Once It's Gone.. It's Gone! Forever! - Anella's Diary :)

Just a quick update - I stuck to what I said yesterday & had the Tuna pasta for lunch & the Tesco stew (which I still can't believe is free) for dinner. The only add ons I had were two freeze pops (0.5 syns each) - just to keep my hands busy while watching the evening TV & a bag of Cherry infused raisins (Nakd) - 3.5 syns. So yesterdays syns came to around 5/6.

This morning I thought the scales would be a little unkind, as, even though all the food I had yesterday was fine - sometimes you feel like you've eaten lots of 'stodge' haha (pasta, potatoes etc)! However, this mornings scales show... 11st 5 & 3/4! They were 11st 6 & 1/4 yesterday - so that is GREAT, considering I sat on my @ss all day yesterday haha, literally. We had a lazy TV day even though the sun was shining. We had too much of the sun on Saturday!

I'm off work today & tomorrow & so far this morning, I have had 1 x 0% free yogurt & 1 x cup of Nescafe Dolce Gusto (light) cappuccino - which I found out today is just 2.5 syns, so I'll be able to have one of those in the morning when needed. I was missing using my Dolce Gusto machine & I'm glad they are quite low on syns! I'm planning on doing the 30DS as soon as my coffee & yogurt go down. I don't want to be doing jumping jacks with a belly full of liquid!! I also own a Polar heart monitor which is linked to an app on my iPhone which shows how many calories you are burning along with other stats. I have done the 30DS before (when I finished SW last time) it helped me stay at 11st 4lbs (ish) & I was eating pretty much what I wanted - NOT SW - so hopefully, eating healthily this time, I should see some more results!

The great thing about the 30DS is also the fact that you lose a LOT of inches, especially on those days where you might be sticking around the same weight.. you notice it dropping off your hips/arms etc. If anyone is interested in the 30 Day Shred - the link is HERE & you can watch the whole thing on Youtube for free. You do 10 days level 1, 10 days level 2 & the last 10 days on level 3. Believe it or not, I actually found level 2 & 3 more enjoyable than level 1. Less jumping!

My only advice is that if you DO plan on doing it, lose as much weight as you can through healthy eating first, then when you hit a weight you feel comfortable to be jumping around or hit 'the wall' that's when this becomes tolerable & enjoyable. The last thing you need is to be really struggling with this & not enjoy it - resulting in giving up on the 4th day. This happened to me when I was at my heaviest last time/year (12st 13lbs). The bouncing wasn't fun, I could only manage so much & would spend most of the workout standing there drinking water/panting/screaming! lol - The workout is ONLY 20mins(ish) long (that includes warm up/cool down and minus the talking at the start) - so it REALLY IS do-able at ANY time of the day where you have a spare half hour.

This was only meant to be a short post, haha.. well for the rest of today.. I'm not too sure what I'll be having.. possibly some Tuna Pasta again for lunch (sweetcorn, wholewheat pasta, tuna, extra light mayo) & maybe some quorn sausages x 2 with some new potatoes for dinner.. we'll see :) I know one thing, I'll be drinking that water during & after that workout haha!

Just a quick picture of yesterdays breakfast & my lovely coffee this morning (I DID sprinkle a tiny amount of cadburys drinking chocolate on top) - not going to count it as a syn as it was literally less than a pinch! That's the sweetener I use, which I buy from Amazon for around £5) it's expensive but worth it as it's 100% natural (& safe) - if you've read my aspartame story - you'll see why I avoid all other sweeteners like the plague! Sorry that last picture is sideways haha ! x

IMG_4261.jpgIMG_4265.jpg

Just an evening update..

I did the 30DS & ugh, it was hell, haha. I'm so unfit since last time I did it.. however I completed it & I burnt 301 calories, it always makes you feel great afterwards. I had some water afterwards & a mango then headed off to Tesco..

For lunch I grabbed some sushi from Tesco (I'm going to check the syns after but the one I usually get is around 2-3 syns). I had some mango chunks (YES I love mango) & water. When I got home I was busy for a while & I had some Jersey royal potatoes, with 1 x quorn sausages (2 syns) & some Winnie the Pooh pasta shapes in tomato sauce (free)! I've just had a couple of lychees & a 0% free yogurt :)

Tomorrow I have another day off, so I'll have a bit of a lie in, some breakfast & then the 30DS day 2.. haha god help me. Hope everyone else is doing great! I really hope I lose 4lbs this week (yes it's a lot) but if I do I'll get my half stone award! Let's do this!

