Omg been arguing!

shellreed2011

Silver Member
I have been arguing with a woman on the daybreak Facebook site since half passed seven this morning! Apparently the fact we are overweight is our own choice and we should just stop eating what we do never mind any underlying food problems!

Oh what a moron, throw an insult her way from me please!!

How is me having steroids for pain relief and other meds that put weight on 'my choice'?
My normal eating before dieting was a yogurt for brekkie, a cereal bar for lunch and then something for tea. I had 1 unhealthy meal a week as Friday is family pizza day and I treated myself to a choc bar while waiting for my boy to finish TKD. So I hardly consumed loads!!!! I was a size 10 before getting sick
Throw some insults back at her for all of us that are constantly given steroids or live on medication. I've been in the care of the nurse weight clinic and still continued putting on weight. Now my meds are stable I should manage to loose it hence investing in this diet. I'm also a bit more mobile so with the help of crutches I can walk the dog every day

Don't you worry I more than gave what I got!

And frosted whilst I understand what your saying people are overweight for several reasons steroids illness or like me I used it as a crutch after my daughter was born and both of us nearly died. After that I couldn't walk for months let alone exercise. To quote something that was said earlier "would you tell an anorexic to get on with it and just eat more"!

good for you, there are loads of people who are overweight through no fault of their own. Grr. Some people are just so up themselves and too perfect obviously to ever suffer anything that affects their lives in a major way.

It just annoys me that all the time in the world is spent on people who are drug addicts or giving up smoking or alcoholics or anorexia they are all classed as illnesses my mother was anorexic she used to do it as a sense of control I used food as a crutch because I need something to make me feel better after nearly losing my child isn't that the reason drug addicts take drugs? Or an alcoholic drinks?to forget and escape? It's all due to some underlying problem yet they are given help and we are told to get on with it!

It annoys me also that other people with addictions (alcoholics, drug users and anorexics) get their illnesses taken seriously but if someones overweight they are just seen as fat slobs that need to stop eating to solve their problem.....oh, dont even get me started, people are idiots!

It certainly does I've had a horrible day anyway so this just made things 50 times worse!

hi
well done you for standing up to her. I completely agree people who are overweight are discriminated against and offered no support.

off topic misscphillips how cute is your dog - looks very like my dog molly

Kelly

It annoys me also that other people with addictions (alcoholics, drug users and anorexics) get their illnesses taken seriously but if someones overweight they are just seen as fat slobs that need to stop eating to solve their problem.....oh, dont even get me started, people are idiots!

This is what I was thinking too, some people are just so ignorant, especially when they've not been there themselves... People that are overweight, are overweight for a reason, its not like we all just one day decided "you know what I'm gonna be fat"... lol

I agree aron it makes me so mad!

Realised I spelt ur name wrong sorry Aaron!

Back