OMG How Many Syns!!!!

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by julie19, 19 January 2010 Social URL.

1. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    So I decided that I had to have a birthday cake tonight but rather than going & buying an iced cake I have been to Tesco's & bought two Finest Millionaire Muffins (thinking the syns would be less) how WRONG can one person be...I have just synned them up & they come out at 25 syns per cake - holy c**p, does anyone know if a 'normal' birthday cake would be less - although what I am going to do with these two I have no idea but flippin' eck 25 syns that's a little excessive isn't it??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes these muffins are terrible....I was watching one of the diet programs on tv and they had about 5-6 products and the muffin was even more unhealthy than the nice glazed cinnamon roll!

4. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Do you know what I think is most shocking though is that 18 months ago I wouldn't have thought about what it contains I would have bought two & probably eaten bith of them using the 'it's my birthday so I can do what I want' mentality - they should carry a health warning!!!

5. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    LOL snap I would have done similar, except I would have gone for sainsburys strawberry tart with creme patissiere :eek::eek:

6. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I went out and bought a chocolate fudge cake from Costco (thank goodness it was too heavy) and I only ended up having a very thin slice and gave the rest to my guests to take home and some to the neighbours!

7. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yikesssssss, how can you fit in the wine :eek: when there's so many syns in the cake!

In our house we all have birthday tea (usually KFC as they aren't allowed it any other time) & birthday cake.

Would a basic sponge cake with tarted up with candles be less syns.

Or eat the muffins & just allow for it out of your 'weekly' syn allowance.

8. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I synned a Sainsburys chocolate birthday cake to 6 syns I think it was per portion (the one that serves 18)...the slice was a nice decent wedge too.

9. stephie0611

stephie0611 needs to focus!!!!

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thats not too bad, it was my mums surprise party on saturday and we forgot to cut the cake and hand it out, there were 2 cakes as well, and they are both now in the house. I had a slice of one on Sunday and it was yummy, its so tempting. Not sure how many syns are in it though, that one was just a normal iced cake, sponge, with jam in it???

looks like the asda cake is a lot more fatter than the sainsburys one :O

Asda Chocolate Birthday Cake, 18 portion 50g serving[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] 11 Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 11 Syns [​IMG] Green 11 Syns [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

10. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Both the Asda & the Sainsburys sound like you get more for the mouthful - I should have had one of them instead and I am also going out for a curry on Friday - my syns this week are going to be hellish!

11. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Muffins are just cake with a different name!!

12. charliebecca

charliebecca Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had a birthday cake from a cake shop made with fondut icing and butter cream.My god... i think even without the icing it was about 10 syns. but totally worth it. Not having alot of sugar and fat in my diet i could really taste it

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.