Okay, its about time I started noting what I eat..and what better place than here.

Hi EmVeg, sounds like you're getting on brilliantly!
Just to say i did psychology at college and adored it!! It was so so interesting, i wish i'd carried on with it at uni!
Also, my sister did physics and loved that! very challenging!
take care xx :)

HA! Thanks Jessica - tell me they are both great :D *sigh*..oh well guess its amazing to be in the position to be going!

Breakfast: LL Choc shake

Lunch: Peanut bar

Dinner: Chicken dry fried in worcestershire sauce and swiss boullion with stir-fried onions, peppers and mushroom on "bed" of spinach cherry tomato and cucumber salad.

Scrummmmm!

Psychology

Once that switch goes on you can't switch it off !!!:p

Eve Snack: pot of sugar free Jelly w/ 3 strawberrys and tbsp low fat yoghurt.

Loving my yoghurt.

As with Psych..I've always been fascinated with criminal psychology and used to read university text books in my spare time - so have always loved it. Guess now I find all other areas of it interested - being scientific at heart especially the physiological aspect. Hmm.

Hmm.. I find criminal psychology fascinating too - however as a university course... I actually started doing it. In my first year I was doing Psychology Major and Sociology Minor... After about half a year I just found Psychology to be so incredibly mixed up. Many of the experiments which we were presented (as absolute truth) - I just kept seeing all the things that they didn't measure, all the different variables that they've ignored to get to their answer. So, in essence I always felt with psychology - they're always trying to see what they WANT to see; despite some glaring errors...
So I switched to full Sociology - and there I finally saw why the psychologists do what they do! :p Organisation funded experiments usually want the results to show what they're trying to argue for. Such as the all-time on-going argument: "Video Games are Bad for Children, it makes them Violent!"... yeah the experiments done on that subject are funded by organisations against Video Games, and often they pick out the small percentage of susceptable kids (among a 80-90% unaffected) and big those results up to be the absolute truth. In fact there are no conclusive studies done on the topic... You can't realistically even measure such a thing within a lab.... In fact, I don't believe you can measure MANY of the psychological theories within a lab environment....

Go for Sociology instead. :D I loved the idea of studying Psychology also before I went to Uni. ... but ended up absolutely fascinated by Sociology instead. It truly explains much more about human nature as a whole, than psychology does.

Unsuprisingly Sociology is another on my radar, but out of the two I find the actual biological and biochemical units of psychology far more interesting than the social side. I do find both interesting, but think pysch is more for me. Hey, I might be wrong - but unfortunately I can't do 6 :D

To be honest, I'm aiming to study Chemistry at the uni stage if I get that far so its just pick what ya fancy :D

Food wise

Late AM: Choc Shake

Afternoon: 1/2 Peanut Bar

So far then!

Have been combatting my snacking (and getting the habit of "treating" which I don't want - thats not the mind-set to use and I know it) by having cups of tea instead. I used to be a massive tea drinker, but for some reason on LL I hardly drunk it. I've now started having on SOME of the time when I think I fancy snacking and its really working.

Not only is it doing something in the kitchen - which I know you would think would lead me to temptation - but it makes me feel like I'm doing the snacking thing mentally and not. Then I sit down with my cup of tea, pick up my book/magazine even if its for 15 mins and relax. I know tea isn't a freebie and I'm making sure I limit purely because I know too much eventually makes me want to snack - but right now its working so I'm carrying on.

Hmm...tea!

Last edited:
I never really enjoyed the biological side of Psychology, there was a lot to remember! So maybe go for it if you do like it! :) Have a think about what you want to do in the future as well (as a career). I know I enjoyed Sociology muc more because I'm very much interested in culture development and social side of things.
As for ...chemistry *shudders* I did it at A-Level standard and I still have nightmares. I somewhat liked it but I found it so difficult... at university level I think I'd just die. :(

Good idea with the tea! I've taken to doing that with cups of coffee a long time ago. :) When I feel a bit hungry and a meal 'time' isn't too far off I try to have a relaxing 15-30 mins with a coffee and to occupy myself with something.

Its amazing how well such a small measure can work! Bizarre. I did have one with a 1/4 of my peanut bar this afternoon but not going to try to get into that habit - just so tea doesn't equal some kind of biscuit!! Whoops.

Plan for the rest food day

Dinner - Veggie omlette with mushroom, onion, sweet pepper, and spinach with a salad or watercress, sweet pepper, cherry tomato, cucumber and spring onion with balsamic dressing. Cannee wait!

Eve. Snack - Baked apple with cinammon with stewed rhubard and little bit of low fat yoghurt.

Also still have the 1/4 of the bar left, and I also have an allowance of a couple strawberries or blueberries... but will save that until muchies set in in the late evening as they invarably do, and not have then if I don't need them.

I feeeeel good...bamamamamama.

Ugh... first ever omelette... and I think that may have been my last. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Umm... well this was my first attempt so I don't even know you can class it as one.

2 eggs, mixed with lots of chopped eggs and a little bit of water. Don't mix too much - no frothing like when doing scrambled. Then heat a non stick pan, pour the egg mixture in and occasionally move the cooking eggs from the edges and let uncooked egg to the sides.

I flipped it when I could tell the bottom had cooked so some uncooked on the top could be cooked.

