Okay, its about time I started noting what I eat..and what better place than here.

Em, Sounds like you are eating well and in a great place around food. I love some of your food combinations and snack ideas.

xx

Thank TI (you're doing amazingly well btw!)

Its strange, normally I eat dinner and then fancy a "pud" the same amount of time after most days. Last few days I've noticed I've actually felt fuller, or really satisified, for longer!

Today Food:

Breakfast: LL Choc Shake

Lunch: Baked trout (skin removed) with lots of salad.

PM Snack: Med banana

Dinner: Quorn mince (with chopped tomatoes and onion) with brown rice and side salad.

Pud (if feel like it): Warm apple chunks and raspberries with dollop of yoghurt an 1/4 LL bar on top.

Late Evening: 3/4 LL Bar and cup of tea.

Great week Em, you sound very much on top of RTM and food choices. You're also mixing in a great variety of carbs which is something I've struggled with until this last week.

Keep up the good work :)

Been a long day...

Food

Breakfast: LL Shake

Lunch: Ham salad

Dinner: 1 Prawn and veg skewer, and 1 chicken and veg skewer on the BBQ, roasted veg drizzled with balsamic vinegar, cous cous, and corn on the cob.

"Pudding": Raspberries, apple, yog and 1/4 LL Bar

Snacks: Apple, 2 plums, sugar free jelly.

Late evening: LL Bar and tea.

Right. Lost another 3lb this week... on my first trigger week.

So I have decided that I am not logging my food anymore. I am going to "go it alone" for the next couple of weeks before my next meeting (LLC on hols) and am not going to look at my cals. I'm going to eat normally with the limits of weeks 9 and 10 RTM, but I'm not going to obsess, which I have been feeling at times recently.

Like I said - I'm noting on here so if I feel there is a problem there is something I can see..

Monday

Breakfast: LL shake

AM Snack: Plum

Lunch: Ham salad w/ balsamic veg. Apple

PM Snack: s/f jelly.

Dinner: (at pub) gammon hock with half jacket potato and peas

Evening: LL Bar

Tuesday

Breakfast: Bran flakes with skimmed milk and banana

Lunch: Tuna salad w/ balsamic vinegar. Fruit salad pot.

PM Snack: Plum, handful of blueberries

Dinner: Wholewheat linguine, chicken in tomato sauce loaded with veg.

Evening: Warm apple, 0% yog and 1/4 LL Bar

Before Bed: LL Bar

Hey Em :)

I'm glad you're noticing that being a little too restrictive is not the greatest thing... We both have to find that balance: where we control ourselves, but also make allowances. Your body is showing you I guess, that it's ready for a higher calorie intake - and definitely food logging can be very restrictive. I've stopped logging, but I work it out in my head.
You're doing fine Em, be strong. Push your boundaries with it all, and soon it will become much more natural, and less 'worrysome'.

:hug99:

Well... going to plymouth for a weekend with a group of friends on Friday and slightly nervous about it. I know the places we'll eat are weatherspoons, KFC etc and I'm a bit worried about how it will work out - but shall see.

I say we'll eat. I won't be havin KFC!

*sigh* I just want to enjoy myself.. but just made the mistake of checking w/spoons calories estimate and I know nothing on there I would have without feeling ridiculously guilty... and that just breakfast and lunch. No drinks, no dinner.

...Panicing.

calm down!
enjoy the weekend - you lost 3lb this week - you aren't going to put it back on in 2 days!
you coped in america, you will be fine!!!

(im about to start panicing myself as off to glasto til sunday and no idea what i'm going to eat on week 4 RTM while i'm there! - so please give me my advice back!!!)

enjoy your weekend
daisy x

Em! I echo your sentiment of being absolutely terrified. I just realised in 2 weeks time I'm going to Riga for a week with my OH, and I was soooo looking forward to it, but now that you got me thinking: ... I'm actually scared because I won't be able to know what's in my food, what and where and how much!? ... But I guess, this is where I HAVE to let go of the wall and take a swim out into the open sea. We need to eventually let go of the swimming aid, and see if we can do it on our own.
Though even the thought of going to a restaurant is absolutely terrifying even now. When my OH suggests a night out drinking with mates, or a meal out I always try to find some excuse NOT to. ...and I feel bad doing that too. I feel bad going and I feel bad not going. ... ugh.

