OMG Ryan Air Fat Tax to fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
wowser!!!!!

I think people are getting distracted from the actual topic here - ryan air charging fat tax!!!!

Come on guys - theres no need to make things personal :)

Yep totally agree, we are all in the same boat on this form trying to lose weight, may it long continue

haha, surely you mean constructive cristicism?!

nope love, maybe its best for you to check the dictonary!!

And I have to say, miss unknown, calling me ignorant just proves what I was saying.
There are a lot of people here voicing their opinions but very few are getting personal like you are.
How dare you call me ignorant? Or anyone else. You really need to learn some manners.
This forum is meant to be a place to come and gain support, and support others - not an area to fling insults around which is what you are doing repeatedly.
I felt I had to comment about how nasty and personal you were being towards Supa, but I didn't fling insults at you. Neither did she.
It is possible to have an adult debate without resorting to this kind of vitriol, you might want to try it.

I don't need to check the dictonary.
If you DID mean to write "distructive criticism" then you need to spell it thus, destructive. And it means criticism designed to be harmful - destructive.
So were you really saying you had intended to be harmful?
I don't need to check a dictionary as you smugly suggest because I am a journalist and know the difference between the two concepts, thanks.
You might want to look up the word apostrophe though.

And I have to say, miss unknown, calling me ignorant just proves what I was saying.
There are a lot of people here voicing their opinions but very few are getting personal like you are.
How dare you call me ignorant? Or anyone else. You really need to learn some manners.
This forum is meant to be a place to come and gain support, and support others - not an area to fling insults around which is what you are doing repeatedly.
I felt I had to comment about how nasty and personal you were being towards Supa, but I didn't fling insults at you. Neither did she.
It is possible to have an adult debate without resorting to this kind of vitriol, you might want to try it.

Well let me tell you, if you look back and see that you actually called me ignorant. Anyways enough of your childish behaviour. It is possible to have an adult debate with adults but first you need to grow up a bit. I have also looked back at the threads and do you think you all were right to have a go at kittenh when she was having an opinion.

I will repeat what summergurl (hope ya dont mind me chick) has said and that we are all in the same boat tryingn to lose weight!! Its a free country to voice your opinions and you are noone else is going to stop me especially when I feel so strongly about the comment being made. Enuff said.....I hope our paths never cross in the future

I don't need to check the dictonary.
If you DID mean to write "distructive criticism" then you need to spell it thus, destructive. And it means criticism designed to be harmful - destructive.
So were you really saying you had intended to be harmful?
I don't need to check a dictionary as you smugly suggest because I am a journalist and know the difference between the two concepts, thanks.
You might want to look up the word apostrophe though.

A JOURNALIST??? Now that says it all, hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, it explains alot

Come on guys!!! Seriously how old are you two?

Besides the point - yes we are all here for one reason; to lose weight! Now lets get on with it :)

Hello everyone! If it makes you happy Miss unknown, I am a narrowminded person and Kitteh I am a disgusting person whos parents are scum.....can we put an end to all this now please ?????

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some FUNNY posts in this thread :p we're all on here because we're overweight... I think it's perfectly acceptable that RyanAir are considering charging people who cause discomfort to their customers on their planes, I mean, rather than argue over this like kids, why not see this as motivation as to why we should lose weight in the first place, not because we look horrible, not because it's unhealthy, but because it's becoming a problem in our modern lives :p

Hello everyone! If it makes you happy Miss unknown, I am a narrowminded person and Kitteh I am a disgusting person whos parents are scum.....can we put an end to all this now please ?????

What sarcasm!!:copon:
I dropped it a long time ago thanks very much.

Well, at least I wouldn't like to push anybody down the stairs to get a laugh............