Don't know if thats how you're supposed to do it - but I ended up with 3 little omlettes as it broke up :D

:confused:you put chopped eggs in your omelet???

rofl I was just about to ask exactly the same thing. xD

First of all.. I don't know if adding water is a good idea to an egg... skimmed milk at least adds a little bit of fat that binds it together. Second of all, use a spray oil... Have a non-stick pan with a lid. Cover it and heat it on high. Tip the egg in, put the lid back on and turn the heat right down. Now LEAVE it for 5 minutes. When it's gone all frothy and cooked on the top, it's usually hard enough to be flipped over.

I don't add anything to the egg when I make an omelet, add milk if I am making scrambled.

Then I cook whatever I want in the omelet in the pan first, then add the egg....cook ever lowish heat, stiring, till it begins to set then stop stiring.

Then, put a bit of cheese on it, or not, depending on my mood, and finish it under the grill...no turning involved. I find turning it makes it tough.

Comes out beautifully everytime. :)

(MInverva - perhaps adding all the chopped eggs is what made it taste bad! :giggle: I suspect she meant chopped veg. A chopped egg omelet sound revolting! :D)

Whoops! Yep chopped veg it was!

Okay, will take your advice ladies, although this it will take me a while to get the courage to put another on my plate!

Okay...I was going to avoid here this evening - but have decided that it wouldn't be good for me to. I had an addictive eating moment today, and know in my head I blamed it on feeling pants.

Breakfast (10ish): Choc Shake
Snack(2ish): Jelly with yoghurt.
Dinner: (was supposed to be around 2pm hence no lunch - ended up being 6pm) roast lamb with brocoli and cauliflower. Was nice, but not filling..

Now here comes the confession. When clearing the plates I steal a left-over bit of lamb off the OH plate, a bit of brocoli...and the one I'm most annoyed about with myself - some of the bits of stuffing left in the bottom of the tin.

I know I used to have a problem of having leftovers and the remnants of the roasting tin on a Sunday - but while on abstinence I never found it a problem. Now its happened and I need to address it - so I just went and made myself stand out in the kitchin with the pots and the pans so I can see that I DON'T HAVE TO. I have control, and yes lost it for a moment but I gained it back - which is the most important thing I feel....

I also thought it was important that I still had my planned "pudding" afterwards as it is still in my allowance.. so:

Pudding: baked rhubarb and apple with 1/4 peanut bar and yoghurt.

I feel good for having it - I also had a late evening bowl of fruit pencilled in, and the rest of my bar - but I am taking this off my list of today to compensate for the hiccup. I know it won't really compensate for it, but for me its a good lesson that I need to take something away if I'm going to lose control.

I don't know...

It didn't help that I expected to eat at 2 and didn't for another four hours.....even with the jelly and yoghurt I did get pretty hungry and I think this was one of the contributing factors. Don't let yourself get too hungry as this leads to overeating!

I have been extremely light-headed and dizzy the past few days, and have blacked out on a couple of occasions having to be caught by the OH. I've been kind ill for a couple weeks now, and I know that all it is is that I've had a sofa weekend which has let the exhaustion creep up on me - but still I think I used it as my justification for the mishap after the fact ("I'm obviously not getting enough - so this didn't hurt").

I'm not going to try and justify it - I lost the control for a moment, I gained it back, and ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD AS LONG AS I ADDRESS IT NOW.

Bottom line - address it and its been nothing less than a great lesson.

Breakfast: LL Choc Shake

Lunch: 70g tuna with mixed leaves salad, cucumber, mixed peppers and balsamic vinegar.

"Snack": Sugar-free jelly.

Dinner: 3 Quorn sausages with 60g sweetcorn and 50g carrot batons, with "gravy".

"Snacks": Strawberries, blueberries, jelly and yoghurt

LL peanut bar

Last edited:
Sorry Em, missed your post on Sunday. You did the right thing recognising the brief 'lapse' and your method of self-punishment made me smile, good on you.

At the end of the day now we're on RTM we will get more challenges than abstinance as we are now firmly back 'in the World of Food' and as a result much more susceptible.

As you said at the end, it's been a great lesson, and learning is what we are all here for.

Thanks Sean - its all about give and take. Been looking at my intake the last couple of days and I'm still averaging around the 850 mark most days - not gone over to 900 once yet.

Although, that may change today - I am going to an awards dinner in London, so can't control what goes on the plate(S! Three course!!) I'm not a drinking so I don't need the unneccesary glass of wine - I'll let them pour me one and then have a couple of sips IF I want, but I don't like it so thats not a problem. I've had my LL shake this morning, and for lunch I have decided to have my usual salad but a larger amount minus the protein. I know chances are I'll go over my protein allownance this evening, and a "snack" of large portion of salad is actually satisfying enough for me at lunch nowadays!

As for the meal itself - I will have what I'm allowed and really try to listen myself about when I am done. I'll try to eat around the sauces - but normally they come round with the potato dish and veggies seperately - so just decline the carbs and load the plate with veggies! Horrah! And then the pudding - well I'm not going to be touching that as at these things its generally cheesecake or choc pud, but I hope it has some fruit garnish I can pick at, that would be helpful!

*sigh* A little nervous - but my aim is to dance the night away to get rid of any unwanted extras!

Then I also have my LL bar for at the hotel room if a) I don't like whatever is put in front of me or b) I feel I need it after a nights dancing. :D

Wish me luck - I should go over my actual daily allowance of 1700 cals, surely?

Back