Okay, its about time I started noting what I eat..and what better place than here.

EmVeg

Do a little dance!
So, it week 3 for me, and I'm not really sure if what I'm having is good/bad or too much (I know its probably a little high on the calorie side.. I think I'm around 700 - 900 per day. Well actually today - I haven't been paying attention the rest of the week..and I didn't have snacks until last night so who knows..but now I know it is.

I have "over-eaten" today - and I know it was emotional. I don't need a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack, but because I have the bug thats on the rounds and am loving my fruit I decided to give myself some slack - but I know that I didn't need this.

Breakfast - LL Choc shake.

AM snack - 4 strawberry's and 1 pot sugar free jelly.

Lunch - LL peanut bar.

PM snack - 1 small apple.

Dinner - Salmon with 1 cup mixed salad, 1/2 sweet pepper, 1 tomato, 1 spring onion, portion of cucumber, 1 celery spear - dressing 1/2 tbsp 0% organic yog, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp low fat balsamic vinegerette.

Evening - Bowl of mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and blueberries) with 1 tbsp 0% yoghurt.

So - calories are 860 for today. Not sure if that is too much for week 3.

Activity - 15 minutes of Davina DVD
1/2 hour (1 mile) "walk" with dog.

Happy with that - I'm feeling ill and my hips are playing up big time the last couple of days. Normally I wouldn't have done anything. Pat on the back for me.

Think if I'm honest I'm having a bit much with my salad - but I honestly don't feel I'm doing too bad.

I love my fruit..I really, really do. But again, I didn't NEED two snacks today.

I've made a smootie for me to have at some point at work tomorrow - but apart from that I don't want to have Jelly/apple/other bits and bobs.

Okay, I am very much doubting myself.

So far I put on 1/2 lb in week one and stayed the same week 2 (WI was literally 5 mins after eating so was happy with that.)

Soooo...apart from chill out, any other tips for me?

I am happy with how its going - I really am revelling the challenge, but I just can't help having those little doubt while I'm still finding my feet :D

Thanks Yoda! At least I'm learning I need to :D

I'm proper loving all this though... I feel all healthy :D

good for you Em

Glad you are enjoying it. Its all about the control and finding your way and what suits you.
Carry on as you are.

Okay - I just had my first little "addictive eating" episode.

Come in from the pub (soda water btw) and found myself at the firdge making my snacks for tomorrow (in London all day long and won't really be eating a meal tomorrow) and I end up have a couple bits of fruit and suddenly the leftover ham from my dinner goes in. I did it without thinking and it was so unneccesary. Its not massive - but I know this was how I put on a lot of my weight beforehand, so I wanted to come on here and "confess it".

I realised and fed the last to the animals so it was gone...and I don't feel bad. For some reason I really thought I'd over-eaten today, but I haven't and I'm happy with how its going.

Tomorrow will be a test...Stevenage Borough (my local football team I follow home and away week in) made it to wembley. Normally this would mean lots of drink, lots of indulgent food and probably 3x the normal calories consumed! I know it won't really be a problem because thats not who I am anymore - I don't need them. But I also don't need to over compensate on my snacks for thats.

Being smart. Being aware. Having fun.

PS. I'm very confused at the moment. My life is turning in the direction I want it to as I am probably going to actually attend college and got to university after... but possibly at the the expensive of my relationship - and its confusing making this decision. So I SORT of apologise that the above musings is due to my confused state of mind (hmmmm feeling ***** inside - and addictively eat ham slices....hmmmm)!

Ding ding ding - we have a winner.

Okay - I just had my first little "addictive eating" episode.

Come in from the pub (soda water btw) and found myself at the firdge making my snacks for tomorrow (in London all day long and won't really be eating a meal tomorrow) and I end up have a couple bits of fruit and suddenly the leftover ham from my dinner goes in. I did it without thinking and it was so unneccesary. Its not massive - but I know this was how I put on a lot of my weight beforehand, so I wanted to come on here and "confess it".

I realised and fed the last to the animals so it was gone...and I don't feel bad. For some reason I really thought I'd over-eaten today, but I haven't and I'm happy with how its going.

Tomorrow will be a test...Stevenage Borough (my local football team I follow home and away week in) made it to wembley. Normally this would mean lots of drink, lots of indulgent food and probably 3x the normal calories consumed! I know it won't really be a problem because thats not who I am anymore - I don't need them. But I also don't need to over compensate on my snacks for thats.

Being smart. Being aware. Having fun.

