Once It's Gone.. It's Gone! Forever! - Anella's Diary :)

Also, tell me more about this chocolate tour :p I am a hugggge chocolate fan, lol - (favourites being Lindt & Hotel Chocolat) nom nom!

Just had a read of your diary and subscribed. You & colin are doing amazingly well!

Just read about your sweetener poisoning, how awful!! Its definitely made me think twice about putting it on my weetabix in a morning now!

Keep up the good work xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just had a read of your diary and subscribed. You & colin are doing amazingly well!

Just read about your sweetener poisoning, how awful!! Its definitely made me think twice about putting it on my weetabix in a morning now!

Keep up the good work xx

Thank You :) :) Glad to know there are people reading this out there, haha. I'm not alone - even if I was I'd carry on blabbing haha :p It was a very, very scary time when I was ill. Not great. I try & tell everyone my story & it does change peoples minds about it :p I used to love it on weetabix. I used to put about 3 big spoons-worth on there. I know, awful! Now I just put a drizzle of honey on there (hardly ANY syns) & it tastes just as great!

--------------------------------------------

I don't know why but I'm dreading tomorrows weigh in, sigh. I think it's because my scales have been sticking to the same thing all week & even going UP (even though I was completely on PLAN) a couple of days ago. It's back down to what it was before & I guess I do have the fact it is a morning weigh in (rather than the usual evening one) on my side. Still, I SHOULD have lost more this week. Definitely going to start the exercise next week :p

Today so far I have had - Breakfast - Ok I confess, I went back to my dukan diet ways. I made an oatbran pancake (total 0% yogurt, an egg, some oatbran - which is a syn in SW's eyes) I also added some honey into it & finished off the pot of 0% greek yogurt - yum. Not a bad breakfast though.
I've had 2 x cups of green tea sweetened with honey & for lunch I made a jacket potato with some prawn cocktail sauce (I made from lighter than light mayo & tomato puree) & it was nice! I also ate a whole big pack of cherries & some strawberries (trying to get those SS foods in)! I haven't decided on tea yet.. I might just have a box of those Deli box noodles (bbq beef - 1.5 syns) I have, but I don't even feel hungry, sigh. Can you tell I'm in a lazy mood today!?

Fingers crossed for tomorrows weigh in!

Thank You :) :) Glad to know there are people reading this out there, haha. I'm not alone - even if I was I'd carry on blabbing haha :p It was a very, very scary time when I was ill. Not great. I try & tell everyone my story & it does change peoples minds about it :p I used to love it on weetabix. I used to put about 3 big spoons-worth on there. I know, awful! Now I just put a drizzle of honey on there (hardly ANY syns) & it tastes just as great!

It must of just been awful. My friend uses algarve nectar and she swears by it so i may start using that. I hate honey but i tried some of the Algarve and it was delicious. Xx

It must of just been awful. My friend uses algarve nectar and she swears by it so i may start using that. I hate honey but i tried some of the Algarve and it was delicious. Xx

A lot of people are using that now.. will have to have a look at it :)

I did it, I did it! 10st 12.5lbs - Got that 2st award & OFFICIALLY in the 10's!!! :bliss:

I celebrated a bit tonight, as I do on all weigh in days.. ended up with my favourite chinese (just some spring rolls & the fried noodles with chicken). Then I had some carte d'or salted caramel ice cream, not a lot.. & also a few blocks of chocolate (Tesco finest, dominican republic milk chocolate with maldon sea salt) yum. Craving the salt at the minute aren't I!? That's it though. I will be starting some serious exercise on Monday. Treadmill/exercise bike or 30DS... need to get these final pounds OFF!

Oh forgot to mention, I also had a bottle o lucozade with my Chinese haha (have had them in the cupboard since April)!!! Can't believe the weight I've lost since the end of April, so happy :)

Colin also got his 3 and a half stone award today & lost 3 pounds!! - & he said he was worried - pffft.

