OMG - Now can I relax please?

united_trekkie

GO TEAM FFF
This could be a long post .... get yourself a cuppa !!!

Hi everyone, sorry not been on until now.....I was due to travel to Florida next Sunday with Travel City Direct....... who were owned by XL:cry:

For some unknown reason on Thursday night I had trouble sleeping and was awake at 5:30am, I switched the tv on to Sky news and was greeted with the news that I no longer had a holiday booked due to the demise of the company:eek:

I bought a timeshare last year and this was my first visit - if I didn't go I would lose the annual maintainace I have already paid!:(

Thankfully I managed to get myself, mum and friend rebooked for the same dates with Virgin.....credit card is in the corner shaking!!!:D

I was meeting up in Florida with some friends who were also travelling with XL the day before me....they managed to rebook the same date s too, or so we thought - yesterday lunchtime one of them received a phonecall to say although they had a booking reference, the booking was not confirmed and was no longer available:eek:.

So we have beeb working none stop on phones and internet to find them alternative flights......and now we have !!! They have to fly via New York, but will get there as planned on the original dates:D

Sorry to drone on about this, but I think the adrenaline I've been running on is about to shut down..... and so am I :)

Thanks for reading !!

what a nightmare i cant imagine what id do if that happened!!! did you get your money back from XL? i hope so

OMG - drama! at least you're still able to go, dont let it spoil your holiday though hun xxx

Tracey really sorry to hear that, a woman who lives near me was in tears the other day, on the local radio, she did'nt want to tell her children they were no longer going away, it was really sad, hopefully you will get your money back, in time, but as the post above says don't let it spoil your holiday :)

Back