And in Plymouth: there will still be shops around. Supermarkets, and such, I mean if you're worried, maybe buy a prepackaged lunch with calories counted for you. A few fruits to carry around with you in your handbag. Just to help you along.
At the end of the day: you need to trust yourself. I know I certainly need to give myself the responsibility too. And you know what? If you can do it (which you proved in Florida that you CAN!), I can do it too. Em, we're in this together! *HUGS!!!*

Daisy: Week 4 looks quite bleak in your choices, and especially with you being vegetarian, it becomes quite a bit more limited. HOWEVER! Week 4 means you can officially have cooked vegetables and cooked fruit - which again - opens it all up to you!
Avoid things cooked in tomato sauce (as this would have lots of added sugar/salt), maybe take a few snacks with you (lots of fruit), take a bottle of passata, and some vegetables (head of a cauliflower that you can pick at, plenty of baby gem lettuces (they don't go off I found :cool:)), brussels sprouts). And a few tins of tuna as well if you eat it. It won't go off not being refrigerated, and will provide you with a good meal if you can't cook things on the spot.
Hope this helps. x

I have had a pretty pants couple of days... feeling extremely bad about myself and in complete self-pity mode.

Been comfort eating a bit - but its been plums or watermelon, and not even excessively.

I've decided I am going to have a normal weekend..I am going to go away and enjoy myself but again not eat excesively (no fried/bread/cheese) but I'm not going to obsess.

I am going to go away and hope I come back and am in a better state of mind with myself and my life atm. I haven't been at this low for a while, and while I am happy my eating hasn't been effected, my self-image and general outlook is low.

hi em
how are you feeling?
daisy x

Em - where are you?

Please come out to play :)

Hi everyone. Not doing so great on the personal front at the moment - had a pretty grim few weeks to be honest.

Food wise I'm still going strong. I realised I was slipping into an unhealthy obsession with recording what I was/wasn't having and completely restricting myself, and punishing myself for even the healthiest of "non-slips". I've stopped recording it, as I know whats okay and what's not, and am going on how I feel. I'm more relaxed but still conscious - and I'm feeling okay about how its going.

I've suprised myself that I haven't gone off the wagon with emotional eating - I really would have before, but its not even been on my radar even with the way I'm feeling. So a good thing.

I'm having problems emotionally atm, and feel like I'm your typical dark hole with no way out. There will be, I just need to see it through - but right now it just feels like I can't do this, I can't be like this. Heavy, dead weight, numb half the time,...feeling in despair and everything hurting from how bad I feel at others.

I don't know whats wrong with me, I just know that right now I have to get through it..... just need to find something to help me get through it.

Sorry, this makes no sense. I popped on and saw the posts, and I wanted to reply so you guys know that meant something.

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been about - its been a bit of a strange few weeks.

I had blood tests today and got a phonecall from my doctor saying my blood sugar levels were low (1. something - which is a diabetic would incuce a hypo.) Seems like I've not got to the correct level of intake I need. I thought I as about there but apparently not.

I've been signed off work for a week due to my hips, and the blood test are to rule out something wrong causing a problem. Its looking like I'm needed the op but need to be certain nothing else that is treatable causing a problem.

Had my final LL weigh in Monday - and had lost 5lb. Want to stop losing as I'm now officially underweight.

Going to stop counting calories and start having a normal persons amount. I'll moniter my weight and take it from there. Its been on my mind constantly recently and I'm fed up of food ruling me.

Scared about it all but I'm not going to let myself go completely. I have a LOT of leigh-way with my healthy weight and I need to find my footing.

Hopefully blood tests won't show anything else wrong..

hi em
hope everything is ok - 5lb is a massive loss so late on, hope you get things sorted hun.
it's not easy this weight business is it
daisy x

Em, I hope you do manage to get the balance right.

Losing weight is a new habit we acquire when on LL - and we need to break that one in order to manage our weight long term.

I hope the blood tests were fine apart from the blood sugar levels. Good luck with getting your hips sorted out soon. It's clearly a worry for you. xx

Hi Em

Sorry you're going through a tough time & in pain :(

Hope recovery starts soone

Back