On the Dukan journey

Did the 3 flights of stairs at work five times today. Have given up the lift for lent :) Also got a good walk in last night and during my lunch break today but am now wrecked! A hot bath and early night me thinks. I've a 5 am start tomorrow but at least it's Friday!!

Well so far I'm sticking to my lenten resolution of a walk everyday and the lift ban at work which works out about 15 floors of stair climbing a day when I'm in the static unit. Certainly feeling it in my gluteal muscles!! Despite bad PMT which has me in foul humour I've avoided any food slip ups. Feeling really bloated though so I'll be glad when the hormone havoc eases up.........

oh no .... whats up ??

Hi Ellie just all my school run arrangements going belly up at the same time..... Had to drop kids to school early this morning 12 miles in the opposite direction to what I needed to be heading to get to work (for very complex reasons). I'll be soooo glad when OH is allowed to drive again! To top it all had a row with OH before I left over bin liners of all things....he has way to much time to stress over minutiae at the moment. I'll be wrapping him in the damn things to dispose of him if he isn't careful :) Weigh in tomorrow, hopefully that will be a positive boost.... Have had a lot of people noticing the weight loss which is nice. My hair and nails are best they been in as long as I can remember, I'm sure it must be the protein. Anyhow, need to focus on the good things and let the hassles flow over me........ (sometimes easier said than done!)

Week 10 and another 3 lbs off. Getting tantalisingly close to the tens...... I've dropped two sizes in the last ten weeks, lost over six inches off my waist and several inches off other parts :) getting loads of comments now and people asking me how I'm doing it. The lady who owns the salon where I sell my jewellery is all set to try Dukan herself, as is a colleague at work once she finishes breast feeding. Feeling great, loads of energy and enjoying clothes again which is lovely but hazardous on the credit card!! Have just booked a holiday for us all to Gozo.....it's so nice to have something to look forward too and I should be at goal by then and on conso.....fingers crossed.....

Absolutely brutal day at work today, booked for five and only three of us in the morning and two in the afternoon.....had to do 40 instead of twenty clients. Every bit of me hurts and I'm so tired I could cry. Didn't get my walk done but I walked miles up and down the corridor so not stressing about that..... Thank goodness it's Friday......I need a hot bath and sleep......

-1lb this week. Need to ease up on the tolerated foods. Think I was a bit generous with myself this week.... Still a loss though so could be worse.

Another pound off but I'm struggling at the moment.... Seem to have lost focus, I am not drinking anything like enough and frequently forget its a PV day (I know that will shock many Dukaners :) ) I really need to get more organised with the shopping so that I have the salad etc in the fridge and so that I vary what I'm eating a bit more. Also think I need to get a good vitamin and mineral supplement too..... Have a few health niggles that probably aren't diet related but won't do any harm to try a supplement.

Completely agree! My forgetting pv has lead to 6 pp in a row, basically an attack without meaning it really! Good luck!

I've been buried in my basement for the past week trying to de-clutter the last few decades of our lives, a very dusty and mammoth task. If only I could be genetically modified to be a neat freak minimalist..... Had been getting a bit frustrated with the diet after a few weeks of one pound losses and then a STS but an unexpected bonus of my clearance endeavours was a 4.5lb loss so I'm now well and truly in the 10's. I'm also covered in bruises and aching in places I didn't know existed but the loss makes it all worth while as does the emerging space in the basement. I wore a dress for the first time in years to my mums 70th on Monday and received loads of compliments. I'm over two stone lighter than I was for my dads 70th last November when I felt like a blimp and dressed accordingly. My husband is now out of the back brace and allowed to drive again which is a huge relief. Having a job stopping him from over doing it but overall he's doing really well. Now back to the basement.....

Feeling irritated that a recheck of my true weight is now saying I should be aiming for a weight 5 lbs lighter than the lightest I have been in my adult life and 11 lbs lighter than the original true weight they gave me when I started..... Talk about moved the goal posts just as they seem in sight :confused:...... Wishing I hadn't rechecked now.

Yogi I recalculated and it said the same to me and brought my tw date closer, because it puts the attack stage back in again. Stick with the original then when you get to TW you can decide if you want to go lower, that's what I'm going to do x hope your out of that basement now lol x

Thanks sididd. I'm sticking with the first TW. At that I'm a size 10/12 and I'm happy with that. I don't want to look gaunt or set a target that I can't maintain long term. I took a break from the basement this weekend but will have to return soon as still a way to go yet!

Thanks guys for the support, finding this site a great inspiration especially when I'm tired and tempted to have something I shouldn't. Last day of attack tomorrow :) Can't wait for PV on Wednesday!

Hi Yogi

I know what you mean - my first day of veggies (after 10 days ATTACK) will be on Thursday. Man, bring on the cucumber!!! :D

Enjoy!
P xx

Hi Yogi

I know what you mean - my first day of veggies (after 10 days ATTACK) will be on Thursday. Man, bring on the cucumber!!! :D

Enjoy!
P xx

10 days ?? is that what the dukan website told you to do ?:eek: i only had to do 5 im the same height and had more to lose :confused:

Back