Is there anyone out there reading this!? Meh, I'm still going to write it anyway, as it keeps me motivated!

Today I got up, had 2 x banana weetabix (I think 1 and a half is officially allowed as a HEX B) but my old consultant used to say two, so two it was because cutting it in half is just silly and in my opinion being too obsessive over SW. I had a coffee, then let it all go down before doing day two of the 30DS, I was still aching from yesterday.. but it had to be done Jillian (Michaels) herself says you should try pushing through day two & I did! I burnt around 300cals.. then I went on the exercise bike to burn a further 100cals. So it was 401cals total! I felt so weak afterwards, I downed a bottle of water & had a banana!

For lunch, I made some (great scot) roasted veg cous cous (free) & I had 2 x quorn sausages (2syns) & some sweet chilli sauce (1syn if that). I had a fat free yogurt afterwards (free). MOre water in-between.. then for my dinner I've just had some (lazy) Tesco stew (free), a couple of lychees & I'm about to have one more yogurt (free).

I'm hoping I weigh less tomorrow - but as I'm getting up at 4am, it won't be an accurate reading! This morning I'd actually gone back up to 11st 6 & 1/4 (up from 11st 5 & 3/4 yesterday. Not a huge change, however, this is definitely water weight as I was aching so much, my body (after the exercise) is clinging onto any water. I've seen this before when I did it - you STILL lose inches but your weight loss can slow when you first start (same as running etc) but keep going! :)

Haha, Thank You!

Today's update:

Breakfast (before work) - 1 x fat free yogurt (free) & a few sips of a Dolce Gusto light cuppachino (2.5 syns) but I think it was more like 1.5 syns at the MOST!
Breakfast (at work) - 1 x pot Mango chunks, bottle of evian & an alpen bar (everyone else had toast and chocolate)!!
Day 3 of the 30 day shred followed by exercise bike - burnt 430cals!
Lunch - Spaghetti bolognese (tin, lol, 3syns) with fat free yogurt (free)
Dinner - new potatoes, 2 x quorn sausages (2syns), kids tin of pasta shapes (free).
Water in-between :)

No weight updates as I haven't weighed myself this morning.. it's never an accurate reading at 4am!
Weigh day is tomorrow.. so wish me luck! x

Yesterday was a huge shock to me! 4 & a half pounds OFF! & my half stone award in the second week! &&& Slimmer of the week! :D

I was honestly trying for 3.. maybe 3 and a half at most.. but 4 and a half!? I can say that I DID work my @ss off for it though!
Yesterday's food was the usual Mango chunks & a small bag of fruit (apples/grapes) then some water.
I got home did the 30DS & exercise bike, burning 400cals (4th day) & then I made a salmon 'parcel' which is basically a fillet of salmon topped with some garlic, soy sauce & honey & some green beans on top. Wrapped in foil & put in the oven for a while - lovely.
I also had to shift LOTS of logs.. using the wheelbarrow, making about 10 trips & lifting heavy wood, so I suppose that's where the extra 1lb dropped off haha!

After the class, we went for an Indian.. but a healthy one. We literally just had a couple of poppadums (3 syns each or so) & the chicken tikka main meal with salad (literally just the bits of chicken breast)! So yeah, happy happy happy today!

Today so far, I've had a fat free yogurt this morning (4am), mango chunks (8am) Sardines in brine (lol from the tin) beans & 2 x quorn sausages (2syns), a banana.. then later I'm planning maybe some more fruit and some tesco irish stew? :)

Off now to do day 5 of the 30 day shred & exercise bike! How is everyone else getting on?

Wow well done- a fab loss for your second week and a shiny sticker to show off your hard work!! Congrats! X

Subscribing to your diary. Hi! Well done on your loss yesterday :woohoo:

Wow well done- a fab loss for your second week and a shiny sticker to show off your hard work!! Congrats! X

Thank You! It's probably the only Slimmer of the week one I'll get.. but still, haha :)
Subscribing to your diary. Hi! Well done on your loss yesterday :woohoo:

Thanks! I was so chuffed, still am! Loss will probably slow down soon but I just hope it keeps coming off!

Quick update:

I did the 30 Day shred & exercise bike & realised when I was 'cooling down/stretching' the calories burnt was at '460' so I decided to hop back on the bike, push myself & I ended up burning 500cals! I was exhausted afterwards though! Instead of being lazy & having that stew, I made a salmon parcel (salmon, green beans, garlic, soy sauce & honey in foil). Followed by a whole punnet of raspberries. I am shattered tonight, so I'm going to bed now (yes it's 7.15pm) but I am up at 4am for work..

