OMG just booked Florida in 7 weeks - need your help!!

dizzy40

Morning Gang

Very excited, booked Florida last night and go 14th June.

I HAVE to get 2 stone off for this - its just not negotiable!!!!

Not sure whether to do CS or low carb - what do you think gives the quickest results? Could not face SS again as did it last year for 3 weeks and didnt enjoy it.

Have lost weight before doing Atkins and enjoyed it (except for breakfasts).

Do you think it would work if I did a atkins type diet but with CS for breakfast? (Cant face lot of eggs and bacon).

Excerice wise - I HAVE to pump it up!
Got a wii fit, an unused running machine in garage and the Rosemary Cononally and davina workout (full of dust)

Cos your all well into it now what do you suggest my best course of action is?

Can anyone help me draw up a programme?

Really need to do this guys, thanks a lot, Dizzy x

yipeeee

florida :)

you planning to do what i am doing already (on the days im not so ill!!!) except my shakes have a fewer less carbs than cs ones.

you need to check your in ketosis then stick to the low carb theories of atkins.

i would advise no alcohol whatsoever and avoid fruit juices as they contain citric acid which can knock you out of ketosis.

id also use this list...stick to it religiously its what im doing

i know it'll be boring and routine but with exercise as well you should be able to get the weight off!

Acceptable Foods List

is that the net carb or just actual carb?

to get the net carb you take the total fibre away from total carb!

i cant see it been a problem though...just try and eat as little carb filled food for the rest of the day...

i dont know why but sausages don't count as almost 0 carbs but basically all other meat is ok :)

Do you count as per 100 g or per 2 sausage, as listed?

For 2 sausages:
Protien 22.4g
Carb 4.3g
Of which sugars 0.9g
Fibre 1.1g

Therefore thinking 2 sausages are 3.2g?!!!!

How many carbs you allowed a day - is it 20g?

God the mathematics of it all! x

if you have managed to get the figures on 2 sausages then just take the fibre away from the carbs so its

3.3g of net carbs!

best way to do it...although long winded

divide the 100g by 100 obviously to get 1%

then times it by the weight your having.

its a bit long winded but you shouldnt have to do it for most products as its easy to work out just by looking at the back of the pack.

ideally you are supposed to have 20 net grams of carbs per day but one cs shake is more than that.

as long as you find a low carb balance and are in ketosis i don't think it matters about net carbs so much.

but the lower the better in my opinion.

Thanks kels, cant beleive that 1 cs shake is so high in carbs!!!

My memories of doing atkins about 5 years ago, are all coming back and I really enjoyed it then so going to follow that.

Just been looking on the atkins site and its much better these days - got lots of ideas.

Going to go have an ham omelette and then off to work 2-10 grrr. But think I may only use CS in an emergency.

Thanks for your help - hope you feeling better soon, x

dizzy if you like the idea of the shakes so much i am using the strawberry ones off avidlite.

those ones work out at 10g of net carbs per shake, and tbh they taste better as you can tell they dont contain lots of sugar. which is okay normally with the cs shakes but on the atkins the carb content is too high.

a lot of sausage are high in carb because of the fillers they use rusk i think its called, some one on the atkins thread told me that lidl ones are low carb the more meat in them the less carb, i have omlette or a peparami and baby bell for breakfast or just a couple of eggs,
have you been to florida before?

Hi Sharon will try the lidl ones.

Yes went to Florida year before last and loved it.

Yesterdays booking was all very sudden -my niece is going to work in Disney for 4 months and she gets free passes. I was looking at flights yesterday, just cos I was bored!, and cos they are so cheap (less than 300 each!), we thought sod it, lets go!! Got nice accomodation, so am made up and cant wait!

Have you been before? Am trying to get a plan together so we dont miss anything - anything you can suggest? We want to do days out to the beach also.

Just had a gorgggg omelette and sausages ( about 3 carbs for 2). Yum yum. Am enjoying this already! xx

yes ive been a few times i like bush gardens dont think its spelt like that lol and the shops are a big plus for me im a bit of a shop acolic , im having for dinner what you had lol

just noticed your going away the same day as my sisters birthday, im going to kent on the 13th so be good to lose 2 stone as well before i go [sister stick thin]

if you have managed to get the figures on 2 sausages then just take the fibre away from the carbs so its

3.3g of net carbs!

best way to do it...although long winded

divide the 100g by 100 obviously to get 1%

then times it by the weight your having.

its a bit long winded but you shouldnt have to do it for most products as its easy to work out just by looking at the back of the pack.

ideally you are supposed to have 20 net grams of carbs per day but one cs shake is more than that.

as long as you find a low carb balance and are in ketosis i don't think it matters about net carbs so much.

but the lower the better in my opinion.

Hiya
Just to put you right about the net carb and taking away the fibre....that is only if you are in America. In the UK the fibre has already been taken into account.....so what you see is what you get...

http://www.minimins.com/low-carb-diets/74169-differences-between-uk-us-food-labels-fibre.html

ooopps:eek:

i still eat below 20 anyhow:p

dizzy if you like the idea of the shakes so much i am using the strawberry ones off avidlite.

those ones work out at 10g of net carbs per shake, and tbh they taste better as you can tell they dont contain lots of sugar. which is okay normally with the cs shakes but on the atkins the carb content is too high.

So it's you:busted:.......that has bagged all the strawberry shakes........they are currently out of stock:argh:...LOL

noooo it wasnt me lol! i ordered them over a month ago

your gonna be mean and get them all before me next time!!!

are the mousses still in stock? they make tasty shakes:p

Back