1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

OMG - Now can I relax please?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by united_trekkie, 14 September 2008 Social URL.

1. united_trekkie

united_trekkie GO TEAM FFF

Slimming World as from 28/05/2008
    This could be a long post .... get yourself a cuppa !!!

Hi everyone, sorry not been on until now.....I was due to travel to Florida next Sunday with Travel City Direct....... who were owned by XL:cry:

For some unknown reason on Thursday night I had trouble sleeping and was awake at 5:30am, I switched the tv on to Sky news and was greeted with the news that I no longer had a holiday booked due to the demise of the company:eek:

I bought a timeshare last year and this was my first visit - if I didn't go I would lose the annual maintainace I have already paid!:(

Thankfully I managed to get myself, mum and friend rebooked for the same dates with Virgin.....credit card is in the corner shaking!!!:D

I was meeting up in Florida with some friends who were also travelling with XL the day before me....they managed to rebook the same date s too, or so we thought - yesterday lunchtime one of them received a phonecall to say although they had a booking reference, the booking was not confirmed and was no longer available:eek:.

So we have beeb working none stop on phones and internet to find them alternative flights......and now we have !!! They have to fly via New York, but will get there as planned on the original dates:D

Sorry to drone on about this, but I think the adrenaline I've been running on is about to shut down..... and so am I :)

Thanks for reading !!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kat0709

kat0709 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    what a nightmare i cant imagine what id do if that happened!!! did you get your money back from XL? i hope so
  4. united_trekkie

united_trekkie GO TEAM FFF

Slimming World as from 28/05/2008
    Not yet, I have to put a claim into ATOL which will take about 3 months:eek:
  5. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    OMG - drama! at least you're still able to go, dont let it spoil your holiday though hun xxx
  6. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

sounds like a bloody nightmare! my mum and dad went to crete in june with XL...they're glad they went when they did!

at least you're still going - hope you have a great time. :)
  7. Nanny Jax

Nanny Jax getting back on track

Slimming world
    Tracey really sorry to hear that, a woman who lives near me was in tears the other day, on the local radio, she did'nt want to tell her children they were no longer going away, it was really sad, hopefully you will get your money back, in time, but as the post above says don't let it spoil your holiday :)
  8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Good news for you but not for your pocket. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Irene xx
  9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.