough to cope with your previous size and several sizes bigger which means you dont notice that you no longer fit in the clothes.

In a few more stone you will be starting to get within reach of clothes that can be bought in non speciality shops. You will notice the difference soon.

I started just under 19 stone and a 54" waist! One year later 12stone 8lb and a waist of 36"! I am so fed-up with having to keep on replacing clothes every 2-3 months.As others have said, sometimes you will loose weight, other times body measurements, keep the good work up!

Hey Paul... Congratulations on the weight loss so far.
I started out 19st 9lb and after 5 weeks doing slimming world I've lost 1 stone. I'm 5ft 9. Found it a bit hard to get used to the food changes at start but I'm used to it now... I had a to buy trousers size 44. And xxl tops.
I had a big loss of 6lb my first week the next 2 weeks 2lb then I stayed the same on the 4th week but my 5th week I lost 4lb.
I have started exercising a lot more than I did at the start of the diet and I think that it has helped my weight loss and hopefully will help with dropping clothes sizes.

Hi Paul, I've lost 7st 8lb and I'm shorter than you and I weighed less but our bmi's were the same. After about 4 months I needed a whole new wardrobe (2-3st loss at that point) and it felt amazing. Do be patient because it does take time but the journey is worth it. It's not a race just a lifestyle change that has to be long term. Good luck.x

I currently am 23 stone, 46 inch waist and xxxl t shirts, this is my first week on SW doing it from home. I am going to have my first weigh in tomorrow bit nervous that if it is disapointing gonna head for the beer and burger route.

I currently am 23 stone, 46 inch waist and xxxl t shirts, this is my first week on SW doing it from home. I am going to have my first weigh in tomorrow bit nervous that if it is disapointing gonna head for the beer and burger route.

Good luck for weigh in George. In a few months you will feel amazing. Equator beer 0% vol 0 calories are syn free and a perfect beer fix (glass bottles in a 4 pack in asda and tesco).

ColJack said:
Syn free beer? How did this one slip past me?

It's not actually beer-it does say it it's 0% vol on the post! But it's a beer flavoured beverage :)

You will do fine mate dont worry, let us know how your weigh in went :)

I only lost 1 lb this week buti was really unwell the last week but as a consolation prize i did get my club 10 and also club slimmer of the month lol

Thats brill cake thank you, thanks for the good luck too

ColJack said:
Syn free beer? How did this one slip past me?

Its packaged like beer, it tastes like beer and is perfect for bbq's in the day. Gorgeous ice cold. £3 a pack in Tesco today, chilling in my fridge for tonight.

No alcohol but very refreshing and it feels like beer in a green bottle. It was advertised in this months sw magazine. ;-)

And my husband is happy to drink it so it must be nice. X

Oh glad Ive found a thread for us larger people :) I'm 5ft 7.5 inches, female and started at 27st 9lb. I didn't notice any difference size-wise for about 4 stone. To be fair the stuff I was wearing at my biggest was too small which was why I just had to lose weight, there was nothing I could wear so I was bursting out of the biggest size 32's.

The sizes seem to be dropping faster now Im lighter though, a stone is a dress size these days. It's amazing trying those clothes on now, Ive given most of them away/sold them but have kept a couple just to compare, its absolutely unbelievable to put them on now and have my arms stretch out feet from my body when I hold them out :D

It does seem to come in big leaps, you don't notice anything for months, then all of a sudden *everything* is massive on you and you just have to get new stuff! I have to keep raiding ebay as I cant afford to keep buying new stuff only to grow out of it in a few months :) Its an amazing feeling!

I agree with the others above, your better off measuring yourself as your clothes were probably too tight anyway when you started to lose and it wil take quite a few stone to go from too tight to too loose :) And when we're this size we tend to wear stretchy clothes which could fit people 6 stone apart IMO :D

Other people only really started noticing Id lost anything after about 5 or 6 stone though. Im only just starting to think I look like a 'normal' person :)

Amazing losses here ....well done!

I started sw at 20st 1lb and have lost 5st 9lb in total upto now and am smaller than I have been in 10 years :)

Back