PS. I'm very confused at the moment. My life is turning in the direction I want it to as I am probably going to actually attend college and got to university after... but possibly at the the expensive of my relationship - and its confusing making this decision. So I SORT of apologise that the above musings is due to my confused state of mind (hmmmm feeling ***** inside - and addictively eat ham slices....hmmmm)!

Ding ding ding - we have a winner.

LOL :D

You don't need me to say it but you've done the right thing. Recognized the addictive behavior, stopped it and 'fessed up - well done EM!

Sounds like you're Cool with RTM.

Oh & good luck with the football

Thanks Sean...we won, nice day out. Just wish we were going back next Sunday for the play-off final instead.

:D

And yes....I'm enjoying this. I know I still eat addictively at times but at least I notice it now and am curbing it. Won't change in a week, hell won't change in a month or a year. It will always pop up. Lets just deal with it better.

Breakfast - LL Choc Shake

Lunch - Roast chicken breast w/ mixed salad leaves, sweet pepper, spring onion & cucumber

Afternoon Snack - Bowl of strawberrys with non-fat yoghurt.

Dinner - LL Peanut bar & Sugarfree jelly.

Can honestly say I have addictively eaten (or rather "nibbled" when not at a meal time) every day this week - and not excessively, nor on anything not allowed - but still its something I really need to work on. Just need to really knuckle down with the CBT stuff, which due to only having 1 out of 3 meetins and having no one else in my group has been neglected since starting LL.

I know there are two people starting LL who were massive helps to me during foundation - so I'm hoping it will be a bit more of support.

I know its due to stress/confusion/annoyance with the feeling that my relationship is coming to some kind of natural end, and facing up to that. Its going to take me a while but I know I will get there.

(Oh, one good thing from today...I bought size 10 (SIZE 10) shorts today for the holiday! Now I know if I feel these getting tight I WILL be doing something about it - same with all my slightly loose jeans. I'm not letting this go...I'm not.)

You're doing well EmVeg! And well done on the size 10s!! Feels wonderful doesn't it! :D
I need to give you a word of warning though. You need to tackle the 'nibbling' *NOW*. Or it will get out of hand further down the line. I know this from experience. If you feel the need to nibble, you can see your hand going towards that snack (even though it's 'allowed') ... well. Stop. Actually tell yourself, wait 30 minutes, THEN you can have it together with your meal. This can develop into a more serious binge behaviour further on, and if not controlled now - can develop into a pattern of 'I can get away with it' "biscuit" or soon unhealthy things. ... Lol. I'm so pessimistic? But I've just seen it happen to MYSELF the first time I did RTM, and have seen this on my boyfriend as he was doing RTM.
And actually this 'nibbling' behaviour took me such a long time to correct in myself also. Just get your head around it, and don't let your inner child shout for it. If you are hungry then have your meal. If you're not actually hungry, then why have the unscheduled snack in the first place? Is there a good enough reason to have it? No, stress, confusion, annoyance aren't good enough reasons, because you dealt with those emotions fine when you were in abstinence. What's changed?

(Sorry if that sounded a little harsh. :( I'm just trying to help you address some issues before any of your effort gets undone. I know I need to watch myself on those exact same things too and have to beat myself up all the time! :) )

Last edited:
You are absolutely right minerva

Good advice. It's something I have to keep in check too.
I have a tendency to think I can have fruit any time. I can, but I don't need it.
I started off with apples and oranges, fine. Progressed to dried apricots, cranberries, nuts, put on 5lbs one week.
Knocked it on the head straight away.
I'm much more careful now.

Oooh yeah, the dried fruit and nuts/seeds are very calorific/high in sugar. I do try to keep those in check always...! No more than about two small handfuls per day. :D
You got it bang-on there SB. Keep an eye out, and catch your bad behaviour BEFORE it becomes a habit.

Love your new Avatar pic Minerva

Sorry, forgot to say just now, but you are looking so good.
I hope things are better with your bf now. xx

You're doing great Em! It's fab that you can see these things!

I've just read through and realised I snack quite a bit too, usually on a carrot or cellery, but it's a habit I should break. And I am a bit of a cook (prefer to always make my own than buy) and I have lots of dried fruit in and guess what I've nibbled on over the past week when I open the larder!!! I've not needed it over the past 16 weeks!!! Perhaps if I work on this, my weight could move down in RTM too.

Thanks for this girls.

I am taking the nibbling thing to the cleaners..one day at a time.

I've noticed its when I come in from work or being out, I guess as I walk through the kitchen via the back door, that I tend to nibble. Well I haven't so far today. I'm telling myself when I need it or not. Its weird at the moment,..well out of ketosis and still not on a massive amount of food so do feel some genuine hunger.

