OMG I caved and am so gutted

merlin

Me as I want to look xxx
I am so gutted, I could not stop thinking about food tonight and ended up eating. I chose a small tuna salad but I am so dissapointed in myself:sigh:.

It wasn't even worth it, it tasted crap :cry:

Merlin.... why didn't you stop eating it when you knew it tasted crappy ??? week 1 is so difficult, stop feeling gutted and wake up tomorrow with a renewed determination to carry on. You need some mini goals - I didn;t have any till recently and I wasn't focussed - have a think, a sleep and we'll see a new Merlin weaving her magic tomorrow xx

Tuna salad isn't too bad, I have sneaky bites of chicken or tuna at work to stop me dropping babies etc and my keto test sticks still turn dark purple! Naughty I know, but might lose my job if not!

I know. I should have stopped. It's mad, my mood changes from hour to hour. From motivated to food addict.

Please don't think you have been the only one -there are lots of us that mess up (just the once mind) and just not admit it .Learn to understand your food triggers and avoid even if you have to take yourself outside for a breath of fresh and a 'quiet moment' xx

Thanks 2hourglass x

Tuna and salad shouldn't really knock you out of ketosis as thats what you can have on the Atkins diet, which works on the same principle as lt (kind of) If it was in brine it may be abit worse but don't worry too much xxx

dont worry too much hunni, whats done is done as they say. Its probably not that bad anyway. Just put it behind you and think about tomorrow now. You know now how it feels so you wont make this mistake again. Thats all it is a little slip. Be determined and you will be ok. Good luck x

good choice of food - well done!
What would you have eaten before? Pick yourself up - its fine - it happens and start tomorrow with the thought - "I missed food but then realised it was not that great after all!"
Look forwards not back

at least your admitting your slip if you feel the need again log on here and you will find the help you need to get over the longing everyone is so supportive

Refeed also says eat chicken as well as tuna. Now, I know this isn't refeed, so, do you think I could get away with a KFC in week 2???? Pretty please!!!!

Refeed also says eat chicken as well as tuna. Now, I know this isn't refeed, so, do you think I could get away with a KFC in week 2???? Pretty please!!!!

Yeah right, like we're going to let you get away with that :D:D:D:D

Merlin, it could have been worse, you could have had the takeaway, alcohol and loads of chocolate so don't beat yourself up.

It didn't taste good and you feel cr*p so you won't be doing that again!!! Chalk it up to experience, get yourself to bed and remember how you feel now everytime you feel tempted! You learnt a lesson the hard way but use it to your advantage now and get back on board.

You can do this! Believe in yourself coz we know you can do it!

x

OK you have had the nice ones...

...here comes mine....!!!
How silly!!!1 You were doing so well... you sounded really determind yesterday!!
LT is TFR, you didn't do it last time and you said you had to do it this time!!!!! so wtf have you done!!
If you eat it makes it harder!!!
If you eat you could end up on the slippery slope to a binge!! do you want that?!?!? Don't you want to be slim?? I think you do ...
ok problem...food! Tigger? bordem maybe?
You need to stay out of the kitchen, figure out your trigger to eating...then work WITH LT and NOT AGANST IT!!! whilst on TOTAL FOOD REPLACEMENT use this time to form new habits and build coping stratiges sp? on how to deal with your trigger.. if you are hungry( which you wont be after this week) Drink extra water, have half a pack of LT extra, go for a walk, paint something!!!! ....ANYTHING, just resist!
It takes 21 days to form new habits and soon you will be flying!
Ok, you ate, you ate the best thing.... drink lots of water stay away from the food tomorrow you are nearly through week one!! YOU CAN DO IT!! YOU need goals, you need FOCUS, YOU NEED TO SUCCEED THIS TIME!!!
Go have a word with yourself give your head a talking to and jump back on ...its a bumpy ride, but, if it was easy it wouldnt be worth it!!!!
good luck for tomorrow

Nic, you're SO wise. I read that just now, and you speak so much good sense. Bless you for your good heart. :thankyou:

Tuna salad isn't too bad, I have sneaky bites of chicken or tuna at work to stop me dropping babies etc and my keto test sticks still turn dark purple! Naughty I know, but might lose my job if not!

Umm, no one else seems to have picked up on this so thought I should say something.

You're ketostix
shouldn't be showing up dark purple. This means you are dehydrated! Drink more water ASAP hun!!

today is a new day put yesterday behind you and good luck hun x

Just get back on the horse today hon and carry on , was a blip try not to do it again and if you carry on feeling guilty about it you will think more n more about food so just forget it and carry on

were here for you should you need us just shout!

Gen xx

Hi, I have just logged on and thanks for all the advice. I am back on track. I seriously felt ill with headaches afterwards so I won't be trying it again. I seriously appreciate your posts, and the kick up the bum. Got to wallpaper a room today with my hubby and doing a carboot hopefully tomorrow, so will have lots to keep my mind occupied. Love Merlin xxx

Hi Merlin
Last night was the nearest I have been to giving in. It was my 2nd Friday night without booze and a takeaway. I have read Nic's message and everything she has said is just what I need to hear.
Really glad you are back on track
Trish x

Back