OMG I am so angry

Max&GabrielsMum

This week I have been so good, I have been doing 30 day shred and not synning, went for a weigh in last night and only 1.5lb off. I know a loss is a loss but I have worked really hard and am not happy with 1.5 :(

Went to SW with my friends, all of whom lost more than I have even though I have worked hardest. Disheartened? _ YES

I may not even bloody bother, in 3 weeks I have only lost 2lbs

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Looking at your stats , you dont have masses to lose, so maybe you will find you a slow loser.
Honestly, 1.5lb is brilliant.
Keep doing what you are doing and never mind what others are losing. Im a slow loser, I look at other peoples weekly losses with envy, but im still losing :)
Intensive excersize may slow down initial weightloss as well. But you are improving your metabolism by exersizing so you may see some bigger losses in weeks to come.
It does work, trust us!

I lost 1.5lbs this week, and i have to say i was very happy i know its difficult when every one else is losing loads but the main thing is that you are losing and not gaining trust me it will be worth it in the end! X

Ok so don't bother, what will happen next week, you'll gain, but how much probably more than the 2lbs you've worked so hard to lose.

SW isn't a quick fix, it's healthy eating, make sure you are drinking enough, having your hex's, weighing what needs weighing, having your 1/3 superfree (if EE) with each meal, have your syns & make sure you count all syns; do you 'pick' food & don't count it?

SW does work as you know from the 2lb weight loss.;)

Have you measured yourself? If you've been doing the shred, that can have a dramatic effect on inch loss.

1.5 pounds off is great - the recommended weight loss per week is 1-2 pounds, so you're right on track. If you do the same next week, and then so on, you'll be at target by the end of the year! :) Just imagine celebrating new year at your target weight - nice thought, eh?

I may not even bloody bother, in 3 weeks I have only lost 2lbs

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't then!! Continue to be overweight!! You either want to be thin or you don't, if you're even considering not going back because you've 'only lost 2lbs' then your heart obviously wasn't in it to begin with!

You are in control of your own life no-one else so if you don't stick to SW the weight is gonna go back on, just think how you'll feel then!

Lots of people are slow at loosing weight and you CAN'T compare yourself to others thats just insane, none of us are the same! Stick to SW and the results will show in the end even if it takes you that bit longer! :)

When you say you are not synning what do you mean? Are you not using your syns? If so that is not a good idea and by doing that youa are not following the SW plan properly.

I might be able to understand if you were disappointed by what you feel is a small loss, but angry? It strikes me there are lots of things to get angry about in this world but weight loss is not one of them and you do yourself no favours by becoming so emotionally invested in the weekly scale reading. I can't see you following SW in the long-term unless you relax a bit.

How long did it take to put the weight on? It went on a little each week and it usually comes off a lot faster than it went on so surely that is something to celebrate in itself.

Perhaps you are right, I am not angry with the sw, I am angry that the exercise isn't working. Your harsh but fair words have helped me decide

Hmmm, I was like this during the first few weeks, exercising loads, not using any syn allowence and losing small amounts.

However you NEED the syns, especially if you're exercising! Your body continues burning calories for 10 hours after exercise, so eating after exercise will speed up your metabolism. If there are no calories for your body to burn, your body will go into starvation mode and the metabolism will slow down and stop burning effectively!!

Have a curly wurly and a brew as a treat after you've done the shread. I find it quite comforting - get home from the gym, have tea, shower and pj myself up and chill out with a brew and a bit of chocolate!! x

Max&GabrielsMum said:
Perhaps you are right, I am not angry with the sw, I am angry that the exercise isn't working. Your harsh but fair words have helped me decide

Hmmm, tbh i dont think its fair to say the exercise isnt working either. Youre doing 30 day shred which is resistence based, which means that it will help you become leaner and more toned, but it wont necessarily result in a change in the scales.

I have been where you have been so many times and eventually i got into the right frame of mind where i stick to the diet and exercise and i will get there in the end. The body is not a machine that losses x amount a week depending on how much you exercise and eat. Its designed to hang onto fat so will fight as hard as possible to avoid losing any. If you dont have a lot to lose it will be even harder, and i think the rate youre losing is actually pretty sensible.

how long have you been shredding for? don't forget the body will hang on to a bit of water in the muscles, as suggested before measure yourself too esp if exercising, sometimes it'll show in the inch loss and not the scales.

