OMG Ryan Air Fat Tax to fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep fighting the good fight folks, but for goodness sake don't fight amongst yourselves ..... remember that this is Minimins - a weight loss forum that offers advice, help and support!

Well said :)

For gods sake people get a grip!! Blame whoever you want, as I said before everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

:8855:That's fresh coming from you. You haven't let ANYONE have their own opinion. According to you people can not think it let alone express it.
This was a general discussion in which you have turned it out to be completely personal. As you say we are allowed our own opinion and I think you are a pathetic, rude and vulgar woman with no manners. All you have done is put people down and insult their professions. Your just a bully and have upset many people. I am sure you will reply to this with something nasty as you are literally a dog with a bone but I really couldn't give a toot.

Sorry to everyone else who has been offended by this and hopefully we can get back to the main reason we are on here for :).

What a rude pathetic little child!! Is it an offense to give an opinion these days? Again think what you like about me, its easy to say something like this written down love. Thats what a coward is!! I am not going to retaliate to what you have said as that wouldnt make me out to be any better than you and I personally have more morals!!

What a rude pathetic little child!! Is it an offense to give an opinion these days? Again think what you like about me, its easy to say something like this written down love. Thats what a coward is!! I am not going to retaliate to what you have said as that wouldnt make me out to be any better than you and I personally have more morals!!

Think you just retaliated LOVE!

This thread has now completly disgusted me!

A simple thread has been posted for people to voice their opinions on something that I'm sure we can all relate too (being on LT) has escalated into this! I have only once seen people on this forum being nasty towards someone/each other and that stopped after things were said to stop it!

Numerous people have tried to do that above and it still continues

I have gotten to know most people that are posting above (some more than others) but all are nice friendly people with similar goals, this thread is now causing hatred beyween forum members and is putting me off logging on in future (never mind anyone new browsing the site)

Please can we return the peace, stop posting in this thread and let it end up on page 29 or something never to rise it's ugly head again?

Can a moderator not close this thread?

Chels well said babes :)

i think we need to stop with the personal insults.

Seems what I said fell on deaf ears ...... at the front page it states
"MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum "

whilst you are posting on here - you are acting as an ambassarod for Minimins .... really if I were new to Lipotrim/Cambridge/Lighter Life et al and saw this, I'd have to wonder what type of place this was.

Regardless of your opnions and leanings on this matter, som of the posts have really let the otherwise good posters down.

Come on now .... bury the hatchet and move on. Are you really going to allow prejudice and money grabbing divide and conquer us on Minimins ...?

Agree to disagree, but lets not degrade ourselves and the site.

Luv & peace to you all. :)

:8855:That's fresh coming from you. You haven't let ANYONE have their own opinion. According to you people can not think it let alone express it.
This was a general discussion in which you have turned it out to be completely personal. As you say we are allowed our own opinion and I think you are a pathetic, rude and vulgar woman with no manners. All you have done is put people down and insult their professions. Your just a bully and have upset many people. I am sure you will reply to this with something nasty as you are literally a dog with a bone but I really couldn't give a toot.

Sorry to everyone else who has been offended by this and hopefully we can get back to the main reason we are on here for :).

Think you just retaliated LOVE!

P.S - there was no need to restart the argument. 12 hours had passed!

Hopefully this'll be the end of it. :cool:

Completely agree Chelly :)

Although i agree and dont agree with some comments made, im to scared to voice my opinion now :(

x

You should never be afraid to say what you feel!! Some of us are adults here and can disagree with it and move on! That is what is called free speech!!

I am pretty sure the freedom of speech right states that you have the freedom of speech but not if it would offend others.

I am pretty sure the freedom of speech right states that you have the freedom of speech but not if it would offend others.

That works both ways chick! I wonder how they do in the politics world

But this forum isnt politics world - its about support - something this thread has not taken on.

At the risk of re-starting this ‘debate’ can I just say that I think the initial comment about wanting to shout ‘Lipotrim’ at obese people has been taken completely out of context.

I know that when I followed the lighter life programme in 2005 I wanted to run up to very overweight people in the street or on trains or in fact anywhere and everywhere I saw them… and evangelise about Lighter Life… I was just so happy that it was working for me. Like all of us, I knew that I had to wait for people to ask about it…but I tried everything I could do bring up the subject… I don’t think that makes me a bad person, just someone who wants others to feel as good as I do…

You will find now if you look at random posts of mine, that I evangelise about running for the very same reason… it makes me feel happy and helps to keep my weight down…

I am about to get an allotment… you just wait til I start talking about vegetables :eek:)

Just remember that all of us in this forum have been overweight… we just deal with our shrinking selves in different ways…:)

But this forum isnt politics world - its about support - something this thread has not taken on.

Exactly its about support and losing weight nobody is disagreeing with that and never has. I will say it again I was giving my opinion regarding the comment that was made about shouting to fat people and their children, from experience we have been there. My neice was shouted at from the opposite side of the road by a woman over 50 years of age and her exact words were to her mother "you should be ashamed of yourself having your daughter like that, is there no diet clubs that she could go to" her mum was a size 10 so she defintely wasnt overweight. I certainly dont want to speak ill about my neice considering she has now passed away and is in heaven. Even the school brought the social workers in as a 7 year old child she weighed too much for her age. They all assumed it was the parents fault until she went for tests in the hospital after months of blood tests and other type of tests to find out what was wrong, it was found that she had a underactive thyroid and a weak heart as she was put on tablets for the rest of her life she lost all the weight and was a very slim little girl until she was sadly taken away from us. Her mother used to receive letters through the door saying she was killing her child because of the way she looked. They had to move because the situation got to an extent. So what suppaslimma said regarding that she would love to go over and scream at the parents to look at the way their children, obviously I was quite angry at such a thing to say after experiencing it ourselves. I am within my rights to comment but unfortunately yes this thread has taken a turn for the worse. After 24 hrs of reading back over the thread I did realize that I had taken her comment out of context but for the people who know me on this forum they know that I had every reason to get angry. I hope this clarifies the situation now.

This part of the LT forum used to be fun, it hasnt defintely been this last couple of days.

Suppaslimma - As stated to summergurl when I read over your post again, I missed out the one that you replied to kitteh. I apologize for being rude or offended you in any way.

Now I am going to get a moderator to close this down.

Lets all lose weight, be happy, and not have to worry about paying extra because we're too large to fit into aeroplane seats :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back