My God miss unknown, for someone so outraged about another's "narrowmindedness" you certainly know how to stick the boot in and get personal don't you?
I can't believe the stick Supaslimma is getting for making a perfectly rational comment. Yes there are kids (and adults) with disorders and ilnesses but lets face it, most people who are fat are fat because they eat too much and don't exercise enough. That's why I'm not a size 10 anyway.
Everone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm all for a bit of healthy debate but miss unknown I really think the last post is personal and frankly, quite nasty.
On the one hand you are telling Supaslimma to "look at the bigger picture" and consider the other reasons people get fat, and then in the next breath you are insinuating that she didn't follow the healthy diet that she fed her kids and that is why she is "no slimjim".
I mean, if you are going to get on your soap box and chatise someone for being narrowminded you really ought to make sure you are beyond reproach yourself.
As for "Whether you said it to their faces or not you still thought about it in your head," what are you...the thought police?

Hear Hear! My thoughts exactly.

whether you said it to their faces or not you still thought about it in your head. Also its a free country to have your views love but until your fit to speak about it sort out your own problem first and dont judge others. As i said before your narrowmindness seems to think that its because of children "stuffing" their faces that has got some of them overweight. For god's sake woman look at the bigger picture!

I seriously wish you all the success on your journey of weight loss and i sincerely hope that your attitude changes towards other "fat" people. You cant tell me that if a "group of boys" called you fat and ya thought they were right and shrugged them off, well then if this is the case you should have no problem sticking to a diet and i am a bit surprised that ya havent got on the wagon before this and come a slimmer healthier version of you especially with the amount of confidence that you have. For some degree i am sure some of those nasty words hurt when you heard them, i seriously dont think you are made of tin and can ignore them just the way you said!!

Also you said that your own children grew up to be slim healthy adults, surely if you were feeding them healthy food, should you not have followed suit? I certainly believe that children should have a treat. My mate didnt allow any rubbish in the house and her kids never walked into a mcdonalds once because she wanted to give them a more healthier lifestyle, her daughter has grown up and is now 21. Having left home at the age of 18 to go to uni, she has put on alot of weight because she eats sweets, chocolate and anything else sweet in sight and that is because her parents deprived of them when she was younger. There is such a thing as eating in moderation and given a child one bar a month is not going to make them fat!!!!

i think people are going off track! Were not talking about 18 or 21 year olds were talking about innocent children here who depend on parents and adults to guide them and offer them the best possible start. When they leave home and are of age and may put on weight thats when its from there own doing. But when i see children sitting in mc ds and they are already overweight i fell its not fare on them as some children get bullied through no fault of their own so who do you feel id to blame then?

For gods sake people get a grip!! Blame whoever you want, as I said before everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

its all love and bubbles here LOL
......suppose at least it stops me thinking bout my tummy or a while
x

bli-mee!!!! I don't really care about ryanair.......i don't have a passport! LOL xx chill peeps xx

HHmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

This subject was opened on the on another part of the forum, I think it was the news section.

I've read the posts on this forum and I have a few points that I'd like to share with you ... I hope you take the time to read what I'm saying:

1. This is a 'free' country and we all have choice. If you don't like something then vote with your feet and go elsewhere - Ryanair are not the only budget airline. I've flown many times with many companies and have never had the (mis)fortune to encounter Ryanair....

2. Fat discrimination is the one remaining accepted forms of discrimination - that is why a) Ryanair were able to even include it in the vote and b) people chose it. Whatever! Who cares! As one poster quite perceptively said; use this to change your life and make yourself healthier. However, I am sad that people are forced into this because of discimination rather than because they want to be healthy and change their lives for themselves .... Surely that isn't a healthy mind-set to have; behaving neurotically about weight - doesn't this breed illnesses like bulimia and anorexia?

3. I understand that when one is passionate about something that has helped transformed their liveds for the good - you want to share that with others and evangelise ... however this has to be done constructively. A lot of the posts on here have the same 'flavour' as those of an ex-smoker. Folks all I am saying is REMEMBER where you are coming from and REMEMBER what you were and how you felt you were being viewed by slim people - before you lost your 2, 3, 4.... stones in weight.

Keep fighting the good fight folks, but for goodness sake don't fight amongst yourselves ..... remember that this is Minimins - a weight loss forum that offers advice, help and support!

Last edited:
Well said hun! I really dont know what all the fuss is about travelling with ryanair. I have never flown with them before and I aint going to start now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back