Snacks OMG salt and vinegar crisps or chips abd bacon flavours

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
I have died and gone to heaven- I know it is food abuse , but I can now make salt and vinegar crisps or chips as well as a variety if different bacon flavours!!
These are both my favourite flavours. :)

I have bacon crisps currently cooking in the microwave!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

littlesummer said:
Hi how do make them as crisps are my downfall

Kerry

Hiya

I have bought a contraption off eBay ( just search for microwave crisp maker) it is from Hong Kong but worth every penny once it arrives. It comes with a mandolin.

So choose a small potato. Peel and slice on mandolin. Then lay out potatoes on kitchen towel and cover with kitchen towel. Blot dry- the drier the better and certain potatoes also work better than others.

Sprinkle on the flavouring - I was using just bog standard salt or garlic salt . But have since found all different flavours including maltsalt otherwise known as salt and vinegar ( all flavours are vegetarian and can be used for anything!!) www.crazy4flavour.co.uk

Place flavoured potato into contraption making sure the potato does not touch any potato and then in microwave for about 3.5 minutes or longer dependent on your microwave . Photos show crisps looking dark due to flavouring cooked on iykwim- crunchy and yummy

Remove and enjoy - I know it is food abuse, but I only tend to have 1 tiny potato and that's enough- that is unless the kids eat it all!!

Much better as no oil and no real additives.

Just trying apple crisps for my daughter

Kx

Attachments

• image-676124328.jpg
    image-676124328.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 616
  • image-31256775.jpg
    image-31256775.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 606
  • image-2493108481.jpg
    image-2493108481.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 628
  • image-3354466831.jpg
    image-3354466831.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 682
  • image-650896914.jpg
    image-650896914.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 729
ooh good plan! :eek:i had the same idea, except i thought of putting thin slices of potatoes sprayed in frylight an covered with spices, into the oven like your making the sw chips, but as theyre skinnier they come out crispier:D
then i dont have to buy a contraption that sounds frightening:eek:
xoxo

Food abuse sometimes is neccessary - least you are not having 2.5kg bag of potatoes like this.....thanks for the pics - it is clear how they turn out now!!! :) xxxx

Tinnedtomato said:
What are the syn values of the flavouring?? Im really intrigued, and might have to get the other half to find me one of these lol x

Hiya,
As far as o know they are free just like other flavours that eg Schwartz make like American BBQ

Kx

juicygooseface said:
ooh good plan! :eek:i had the same idea, except i thought of putting thin slices of potatoes sprayed in frylight an covered with spices, into the oven like your making the sw chips, but as theyre skinnier they come out crispier:D
then i dont have to buy a contraption that sounds frightening:eek:
xoxo

You can do the same on a plate but in the microwave - just make sure the plate is well coated in frylight to prevent stickage - lol

Kx

30FlirtyGirl said:
have you tried all flavours .. are they nice.. I quite fancy getting some of the flavouring myself.

Hiya

Mt favourite is undoubtedly maltsalt which is also delish on SW chips. I have yet to try the bacon cheese one . So far all Nom Nom but need to adjust amounts for fuller flavour!!!
I have tasted some on my finger too!! Naughty me!

Kx

30FlirtyGirl said:
Ordered some yesterday, thanks for the tip :)

You are welcome!!

Kx

You can do the same on a plate but in the microwave - just make sure the plate is well coated in frylight to prevent stickage - lol

Kx

ooh cool! how long do u put them in the microwave for? and dont they go soggy? :eek: xoxo

juicygooseface said:
ooh cool! how long do u put them in the microwave for? and dont they go soggy? :eek: xoxo

Hiya
Spray the plate with frylight coating well.
Slice potato thinly and pat dry with kitchen towel. Place on plate but don't overlap. Sprinkle with salt or other seasoning.

My microwave crisps them up in about 6 mins but it does depend on thinness of potato and your microwave. They shoal brown slightly and crisp up when ready :)

Hiya
Spray the plate with frylight coating well.
Slice potato thinly and pat dry with kitchen towel. Place on plate but don't overlap. Sprinkle with salt or other seasoning.

My microwave crisps them up in about 6 mins but it does depend on thinness of potato and your microwave. They shoal brown slightly and crisp up when ready :)

thankyu very much uv been v.helpful!:) i will test tonite and let u know how it goes!:D
xoxo

Back