Okay, its about time I started noting what I eat..and what better place than here.

Don't the ask if you have any dietary requirements at these do's? You could always say you're allergic to calories.

LOL ' FT

Nice FT... Very nice!

So, how did it all go..did I fall apart, act impeccably, or meet somewhere in the middle. Stayed tuned for the next episode of Emma's Eating Adventure!

Sorry.. but over excited this being the last day in the office for 3 weeks.. JOYS!

So, yesterday - didn't stick 100% to RTM, but neither did I stray or even eat addictively. I'm pretty proud of it actually.

Breakfast: LL Choc shake

Lunch: Mixed leaf salad with half a tomato and cucumber.

Dinner:

Starter - Stack of smoked duck with goats cheese on bed of leaves.

I had the duck, and will admit to having a small bit of the goats cheese (yep naughty me), but I really enjoyed the taste and left the large majority. I wasn't compelled to eat the rest..well I was but I wan't tempted to act on it!

Dinner - Half a small chicken stuffed with shitake mushrooms, served with garden peas and bacon cooked potatoes.

Took the skin off, and had most of the chicken breast, and around half the shitake "stuffing". Again, garden peas arn't on my allowed list yet but had these, but not potato.

Pudding - Mango and raspberry trifle with chocolate and black pepper sponge.

Was gutted as hoped there would be a little bit of fruit on the side but there wasn't. Attempted to dig a little out of the cream and custard but did and had what was on the spoon. Again, not annoyed or disappoint or this. It wasn't a spoonful, its was hardly a covering of "the bad" stuff. And I didn't think - "Oh stuff it I'll have the pud!"

Drinks - stuck to water all day, so no extra in there!

LL Peanut bar - didn't get back to the hotel until around 1am - so decided not to have it before going to bed. Wasn't hungry so didn't want to have it for the sake of it.

All in all - I'm not too disappointed about it.

Today

Breakfast: LL Choc Shake

Lunch: Tuna with salad, cucumber and beansprouts. Balsamic vineger (also know as the variation of normal work lunch!)

Dinner: Baked sweet potato chips with cajun spices (YUMMMM YUMMMM!) with lean gammon, brocoli and carrots. Had a tomato ketchup of dollop of tomato puree and yoghurt. Again - yummmm!

Whoop whoop.

Well done Em!! :D You were a good girl, better than I was at the wedding! Hahah, well. Some valuable lessons learnt there though. Keep reminding yourself of them. Especially the : just because I "should" have it, I will. ... in relation to your bar. Yeah we should have our foodpacks blah blah but at the end of the day, if you're not hungry (well done on listening to your body!!) - then don't force yourself to have anything you don't want to. Because someday it won't be your LL bar that you'll be faced with. But left-overs after dinner. Or a stray muffin ("the last of the pack") in the cupboard... You know the ones I talk about! Lol. Those items are evil... Ugh.

Well done though, I am proud of you! :D And I know you are proud of you too.
x

:D thank you! I am..and you should be too - yes you feel you overate a little - but just look at what you would have had before? Progress yes?

Found my new FAVE sauce...as I used to be a tomato ketchup fiend! Dollop of natural fat free yog, with half a tablespoon of tomato puree...I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

Food Today

Lunch: Tuna in my yog/tomato puree mayo replacement, salad with peppers and cucumber.

Dinner: Chicken breast with cajun sweet potato chips and salad (peppers, tomato and cucumber)

Pudding/Eve Snack: Raspberries and blueberried in fat-free natural yoghurt.

Cup of tea and LL Peanut bar.

Dinner:

Food:

Lunch: Crab meat with iceburg lettuce and baby spinach, cherry tomato, cucumber, sweet pepper with balsamic vinegar.

Afternoon snack (IN THE SUN!): Raspberries with yoghurt.

Dinner: 3 quorn sausages, brocoli, sweetcorn and cauliflower mash (mixed with yoghurt). Liking the cauliflower mash now - just need to make sure I soften it more before trying to mash! I like my veg quite crunchy so did it for the normal time! Whoop - it mas messy work :D

Late Eve: LL Peanut bar.

Thoughts

A little down on cals today, under 900 where I should be aiming for 1000 this week - when I realised I thought about having some fresh blueberries before but then realised the crooked thinking there. I'm not hungry, and I'm not intentionally having too few calories, but I nearly used it as an EXCUSE to eat. Healthy foods, but still.

I'm not all that hungry and still have 3/4 of my bar to go - so I'm happy with it all.

Been packing for my work Cologne trip and Florida hols, and looking into the food I'll be eating at both. I'm expecting to put on a few pounds in the next few weeks seen as it is coming into my trigger weeks while I'm away. I'm not going to go mental, I am going to stick to the plan mainly - but also give myself some leeway IF I WANT TO...but I DON'T HAVE TO JUST BECAUSE I'M ON HOLS!