But, thanks for the advice. I'm trying to curb it now, and I actually hope I haven't lost this week as I don't want to get into the "got away with it" mindset. Although right now I'm definately not.

Breakfast - LL Choc Shake

Lunch - Peanut Bar

Dinner - 100g Turkey Breast (Dry stir-fry with swiss buillon) with 100g bean sprouts, 100g spinach, 60g red/yellow/orange pepper, 15g carrot, 50g mushrooms, 1/2 onion in light soy sauce.

Snack/Pudding: Blueberries and Strawberries with my lovely yoghurt!

Went to the hospital for my hips again. Haven't had another injection as it wasn't really successful enough to warrent the damage if could do to the tendons.

Have an op now pencilled in for 30th June - but I have until 16th June to make the decision.

Not sure whether I want to do this or not - think I want to intensify my physio and recommended exercise (pilates and cycling) and see where I am in 6 month. I know I haven't got very far with it in the past year, but I need to do everything before considering the op.

Also - as I think I kind of mentioned - I have around 70-80% sure that I am quitting work and going back to college to do my A Levels and then go to uni rather then OU (I think I've matured enough to handle the things I couldn't when I was 16). However, I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks 29th May - 12th June and if I have the op I would then be out of the office from 30th June - mid-August. As the term starts in September I would basically be handing in my notice while on sickness leave and only be in the office 3 weeks out of the next four months!! As good as that sounds - I really think that's taking the p*** at work, and I would feel ridiculously bad! I know its an excuse to not have the op (I reeealllly don't like the idea of one!) but hey.

Any advice? (Love you guys :D )

Last edited:
Not sure whether I want to do this or not - think I want to intensify my physio and recommended exercise (pilates and cycling) and see where I am in 6 month. I know I haven't got very far with it in the past year, but I need to do everything before considering the op.

That's not quite a true statement young lady!!! You have lost tons of weight and rediscovered yourself. Both those things have made you look at your physio and exercise in a different way.

Only you can decide what to do about the op but you do have youth on your side and the recovery should be swift.

That's great about the uni decisions though, good luck!!

FT! You make me smile! I know I've done a lot this year - but I meant directly to the physio side! Grin the pain and bear it.

And yes, I'm feeling good about going back to college. I've saved a bit of money for my hols so I can have a good time, and get all those bits and bobs I still want! Will have enough time to save a little bit as a back-up fund. I'm selling my car that I'm paying monthly for - its a luxury for working which I'm fine giving up. I have enough from it to get myself a older car for around 100, I am applying for some help to meet transport cost...all good. And seen as I'm living with the parents and can get shifts at my brothers pub for extra if I need - I'm happy with my desicion.

Yes, especially now I have a body I'm PROUD of (not just happy!) I know sometimes I'll feel deprived not being able to pop to shops for a little something like I can now - but I know I don't NEED these things!

I can't wait to go back...I feel so good about being able to handle it better now I'm that little older.

Just need to decide on the 4th subject now... going for Chem, Bio and Maths for sure - now deciding between physics, and psychology....my its a hard choice!

Anywho.... enough about that, sure you don't care THAT much :D

Breakfast: LL Choc Shake

Lunch: LL peanut bar

Dinner: Lean pork mince chili with roasted veg (peppers, onion, red onion, courgette) drizzle with tsp balsamic vinegar.

Snack/Pudding: Blueberries and Strawberries with yoghurt. Hmmmm.

YumYum

Dinner and pudding sound lovely.
We do care, but no-one but yourself can decide about the operation.
If it was me I'd be inclined to wait a year, up the pilates or whatever physio they recommend. See how your hip is when your body gets used to being slim.
Would swimming help? The operation would still be available at a later date if you felt you needed it, surely.
Good luck with your decision. xxx

Breakfast: LL Choc Shake

Lunch: LL peanut bar

Mid-PM: Sugar Free Jelly (been feeling very empty and knew I was coming home and baking ginger bread men = had this now instead of being hungry and being tempted then).

Dinner: Dry fried chicken with stir fry-ed spinach, pepper, onion, mushrooms, cherry tomato in light soy sauce.

Snack/Pudding: Strawberries with yoghurt. Hmmmm.

Anywho.... enough about that, sure you don't care THAT much :D

Stoopid bat!! :whoopass:

Good luck with your choice!! I loved physics but then I love engineering too! (Probably why I married two engineers, not at the same time though). Psychology??? I have enough trouble with what goes on in my head without trying to figure out what goes on in other peoples.:D

Look what I found :D:DBBC - Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind - Surveys

Back