You're doing great, stick with it, don't forget slow but steady wins the race :)

Our bodies work in mysterious. I know it's hard to accept when you've stuck to the plan and exercised your butt off however 1.5lb is a good loss. Just think what you might have lost if you hadn't of exercised! x

I'd just like to point out that not having syns whilst doing 30 mins of exercise every day is just down right idiotic.

You're burning off anywhere betwen 100-400 calories by exercising, cutting out 100-300 calories by not synning and yet you expect your body to shed weight?!

Again, you need a certain amount of calories to lose weight, usually 1200-1600 otherwise you go into starvation mode and you retain water and pretty much every scrap of nutrition your body can get. EAT YOUR SYNS.

Rant over.

xx

Hi there

Don't lose heart...
Last week I did 5 hours of badminton and swam an 80 lengths nonstop and a 90 lengths nonstop and at weigh in I lost 1lb and I was happy with that :D. I know I have lost lots -but still have plenty to go -but even if my losses slowed further I won't be giving up my exercise. I find that when I have done it, it makes me feel that I have achieved something so i don't want to eat cr*p and undo all my hard work. Plus I know Im toning up and losing inches ;)
If you look at is sensibly most of us could lose some weight by adjusting our eating and doing NO exercise -but would we be much healthier??? you could weigh 10st and be wobbly, yet be 11st and be toned -I know which I would rather have ;)
This week I have been swimming twice in the outdoor pool and done an 80 lengths and a 100 lengths in the Rain :p -I tried today but it was closed because of thunder :cry:
Keep at it -you WILL see results

its worth sticking with! I have loads to loose and I am pleased with any loss over 1 lb a week, I do alot of exercise and some weeks have lost nothing despite being on plan 100% I am slowly learning to not let this get me down as in the long run I am loosing and getting fitter. weight loss % wise you are loosing quickly by loosing 1 1/2 lbs a week , I would have to loose nearly 3lbs a week to match you for % but like others have said dont compare yourself, and 1 lb a week is nearly 4 st a year so try to look at this long term. Well done so far !!

Hi Max&GabrielsMum,

It is perfectly normal to feel like this. My first week I lost 3lb then 4lb then 0.5lb. Good right? I cried for hours, wouldn't talk to my bf and argued with my mum because i was NOT HAPPY! I wasn't happy that I'd been losing so much weight the previous weeks, and then in the third week - despite sticking to the diet 100% - i only lost a measly 0.5lbs? I sulked. I was angry at SW. I was angry at my body for not doing what I wanted it to.

But you know what? The next week I lost 2.5lbs. I was having women's troubles for a few weeks prior to that rubbish weightloss and maybe that messed up my pattern? Or maybe my body just wanted to lose that much but made up for it the following week? Who knows?! All I know is - as much as I hate to admit my bf and family were right - that a LOSS is a LOSS after all. Whether it's 7lbs or 0.5lbs! As long as you're losing, you're doing it right.

Also, my sister used to slug it out at the gym most days a week while on SW and her weight loss did NOT reflect that. But it's true, MEASURE yourself! Your hips, bust, bum, stomach, waist, arms, thighs..... Sometimes it'll show on the scales, sometimes on the tape measure - either way you will get there if you just keep doing what you're doing.

Also, like one of the other guys said - you haven't got much to lose. If you were about 40st then perhaps weight loss would be bigger each week. But for your weight, you are losing just the right amount.

Finally, if you're not happy with your result next week, stay and talk to your SW group/leader. I'm sure they've felt exactly the same and might be able to look at your food diary to see if you could change anything, or give you advice :)

Good luck - keep us posted whether it's to vent again, or to celebrate a great week's weight loss :)

So you're just doing the exercise to lose weight? Well you need to burn 3500 cals to lose 1lb weight. That's alot of exercise!
Most weight loss from diet is a mix of fat and muscle, so as you exercise you are in effect replacing the muscle, but losing fat.
You may find that reaching your preferred dress size means you weigh more than you expected to, this is fine who said you had to be x stone and x dress size?
So do the exercise for your heart, lungs, and bones but don't expect it to help you lose weight! Keep measuring yourself you'll see changes there!

Back