I know I feel too proud and too good to mess this all up right now, and I'm not even scared about eating out at US restaurants most nights. I know what kind of food they all do, and I know I can ask them to alter what I order to keep it in my limits. I also know that the portion sizes are in my control - some places do smaller plate options.. but really they only stick the plate in front of you, they don't force the food in your mouth. It's all up to me, my choices and my actions.

Smiley time - I'm not scared of it!

Food:
I am going to stick to the plan mainly - but also give myself some leeway IF I WANT TO...but I DON'T HAVE TO JUST BECAUSE I'M ON HOLS!

I know I feel too proud and too good to mess this all up right now, and I'm not even scared about eating out at US restaurants most nights. I know what kind of food they all do, and I know I can ask them to alter what I order to keep it in my limits. I also know that the portion sizes are in my control - some places do smaller plate options.. but really they only stick the plate in front of you, they don't force the food in your mouth. It's all up to me, my choices and my actions.

I'm liking your planning ahead! :D Very responsible! It's true - no one is forcing the food down you, maybe when and if you receive a large portion at a restaurant - automatically section off your "portion" so to speak (if you feel the serving they've given you is too large), and just put it elsewhere. That will automatically permit you to eat what's infront of you - without worrying what you could "over-do" especially if you're still in the "must finish everything on my plate" mentality. Just a suggestion :) Because it's so easy to forget and to give in! And American food is known to be EVVVVIIIIIILLLLLL!!!! :eek: Heheheh, but I'm confident in you making the right choices. I know you will do very well. You DO have a bit of a weight margin to play around with ( MISS. SIZE 8!! ;) ) plus REMEMBER that *WATER WEIGHT* will come back on these weeks (as you said trigger weeks are coming) so expect a glycogen store restore at some point (which will be about 7lbs!). Don't panic. It's not Fat coming back.

I wish you all the best on your travels! I wish I was there with you to see Florida and Cologne and stuff, but I'm sure I'll get to see them one day! :D

You should be OK in the states. We serve SO many salads, at least on the West Coast, but Florida should too and will have lots of seafood on offer.

I did California on RTM, and just ordered salads everywhere for lunch/dinner, and poached eggs for brekkie, etc. Always ask dor salad dressing on the side though as they often drown the lettuce in the stuff.

Its not really much different there then it is here. Not anymore. We serve "fries" with everthing. UK serves "Chips" with everything. Only difference is the spelling.

Have fun!!!

Delicious

Found my new FAVE sauce...as I used to be a tomato ketchup fiend! Dollop of natural fat free yog, with half a tablespoon of tomato puree...I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

Yum - try adding lemon juice and crunchy black pepper - zingy !
Have a fab trip/holiday.

Fruit.salad. fish in Florida plus sunshine and bikinis.
Can't go wrong. Recipe for success.
Look forward to hearing how you got on .

:D Thanks all.

BL I know the US can accomadate anything - I was more thinking about ME going wrong than them because of how we usually eat over there. I know there are certain things in mind I know I would like to have - but know I don't have to.

And yes, sun, fish, water, bikini and my first EVER slim holiday photos. What could be better!

Am taking my laptop over there for photos/and a few work bits so I will probably be on here a bit keeping everyone updated - and I'm sure I'll find a couple of minutes at the exhibition this week. So you won't have to miss me too much :D

Okay - so plan for today. Am having breakfast and large lunch seen as I'm heading off for airport at around 4pm and don't land until 10pm in Germany - don't want to leave it down to lady luck at the airport :D

Breakfast - 1 large egg scrambled with chopped tomato.

Lunch - Quorn mince with chopped tomato, peppers, onions with lettuce "wraps" (Thank Minerva!!), cajun sweet potato chips and small mixed salad.

Dinner - LL Choc Shake before flight

Snack on Plane (yes, nervous flyer I need something to gnaw!): 100g blueberries.

Late Eve (if I want it once at hotel): LL Peanut Bar

Great to catch up EM, you're doing really well and seem well 'sorted' for the two trips.

Have fun and enjoy the experience as New You :)

Tuesday:

Lunch: LL Peanut Bar

Snack: Red Grapes

Dinner: Seafood salad..left most as I couldn't identify much of it!

Wednesday

Breakfast: Fruit salad, and kiwi fruit.

Lunch: LL Choc Shake

Snack: Banana

Dinner: Half a small chicken (only at a quarter at most) with "hawaiian sauce" and vegetables from Hard Rock Cafe

Bit annoyed that I didn't read the menu right and though there was a small amount of marinade on the chicken - but it was basted with sticky sauce. Took the skin off and had the breast though. Not too bad.

Thursday

Breakfast: Kiwi fruit and banana

Lunch: LL Choc Shake

Snack (before flight): Banana

Dinner: Subway chicken breast salad with lots of veg and no dressing.

Eve: IF HUNGRY my LL bar.

