On your marks, set, swing...!

Kettleworx Wk 3 Core today. Managed the planks for about 17 seconds each time (b4 flopping!) - not quite the 30 second feat aimed for. Also abandoned the kettlebell for the scissoring thing exercise, but found the half get-ups a bit easier and the reputable hip pump & crunch a bit more doable. Overall: yay! :D

Kettleworx Wk 3 Core today. Managed the planks for about 17 seconds each time (b4 flopping!) - not quite the 30 second feat aimed for. Also abandoned the kettlebell for the scissoring thing exercise, but found the half get-ups a bit easier and the reputable hip pump & crunch a bit more doable. Overall: yay! :D

What weight are you using? Sorry if you've already said.

It's strange how we each find different exercises difficult. I cannot do the mountain climbers for love nor money but can happily stay in the plank position for the full time. I also find the scissor ing exercise tough but for different reasons. I can maintain the kettlebell but my hips click every time I try to do this and it's horribly off putting. I have visions of bone grinding away although I'm sure that's not the case.

Am still on the Kettlercise until OH brings Ryan back to UK tomorrow. Can't wait! I have to admit that I find Kettlercise hard work from a cardio perspective and I certainly ache in my glutes. Kettleworx makes a difference to my shape but without the accompanying suffering. It would be interesting to know which is doing me more good. Perhaps I should alternate?

Have been doing 30 day shred in between kettlebells to build cardio strength. I have very poor staying power - I find when I do jumping jacks that I lack the puff to keep going. This is starting to slowly build up now.

How does kettlebells affect your fitness?

I'm baaaaaaack!

Hello fellow Kettle-belles!!

Good going, y'all!!!

More later :)

Hey, I wondered where this post had gone - I posted on Emma's thread! Anyway this is what's been happening:

Hello my fellow Kettle-belles (& beaus)!

It been 6 months -aaaargh...
Sorry, I've been out of action for so long. Got busy, got lazy, got anaemic, etc then GOT FAT :(

Tummy, arms and thighs all flabby (TMI :O )

Anyway I hope I have learnt my lesson and I'm back to the world of ketllebells.

I am putting myself on a 12 week programme. Will do Kettkeworx x 2 rounds of 6 weeks each and aim to cycle on my off days. This should be the easy part.

I also have to face up to my carb-and-processed-food-laden diet: ditch it and switch it.

Here goes....

PS: will check stats and compare in 12 weeks.

My goal is to go from Size 16 to comfy 14 again and from overweight to healthy BMI range.

Have a great day all :D

Week 2 resistance today. Been using my 5kg bell for weeks 1&2 this time but I will go to my 7.5kg bell from next week.
Sweating buckets in the lovely summer weather during workouts and telling myself it is a sign of working hard! :O

Week 2 core done to make up for missing it in Monday. Started off gently 2 weeks ago (after not working out for 6 months!) using 5kg bell. Will go to 7.5kg next for week 3 onwards -eek! :)

Week 3 started with 7.5kg bell. Not too bad although I couldn't complete some of the exercises e.g. Hip pump & crunch, front plank hold.
Onwards!

Hi Trimlee

We appear to have been on the same journey ! I have put on about ten pounds in the past 6 months (not disastrous but disappointing after coming so far) Have decided I need to take action and like you get back to a comfortable size 14 and improve my fitness levels.

Want to work on it together?

I am in Vienna for ten days on holiday with access to kettlebells and own kitchen. Don't have Ryan with me but do have Kettlercise. Plan to go back to 4 kg for a week then back up to 8 if I can.

It is so hot here 36C that I am going to have time this carefully. Any advice?

Well done you for starting again. I hope I can keep up!

Loads of water, early morning or late evening other wise way too hot!! Enjoy your holiday :)

Hi Trimlee

We appear to have been on the same journey ! I have put on about ten pounds in the past 6 months (not disastrous but disappointing after coming so far) Have decided I need to take action and like you get back to a comfortable size 14 and improve my fitness levels.

Want to work on it together?

I am in Vienna for ten days on holiday with access to kettlebells and own kitchen. Don't have Ryan with me but do have Kettlercise. Plan to go back to 4 kg for a week then back up to 8 if I can.