I forgot to mention how much Colin (the other half) lost too, he lost 4lbs - his total loss so far is 10.5lbs in 2 weeks & mine is 7.5lbs!

Thanks for popping by & tomorrow when I'm not so much of a zombie I'll check out your diaries if you have one? :)

Well done on your loss. I have also recently started the 30ds. Tried level 2 today, it was so much harder than level 1! Good luck with your journey.

Thanks! I actually can't wait to get to level 2 & three, I enjoy them a lot more than 1! Less jumping about! Haha..

Quick update on Yesterday,

Breakfast (4am) - Free yogurt, water.
Breakfast (8am) - Mango Chunks & watermelon fans, water.
Came home & did the 30DS Day 6 & exercise bike - burnt 502cals!
Lunch - Morrisons fish sushi (small pack) water.
Dinner - New Potatoes, salmon parcel with a big lovely piece of salmon from Morrisons.
Pudding!! - Strawberries, blueberries, topped with fat free (SW free) vanilla yogurt. Yum.

Today:

1 x Banana then 30DS first thing this morning (day 7) & exercise bike - 45mins & 500cals exactly burnt off.
Breakfast - 1 x wholemeal 'nimble' slice toast with 1 x micro pot of Heinz Five Beans.
Lunch - We went down to the house we're rennovating, I did LOTS of work cleaning/garden work - had king prawn/chicken breast salad (lettuce, cucumber, spring onion) and a drizzle of sweet chilli. Strawberries, blueberries & kiwi fruit all chopped up :)
Dinner - 1 x quorn peppered steak & 1 x quorn burger with new potatoes (tiny bit of sweet chilli & ketchup).
Pudding - 1 x mango & one fat free (sw free) forest fruit yogurt.

Rest of the night I'll just be having water!

I was chuffed this morning because my scales were showing the lowest they've shown in a while 11st 4.5lbs.. let's hope they're right!

Here to subscribe :)

Well done on the 30 day shred, I've done it and you can drop some amazing inches!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank You! & yeah you do lose so many inches!! The only worry is when your weight loss slows down.. And you need to tweak your diet etc a bit more but it's all good!

Just an update on yesterday:

Breakfast: Strawberries, Blueberries topped with 0% fat forest fruit yogurt.
Lunch: Tesco Irish Stew (free), Tesco hoisin duck sushi (Tesco) 2 syns.
Dinner: Tinned paghetti bolognese (Heinz) - 3syns.
Snacks: 2 x fat free yogurts (free) & cherry infused raisins (nakd @ 3.5 syns).

30 Day Shred day 8 & exercise bike - burnt 530cals!

---------------------------------------------------------------

& today:

Free 0% yogurt & banana before workout.
Breakfast - 0% yogurt on top of chopped strawberries & blueberries.
Lunch: Tesco Hoisin duck sushi (2 syns), chicken breast & king prawn salad (free).
Dinner: Tesco Irish stew (free) & 0% yogurt again (free).

30 day shred day 9 & exercise bike - burnt 533cals!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Also, when I stood on the scales this morning, AFTER the exercise (which yeah I know, is slightly cheating & it won't be right) - they showed the lowest I've seen in AGES. 11st 3 & a half. It would be awesome if THIS was true but I know it won't be, lol - I'm always an extra lb lighter just after the exercise (sweating)! I have also ordered some dandelion tea today - which is meant to be great with water weight, which I find I cling onto during exercise! It's meant to be great for general detoxing too, so I'll write about that when it comes & I've done a week with it!

How is everyone else getting along - my weigh day is Thursday.. ohhhh.. & I'm back in work Wednesday - Saturday so I won't be able to take an accurate reading off our scales at home in the mornings! :'( !! Mind you, they were wrong last week anyway! I was heavier at home than I was at SW.. it used to be the other way around! I'm not complaining though!

here to subscribe - I'm also aspartame free and use the same sweetener as you have pictured if I have any at all - which is rare :D

here to subscribe - I'm also aspartame free and use the same sweetener as you have pictured if I have any at all - which is rare :D

Oh wow, that is rare! If you've read my aspartame story, you'll see why I'm free of it! Natvia is awesome! You have very similar stats to me.. when I started last year (April-September) I was 12st (well, 11st 13lbs) & I lost 2st :) then we stopped going & well, it crept back.. not all of it, just a stone, lol.