Hi All - plane trip was fine and now all settled into hotel. Unfortunately OH is now ill so parents are out in the sun and we're in the room. *sigh*

Food - Friday (Plane)

LL Bar
Carrot batons from boots
Apple slices and grape bag from boots
3 pinapple slices (from boots)

Forgot to pack a shake to have for breakfast so that basically all I had in the morning and on the 9 hour flight. Then for dinner - was one of my planned naughties. Four chicken wings (with skin! SHOCK!) in buffalo hot sauce and celery sticks (no blue cheese dip!). Was yumm, left 3 of the wings whereas last time we came I have all of these to myself as A STARTER and then had a burger. Can't believe I ever thought eating so much was normal - I don't think I could have even attempted another wing!

Also went to the local supermarket to buy stuff for the room. Normally it would be all soft drinks/biscuits/cakes/fried chicken bits/bread/bagels/sweets/choc/choc puddings/beef jerky ect. This time my buys included bananas, blueberries, melon, fat free organic yoghurt, celery and apples! Well, well, well!

Saturday

Up early (5.30!) so went to the gym and done 20 minutes "fat burn" on the bike, plus physio work and strength work and then a 20 minutes brisk walk around the lake of the resort. So I'm pretty happy with myself for that. Will try to do that on the mornings I get up early naturally (which at the moment I'm thinking will be most) but am not going to force myself up to go. I haven't been going for 6 months and I think its unrealistic for me to think I will go every morning!

Also - weighed myself in the gym and it came up as 8 stone 11.5. This takes me almost a stone under my first target although not positive it would match up with LLC scales - but still can use this during the week if I worry I've eaten too much too wrong (which I DON'T plan on doing.

Breakfast: Went to "Perkins" where normally I would have two eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast/stack of pancakes! (I KNOW!). Today I had their fruit bowl which was around 80g honeydew melon, 80g cantoulope melon and 60g red grapes. Didn't even finish that - but have now had a mid-morning banana in the room as I was feeling a little "weak".

Lunch: Probably LL bar as I guess I'll be keeping OH company.

Dinner: Going to have a lean fillet steak tonight (always have it at this place) but with no fries and will ask for my veggies to not be cooked in butter. So, not a horrendous meal. Will pick the 7oz steak as opposed to the 9oz option but garuntee you I won't be finishing all of that one!

So thats the plan - will update on what actually goes in my trap. :D

Last edited:
Okay just to update - everything as above happened. Go me. They very kindly steamed my veg for me and I didn't finish my plate. Happy bunny - if not slightly hungry today!

:)

Sounds fantastic (apart from OH illness), great work

Yay Em!! Hope you stayed away from the ice-cream monster! :p Some ice-cream's aren't too bad; such as frozen fat-free yoghurt varieties like they have in Nando's. So if it gets too hot have one ! :D Or a frozen fruit-popsickle thing, those things aren't too bad. :)

RAR, you are doing really well!! :D *hugs*!!

EDIT:

PS. Attached a pic of me coming back from the gym...... because it made me laugh. Was knackered! You lot are going to need to be reminding me of the benefits of being active!Thanks guys.

An ice cream is one of my planned naughties if I'm honest (as well as a fat-free frozen treat) but they are the last two things I have in mind that I would like to have IF I WANT THEM WHEN I'M THERE.

I have become obsessed with it all and I can feel it getting pretty unhealthy. I was at the gym at 7am again this morning, and I'm walking A LOT, normally briskly. I'm doing what I want to do here because I KNOW I can do this - I'm not being cocky. I just know what I'm capable of now.

EDIT: I know I am not immune to going back to how I was, which I think it kind of come off as above. But I am in control. I am not having something and suddenly think "oh my god, what just happened - why did I do that?". I am conscious of everything I am eating and those which are "good" and "bad" - although I no longer like those words! I feel safe enough in my mindset right now that I wouldn't throw this away - maybe I will eventually but I can't live with "if I have this now will this lead me to put everything back on" all the time in my head. YES I need to be aware and YES I am - but I don't have to be completely 100% to the rules. I've been like that and it is causing an unhealthy set of thoughts in my head regarding my weight. I don't want to (as I have been in RTM) constantly thinking of what is next on my menu for the day and waiting for that - my whole day just constantly thoughts of what is going in my trap! I don't want to be obsessed, because I know that will be more likely for me lose all that I've worked for in the long run. I want to be aware and mindful and EDUCATED. But most importantly I want to make my choices and learn along the way.

*sigh*

Attachments

• DSCN0244.jpg
    DSCN0244.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
^^^^ wow ^^^^

comment refers to both the picture, and your thoughts regarding food. Very switched-on and adult about choices, and you're 100% right. YOU have the choice (as we all do) and accepting that and consequences of actions are what RTM is all about.

Way to go.

Amazing pic em!!!
you look great
daisy x

Back