OMG! I have just been told "not to loose any more weight!"

Cavycrazy

Silver Member
Someone i work with!! :eek: :eek:

That came as a shock. I know I have lost weight obviously but I still need to loose approx 1 stone to be in normal BMI range!

I have still got plenty to loose off bum & tum!! :D

Deb x

people always do that :confused: One min they say yes lose weight then they say dont lose any more............just use it as a conpliment you know when you feel right :D

XXC

That'll always happen, so many people stick their noses in & think they can tell you what you should weigh & when you should stop. Was she a skinny lass by any chance. When I was losing it was the two slimmest girls I worked with who kept telling me I shouldn't lose any more weight, I don't think they liked the idea of a former fattie joining their skinny girls club.

You just carry on what you're doing, you know where you want to be & stop when you're happy.

Ignore them - usually jealousy!!

I had loads of people say I had lost too much weight and I looked ill but that was just because they were not used to me. Now they all say I look better for putting a bit of weight on but I haven't! It funny how people see you.

It is odd isn't it?! Loads of people were telling me to stop even when i had a further 2 stone to go!! I think it's partly jealousy and partly scary for them to see such a dramatic transformation in such a short time!

Totally agree with everyone else. My mum said I looked "scrawny" in the face and I'd only lost 3st .... and went on to lose another stone could easily have lost another one after that!

As long as you are in the healthy range for BMI and your CDC or whatever you are on is happy and YOU want to lose more then go for it!

I had to stop and think when both my CDC AND my husband told me I had lost enough weight, and any more would make me look "too thin" - even though to be at the top end of a healthy BMI it would mean losing another stone.
I have been "GI healthy eating" since then, (and lost another 8lbs slowly) I think there are times when you have to listen to people who really care about you. Others can say what they like, it's usually either jealousy or being uncomfortable with change.
Listen to your body, it will tell you when it's time to stop.
Ann x

I had to stop and think when both my CDC AND my husband told me I had lost enough weight, and any more would make me look "too thin" - even though to be at the top end of a healthy BMI it would mean losing another stone.
I have been "GI healthy eating" since then, (and lost another 8lbs slowly) I think there are times when you have to listen to people who really care about you. Others can say what they like, it's usually either jealousy or being uncomfortable with change.
Listen to your body, it will tell you when it's time to stop.
Ann x

So true Ann, also if people have never seen you slim then it does take a bit of getting used to as well, I have a girl who works for me who has been ace throughout it all, but then said she was worried about me, now that was concern on her part, she has been with me day in and day out whilst I shed just short of 5 stone and had never ever seen me slim! She has since said that I look ace but it took some getting used to! My body has told me to stop SS now, Im slightly over a normal BMI and will work up the stages slowly to get there, but I am happy with my figure now, I need brain to play catch up! I know its right for me to stop SS.

And yes, take it as a compliment! The only 2 people I will listen to about getting too thin is my mum and DD, and they both say I am just right, and my body says it too x

Yes its a strange thing that people do ! We talked about it at LL and there are some people who only see you as "the fat one" in an office, a social group etc and then they don't know how to relate to you so it kind of translates to telling you not to lose any more weight.

However, you are in charge and when you are happy, you will know and stop !

I have been told by several people that I shouldn't lose any more...and I'm still clinically obese with a minimum of 3 stones to go to get into the healthy range!

Follow your own heart and vision - Joe x

It's so confusing isn't it. I was told by a few people not to lose any more weight when I got down to 16 stone:confused:

Even my doctor told me not to lose any more when my BMI was about 28:confused::confused:

I ended up ignoring them all and doing my own thing as per usual :)

Back