What a day. I am SO tired *stupid work at 4am & SW class not until 7pm*!!! - Hopefully the weigh in will be ok.. to be honest my scales have had the odd morning where I'm lighter (like the other morning - 11st 3.something..) BUT, other than that lovely morning, they haven't shifted too much. I'm definitely losing the inches, because I've not missed a single day of the 30 Day Shred & I've been 100% on plan, not even going over 5syns a day! So let's hope there is a (good) loss!

So yeah, I did Day 11 today of the 30DS or day 1 of level 2! Woah, it was great! I like it much more compared to level 1.. I don't feel there's as much cardio, just more muscle work! I burnt 531cals, with the exercise bike afterwards of course. I can feel my legs aching a little already too..

Food-wise.. I have had:

YESTERDAY: Breakfast: 0% yogurt (before work), strawberries, blueberries 0% yogurt (at work).
Lunch: King prawn & chicken salad (bought a sweet salad bag from Asda & Colin had fried some chicken breast the night before, which I heated up)! With little sweet chilli (1.5syns)?
Snacks: Nakd Raisins (3.5syns).
Dinner: Tesco irish stew (free) & yogurt again (free) - SYN TOTAL - 5

TODAY:
Breakfast: Yogurt (free, before work), strawberries, raspberries, blueberries (at work).
Tin of sardines, lol (free, in water) Free yogurt.
Lunch: Baby leaf salad with beetroot, king prawns and sweet chilli (1.5syns).

Not having anything else until after weigh in but it will most likely be the Linda Mccartney (red onion & rosemary) sausages (FREE!!) or my quorn spaghetti bolognese ready meal.. we'll see.
Our after weigh in 'treat' is always a yogurt go ahead bar, haha sad I know but we feel like we're being naughty.. I think they are something like 6syns for both slices (or 6.5)!

Will try & update with a weight update as soon as I can - Good luck Thursday weighers!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late update here!! I'll have to try & remember as much as I can.. first things first, I lost 1lb last Thursday. I was okay with it but not too impressed if I'm honest. I have been doing the 30 day shred EVERY day followed by the exercise bike burning on average 500cals each day (I have the polar heart rate monitor & app)! On top of that I have been 100% - ON plan not going over 5syns a day (on average).

So anyway, I decided that since I'd started level 2 of the 30DS (where it feels like less cardio & more muscle work) - I could be building muscle & holding water weight, SO, I decided to start another workout of Jillians- "Banish fat & boost metabolism". So, I did it & WOAH, just woah. I'd already burnt as many calories as the 30DS PLUS the bike, afterwards I decided to try and do the 30DS straight afterwards.. yes it sounds crazy.. but i DID. I burnt 920cals!!

I took a day off yesterday (because we were out all day & I had a headache/cold)! I however, pushed through today & did BOTH again & burnt 965cals. If you follow me on insant-gram (anellabennett) you'll see me post my results every day along with food ideas etc :)

After weigh in on Thursday, we did our usual - went to the Indian for some (healthy SW options), I had a couple of poppadums & the Tandoori King Prawn (dry dish with onions & salad). We also happened to walk past our FAVOURITE Indian yesterday & since we'd been out all day, we went in & I had the same thing again. Before that I'd just had a yogurt for breakfast (4am before work), strawberries & blueberries (8am) & a small pack of sushi (2.5syns) - so it was allowed.

I DID jump on the scales this morning after the workout & had a shock. 11st 2.5lbs! Yeah I know it was after the workout but still, in my book is 11.4, so let's hope it carries on until next Thursday! Today I've had a banana before the workout - afterwards, I had a cup of dandelion tea (which helps with water weight). After the workout I had half a cantaloupe melon & for lunch, I had baked salmon fillet with (fried king prawns) & salad & for tea we've both just had new potatoes, marrowfat peas, sweetcorn & a peppered steak (Quorn - free). Dessert = 2 x fat free (SW free) yogurts. Plenty of water & dandelion tea :)

If you're on 'instant-gram', add me! :) - can't use the proper site name on here, wink wink.

photo 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 28
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Full of cold at the minute!!! Pushed through a workout yesterday and still 100% on plan but argh, hope it doesn't interfere with the weigh loss! I've been drinking hot berry beechams flu drink, which I hope hasn't got any syns! Lol

Back