On CD with a physical job

Ti@ra-M@ker

Hi,
Hubby and I have been on cd790 for the last few weeks and managing ok. He works shifts and yesterday only had one pack in the day time to save his supplies for his night shift. While he was working he took a turn, dizzy and a cold sweat. He had to go and sit down with a glass of water and his boss expressed concerns that he wasn't eating enough for a physically demanding job. Do you think when he's got a busy day ( He works 12hr shifts so has lots of days off) but when he's at work do you think it might be an idea for him to have an extra pack or an extra 790 meal?

He says he's ok...But I'd appreciate some advice. He's also on tablets for high blood pressure although his BP has been ok for some time now since being on the tablets and losing weight has helped.

Tx

I am not a CDC but I think that when you have a physically demanding job, it is advised on the website to start at the 1000 or 1200 cal plan. Men lose weight much more quickly than women (unfair :() so he should still lose very quickly, especially if he is very active.

I am sure a CDC will come soon and advise you much better than me. My gut feeling is that if you are very active (like your husband) it is better to have more calories. But I may be wrong ! (it wouldn't be the 1st time:rolleyes:

Thanks. I will talk it through with him. He's done really well and lost more than 2 stone now. He does have a lot of time off and on those days there's nothing coming over him. We tend to have more generous portions than 790 anyway but I doubt that it's as high as the 1000 plan as we keep the protein portion low and fill the plate with veg. It might be an idea for him to have 2 meals on his busy days at work. That would probably take him to 1000 cals on those days.

Back