On my way...and scared witless LOL

DebsC

well a week or so ago I was asking if you all thought i would be a good candidate for orlistat, and today I finally plucked up the courage to go to my GP (together with my ww folder demonstrating a half stone loss in 3 weeks) - and he agreed!!

I am so happy - but also more than a bit scared. Is anyone else following weightwatchers as well as taking the pills?

I've made a chicken curry for dinner for 5 of us. I used one tablespoon of olive oil, and a low fat curry sauce (70cal, 3.0fat/1.5 satfat per 100g) - does that sound ok? Could it withstand a spoon of half fat creme fraiche or plain yoghurt?

help please
D x

Well done Deb :)
The curry looks fine, although next time I would either dry fry the chicken, or use one of the Fry Light spray oils. Whilst olive oil is obviously a healthy oil, Xenical will not make that difference and you could get a side effect.
xx

eeeek! I have fry light, but have absolutely no idea why I didnt use it! oh well, time will tell (she typed, hoping the tbsp of olive oil would get divided by 5 LOL). Can I get away with the creme fraiche or yoghurt, or should I give it a miss do you think?

thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

D x

Hi Debs!

Im also following WW and xenical, although i havent had much sucess!

I would really be interested to know what sort of food ur eating and how many points u can have on WW?

Good luck on your journey!!

Hi Sona,
I am currently allowed 26 Points per day (I have a LOT to lose, hence me getting xenical), and all I do is point everything that I eat, and watch my portions.
I did try doing it on my own (online) for a while, but find I benefit far more from attending a meeting.
I dont eat 'proper' bread anymore, and only very occasionally have a couple of slices of the ww danish malted type. I find using soft tortilla/wraps, a pitta or a bagel instead, help me avoid the bloating I get with bread.

Do you go to a meeting, or are you just following it alone? Do you make sure you drink your 2 ltrs of water a day?

D x

Hi debs!

I am on 22 points a day and am going at it alone! i have doe this before using online tools and have had success once and the second time round nothing at all!! I try to write out my days food and point it then try to stick to it! If i eat somic diffrent i chage my diary!

I have been advised to cut back on bread by a few ppl so going to give that a go aswell! What do u put in ur tortilla wraps if u dont mind me asking?

I drink 1.5 liters at work from my bottle and then some at home with meals and brekki and also have tea so will probs be hitting the 2 l mark on a working day! on my days off i dnt think i drink enough water... Have been very constipated (sorry for mingingness) lately though even though i am drinking water!

im thinking of going to a class to check it out tomorow if i can get out! have a little baby boy and my MIL keeps him while im at work..s he shes a bit iffy about having him while im at home! i start work at 1pm tomorow so if i can im gona nip out for an hour and check the class out!

Good Luck Deb xX

Good luck i use one of the low fat korma sauces and add it to chicken that has been fryed in fry light i had it with boiled rice and never had any problems i just gave my self a smaller portion and i think my tummy has adjusted to the smaller portions as it fills me! xx

Weight Watchers Korma sauce is less than 3% fat and is lovely :) I add green beans and broccoli to my chicken when I'm making a korma. MMMMmmm now I'm hungry lol
xxx

Back