OMG I did my first 10k jog last night :)

Madison

Hi folks,
Happy Friday to y'all. Just had to share my great news with you. As the title says, I jogged my first 10k last night. To say I'm ecstatic is an understatement. I guess I really wanted to share this to maybe in some way let others know that if I can do it, anyone can.

I started with a running group on March 1st having done absolutely no exercise recently previous to that. I have joined gyms in the past, lasted a couple of weeks, hating every bit of it. I've done the "I'm going to go out walking every evening" thing also but alas it never lasted more than a few days. This was all a few years back so needless to say when March 1st came round I was dreading the idea of it but my good pal that I joined with spurred me on. It's basically running with the group using the same principle as the Couch 2 5K. Build yourself up very gradually. So, to my surprise and elation, after sticking with this 3 times a week for the last 11 weeks I finally did it last night. Happy days..I never ever in a million years thought I'd a) stick with it, b) be able for it) and c) actually enjoy it. But I do and have. So for anyone out there who thinks to themselves "I couldn't possibly do something like this", if I can, you can.

On the day I started the running, I had done my first week on the Attack phase of my Dukan journey so sticking with my eating plan and the running has not only helped me shift just over a stone but also toned up a great deal. Not only does my bod feel sooo much better but also my mind. I have never been happier in my own skin than I am now and boy, let me tell you I've spent years trying to get thinner and thinner, fad diet after fad diet. I was one of those folk who would basically rather eat very very little and refuse to give into to exercise or binge like crazy, lash on loads of weight, then the food restriction would begin again. My, but I'm so glad to be out of that frame of mind. Fingers crossed I've eventually turned that corner for good and this new me will be forever!!.

Thanks for reading if you are and hope in some way that I've given others a little ray of hope in winning what I used to call "the war on exercise". Long may it continue xx

Totally inspirational, and shows us we can all do it! You must be over the moon - well done u!

Linzois
x

Well done :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done! This is my aim after couch to 5k! Baby steps and aiming for 10k September/October ish! X

Madison fantastic achievement and like the other Dukaneers have said very inspirational *Big pat on you back* x

Back