On your marks, set, swing...!

Hi Daisybell, we've both been AWOL...! How's your health now? Much better I hope. I'm doing ok healthwise; just waiting for the all clear, by God's grace. I aim to be back on the programme soon; I miss the bells!

Hi Daisybell, we've both been AWOL...! How's your health now? Much better I hope. I'm doing ok healthwise; just waiting for the all clear, by God's grace. I aim to be back on the programme soon; I miss the bells!

I am three weeks post op and feeling really good. Started back on KBells last week - slowly at first with 5kg weight. Managed all three sets of week one core on Friday so chuffed with myself. Tomorrow I will do week one resistance which will finish the first week. Just have to be careful with a couple of exercises that put strain on your neck. Gunslingers and the hold cause me grief at the moment but I am sure I will build strength again quickly. Amazed at how much I am enjoying it.

Great to see you back.

Hey great news Daisybell! Thank God your op went well. Keep up the modified workouts :)

Properly back in the swing now and have the aching limbs to prove it!

Good on you! I hope to restart in the next few weeks ?. Yay for kettkebells!

Hi Trimlee. Hopefully starting again will give you the same positive energy that I am experiencing. Can't put it all down to kettlebells but whatever it is, long may it continue! Ryan is such a darling, I so look forward to my sessions with him. Even caught myself dreaming of the 7.5kg bell yesterday. The 5kg feels awfully light but I know it makes sense to do the full programme at that level first. I glow like a beacon at the end of the session so it's doing some good. Hurry back.......

Hi Trimlee. Hopefully starting again will give you the same positive energy that I am experiencing. Can't put it all down to kettlebells but whatever it is, long may it continue! Ryan is such a darling, I so look forward to my sessions with him. Even caught myself dreaming of the 7.5kg bell yesterday. The 5kg feels awfully light but I know it makes sense to do the full programme at that level first. I glow like a beacon at the end of the session so it's doing some good. Hurry back.......

Oooh Daisybell, you're in the zone; I can't wait to get back in. Thanks for inspiring me! Keep the stories coming! :D

Part three of week two yesterday. Out of the three, core is my least favourite. I think it's the three repetitions. I seem to get just as tired doing a third as half the exercises. Was sooo tempted to give part three a miss. Can't believe the argument going on in my head "you've not been well, take it easy" " I'll do the full session week 3" "I'm building up to a full session" luckily I ignored the negatives and carried on. As usual felt brill and proud of myself for carrying on. Never have these issues with cardio and resistance. Anyone else like me?

Not sure what to do the days in between KB. Know I mustn't think of them as days off! I used to do 30 day shred but have lost the DVD. Anyone do yoga? Thinking it might help me loosen up as I get stiff joints first thing in the morning sometimes.

Trimlee - looking forward to having someone to compare notes with. We all find different exercises easy / hard to do. When are you planning to swing again?

Hey Daisy, well done on your progress. The feeling is really good when you keep on and complete a session!
I am seeing the Dr in 3 weeks time about my back and I hope to get the all clear to start again after that.
Daisy I'm looking forward to starting again. And yes, have your notes ready to compare!

Hey Daisy, well done on your progress. The feeling is really good when you keep on and complete a session! I am seeing the Dr in 3 weeks time about my back and I hope to get the all clear to start again after that. Daisy I'm looking forward to starting again. And yes, have your notes ready to compare!

Fingers crossed that all goes well at the Drs. It will be great to have a swinging partner again.

I am on week 3 now so the timing should be perfect. I'm itching to get up to 7.5kg already. Somehow the 5kg isn't hitting the spot. Don't get me wrong, I find the sessions hard work but it's more about stamina. I no longer get the in between pulses in my glutes and rarely have DOMS to contend with. How impatient I am! It's only 7 weeks since I had surgery!!

Lol Daisy, you have well & truly got the Kettkeworx bug now!

I'm back! Praise God my back is ok now - had appointment with Neurologist last Friday. Did Kettlwworx Core Wk 1 this morning. It was a gentle start using my little 5kg bell. I struggled through the planks and the hip pump & crunches :eek: I aim to go through the whole Core, Cardio & Resistance programme over the next 6 weeks.

Attachments

• image-2933391248.jpg
    image-2933391248.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 47
I'm back! Praise God my back is ok now - had appointment with Neurologist last Friday. Did Kettlwworx Core Wk 1 this morning. It was a gentle start using my little 5kg bell. I struggled through the planks and the hip pump & crunches :eek: I aim to go through the whole Core, Cardio & Resistance programme over the next 6 weeks.
Great to have you back. I am on week 6 with my 4.5kg bell. I certainly recommend a slow start back. I still feel the odd twinge in my neck from time to time. Your body should tell you when enough is enough. Good luck. My killer is still the gunslinger and punches. Anything where I am actually holding the bell in front of me with one hand. My bingo wings are firming though so it must be doing me some good.

Last edited:
Daisy -Bingo wings firming?! Woo hoo I am more determined than ever to stick with it now! #getridofbingowings :eek:

Kettkeworx Wk 1 Cardio. Could not go beyond 15 mins this morning. Bit tired and achey with DOMS from yesterday's circuit class. :|

PS: now I remember why Wk 1Cardio is a toughie!

Kettkeworx Wk 1 Cardio. Could not go beyond 15 mins this morning. Bit tired and achey with DOMS from yesterday's circuit class. :| PS: now I remember why Wk 1Cardio is a toughie!

I've always thought week 1 was the hardest even when I have done 6 then started again. I think 15 mins is very respectable. Well done

I've always thought week 1 was the hardest even when I have done 6 then started again. I think 15 mins is very respectable. Well done

"Respectable" -lol, Daisy that makes me feel better! Did week 1 Resistance this morning -lots of puffing and sweating; yay it's working me out for sure :D

How are you getting on? You've most likely completed Week 6 now?
Have a lovely weekend :)

I'm back!
Injured my ankle badly on 2nd August - thought it was a fracture but thankfully X-rays showed it wasn't. Been off exercise since, but my ankle has healed and now I'm back!
Never before have I appreciated this much the ability to put my full weight on my ankle...
#thankfulforankles

I'm back! Injured my ankle badly on 2nd August - thought it was a fracture but thankfully X-rays showed it wasn't. Been off exercise since, but my ankle has healed and now I'm back! Never before have I appreciated this much the ability to put my full weight on my ankle... #thankfulforankles

Sorry to hear you've been out of action. I have too because I was away. Have come hen and not picked up the bell yet. Don't know why but I am dreading it. Nice I get going I'll be fine. Perhaps I am pushing myself too hard with the promise of 7.5kg instead of 4.5kg. I suppose I could use both until I build up my strength.

Thanks Daisy....yeah, maybe switch between both for couple of weeks. I usually do that when trying to go up in Kettlebell weight. I've got 5kg, 7.5kg and 10kg. I'm only on my 5 for now!

Back