Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

On my way...and scared witless LOL

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by DebsC, 8 May 2009 Social URL.

1. DebsC

DebsC Member

Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    well a week or so ago I was asking if you all thought i would be a good candidate for orlistat, and today I finally plucked up the courage to go to my GP (together with my ww folder demonstrating a half stone loss in 3 weeks) - and he agreed!!

I am so happy - but also more than a bit scared. Is anyone else following weightwatchers as well as taking the pills?

I've made a chicken curry for dinner for 5 of us. I used one tablespoon of olive oil, and a low fat curry sauce (70cal, 3.0fat/1.5 satfat per 100g) - does that sound ok? Could it withstand a spoon of half fat creme fraiche or plain yoghurt?

help please
    D x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(33.89%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Well done Deb :)
    The curry looks fine, although next time I would either dry fry the chicken, or use one of the Fry Light spray oils. Whilst olive oil is obviously a healthy oil, Xenical will not make that difference and you could get a side effect.
    xx

4. DebsC

DebsC Member

Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    eeeek! I have fry light, but have absolutely no idea why I didnt use it! oh well, time will tell (she typed, hoping the tbsp of olive oil would get divided by 5 LOL). Can I get away with the creme fraiche or yoghurt, or should I give it a miss do you think?

thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

D x

5. sona1980

sona1980 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3.3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.2lb(4.74%)
    Diet:
    All of them!
    Hi Debs!

Im also following WW and xenical, although i havent had much sucess!

I would really be interested to know what sort of food ur eating and how many points u can have on WW?

Good luck on your journey!!

6. DebsC

DebsC Member

Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Hi Sona,
    I am currently allowed 26 Points per day (I have a LOT to lose, hence me getting xenical), and all I do is point everything that I eat, and watch my portions.
    I did try doing it on my own (online) for a while, but find I benefit far more from attending a meeting.
    I dont eat 'proper' bread anymore, and only very occasionally have a couple of slices of the ww danish malted type. I find using soft tortilla/wraps, a pitta or a bagel instead, help me avoid the bloating I get with bread.

Do you go to a meeting, or are you just following it alone? Do you make sure you drink your 2 ltrs of water a day?

D x

7. sona1980

sona1980 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3.3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.2lb(4.74%)
    Diet:
    All of them!
    Hi debs!

I am on 22 points a day and am going at it alone! i have doe this before using online tools and have had success once and the second time round nothing at all!! I try to write out my days food and point it then try to stick to it! If i eat somic diffrent i chage my diary!

I have been advised to cut back on bread by a few ppl so going to give that a go aswell! What do u put in ur tortilla wraps if u dont mind me asking?

I drink 1.5 liters at work from my bottle and then some at home with meals and brekki and also have tea so will probs be hitting the 2 l mark on a working day! on my days off i dnt think i drink enough water... Have been very constipated (sorry for mingingness) lately though even though i am drinking water!

im thinking of going to a class to check it out tomorow if i can get out! have a little baby boy and my MIL keeps him while im at work..s he shes a bit iffy about having him while im at home! i start work at 1pm tomorow so if i can im gona nip out for an hour and check the class out!

8. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Good Luck Deb xX

9. xnatx

xnatx Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Good luck i use one of the low fat korma sauces and add it to chicken that has been fryed in fry light i had it with boiled rice and never had any problems i just gave my self a smaller portion and i think my tummy has adjusted to the smaller portions as it fills me! xx

10. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(33.89%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Weight Watchers Korma sauce is less than 3% fat and is lovely :) I add green beans and broccoli to my chicken when I'm making a korma. MMMMmmm now I'm hungry lol
    xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.