It is so hot here 36C that I am going to have time this carefully. Any advice?

Well done you for starting again. I hope I can keep up!

Oh Daisy, yes, let's work on it together! I restarted and stopped again and I am disgusted with myself. It feels horrible with this extra layer of flab all over. Just like you I was a comfy 14 but now I'm tight 16 :(
I had a wake up call yesterday when I went clothes shopping.... Isn't it amazing how the shop mirrors show and tell it all. I did not recognise the body of the woman in the mirror. ;(
I literally said out loud "what have I done to my body?"
I got home and took my 14s out of my wardrobe and into storage.
I could go on but pity party will do me no good.
The past 6 months it has been a nasty combo of no exercise (a few false starts) and eating all the junk my belly wanted. All my fault.
Still, we can get back on track.

Sorry Daisy, there's me rambling... How's your holiday, girl? I hope you're enjoying every minute in Vienna - 36 degrees -woooo! Great that you can access your Kettlebells there too.

Right (she says, rolling her mental sleeves up) - lets do this!

Count me in!! Are you following any particular KB programmes?

Completed week One kettleworx today and am feeling so virtuous. I could hardly walk day three but have persevered.

The fitbit has come out of storage and I plan to walk 10000 steps a day again, every day! No excuses.

Count me in!! Are you following any particular KB programmes?

I follow kettleworx because it has worked in the past. If I am honest though, Kettlercise is harder and therefore would probably give me better results. I moved from a 4kg bell to 7.5kg and thought I would have to go back down. Surprisingly this isn't the case. Must have retained some strength inspite of the blubber!

Oh Daisy, yes, let's work on it together! I restarted and stopped again and I am disgusted with myself. It feels horrible with this extra layer of flab all over. Just like you I was a comfy 14 but now I'm tight 16 :(
I had a wake up call yesterday when I went clothes shopping.... Isn't it amazing how the shop mirrors show and tell it all. I did not recognise the body of the woman in the mirror. ;(
I literally said out loud "what have I done to my body?"
I got home and took my 14s out of my wardrobe and into storage.
I could go on but pity party will do me no good.
The past 6 months it has been a nasty combo of no exercise (a few false starts) and eating all the junk my belly wanted. All my fault.
Still, we can get back on track.

Sorry Daisy, there's me rambling... How's your holiday, girl? I hope you're enjoying every minute in Vienna - 36 degrees -woooo! Great that you can access your Kettlebells there too.

Know exactly how you feel. I have been feeling sluggish and bloated, consoling myself with yet more stodgy food. Not good.

Have done resistance kettleworx today with 7.5kg bell. I just used the 4kg for punches as I can barely lift 7.5 with one arm! Find I am more disciplined if I schedule for first thing in the morning. Too easy to make excuses later in the day.

Can I share something that worked for me? I always had a size smaller item of clothing that I aspired to get into. This was hung on the door of my wardrobe as a constant reminder of what I wanted to be. Will be putting my favourite skirt on the door this evening. Also, ditch any elastic waist bands. they are too easy to wear. A bit of waistband discomfort is a great reminder that you cannot binge.

What are your plans for the rest of the week?

Where are you Trimlee?

I have now completed week 1 kettleworx. Had forgotten how hard the cardio was!

I plan to do 30 day shred on days in between but couldn't find the DVD. Ended up doing fast burn instead - 60 seconds per exercise was a killer. Reminds me why I find Kettlercise so hard

How are you all doing?

Hopefully off to kettlercise class tonight, once kids in bed! It's going to hurt badly!! Have not been for 2 mths or more ...

Been out of swing action for a while as getting some back issue checked out medically. I hope to be back when it is all clear by God's grace. In the meantime I am doing Zumba and Spin classes. Keep up the good work people! :D

Me too! Out of action as I have a growth obstructing my gullet and pressing on my windpipe. Any exertion leaves me gasping for breath. I have lapsed big style and part of that is lack of exercise. How I miss the kettlebells! I am determined to get back to using them after my op in May. Hopefully that can start in June??

Watch this space as I reacquaint myself with the luscious Californian....

Back