Well done both of you!!! :D xx

Thank you so much, already regretting some of this chocolate, haha - but hey, I didn't go to OTT & half of my chinese (couldn't finish it all) is in the microwave! Can't eat as much as I could, haha. I'm just glad I FINALLY got into the next stone. The hard part will be going from this mornings weigh in to the Thursday night one. Uh Oh, lol. xxx

Colin has also been naughty today (he always is on the weekends now) but he alwayyys manages to get it off, grrrr! xx

Great news :) have just read your diary and am going to tootle off to look at the info on sweeteners. Keep going. I have almost 4 stones to lose, but the scales have been stuck for a week :(

Thank you so much, already regretting some of this chocolate, haha - but hey, I didn't go to OTT & half of my chinese (couldn't finish it all) is in the microwave! Can't eat as much as I could, haha. I'm just glad I FINALLY got into the next stone. The hard part will be going from this mornings weigh in to the Thursday night one. Uh Oh, lol. xxx

Colin has also been naughty today (he always is on the weekends now) but he alwayyys manages to get it off, grrrr! xx

I always have treat night after weigh in then start again the next day. Xx

Great news :) have just read your diary and am going to tootle off to look at the info on sweeteners. Keep going. I have almost 4 stones to lose, but the scales have been stuck for a week :(

My only tips for when the scales more are the obvious ones.. such as eat a LOT more SS foods. Less pasta/potatoes and rice etc (IF I have these, I normally only have a bit. Same goes for Colin). We never have rice/potatoes or rice the day or couple of days before weigh in! I also notice if I eat the same thing over and over, my body gets used to it and the scales stick. Mix it up. Change what you have daily.

For example at the start of the diet when I could eat more, a typical breakfast would be 1 whole tin of beans or spaghetti (usually spaghetti) and 2 x wholemeal toast (no butter). Then I cut down to scrambled egg on 1 x wholemeal toast for a few weeks.. then I switched to cereal (puffed wheat - sugar puffs but no sugar basically with honey) & recently I switched to 2 x portobello mushrooms topped with 2 x poached eggs - that really speeded it up. I'm now back on a bowl of puffed wheat with honey and a Danio yogurt! Every time I switch, the weight loss kicks in again.

Do try and increase the SS foods though - that's the biggest help I find. If I want a big weight loss one week I'll go OTT on the strawberries & cherries, I also cut down on the syns! Limit myself to no more than 7 a day. Obviously do what YOU want & what works for YOU, but this is my advice. Good luck!

I always have treat night after weigh in then start again the next day. Xx

Me too.. sometimes when we have a Sat morning weigh in... I continue being naughty on the Sunday too (so 2 days off) lol - but I'll be back on it tomorrow! Anyway, because I never ever use all my syns in the day (sure I've said it before) but I reckon I've saved enough over time to have a little binge on the weekend! However, scales don't lie so I'll find out monday, haha. But yeah, as long as I have my SS foods this week I should be fine. I think. !!!

Forgive me father, for I have SYNNED! Haha..

Well, Saturday we decided to have that day off the diet.. & well, Saturday turned into Sunday. I got up yesterday & had my leftover Chinese.. followed by some Mikado's (I say some, I mean a box. A large box)! Afterwards we went to the cinema with my brother & because we were early we ended up going to KFC & I had a small popcorn chicken meal (does the fact I had water make up for anything)? - then in the cinema.. yes this gets worse, haha - I had some sweet popcorn.

Was it worth it... yes & no - afterwards I did feel a little greedy BUT I did take this as practice for my birthday week coming up September 2nd. Yes, birthday week & not day! Last year Colin arranged a week of stuff for me (Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Chatsworth House, Longleat Safari & Blackpool pleasure beach)! So yeah, it was a whole week away.. This year so far we only have one thing planned which is the Titanic Museum in Belfast. I've asked him NOT to book anymore things away! But, we'll see.

Anyway back to the weight.... I weighed myself on the scales & they do unfortunately say 10st 13lbs! Not TOO bad (they did say 10st 12lbs) at the lightest, however the Wii told me I'd put on 1lb - I know the rest will catch up with me!! Today for breakfast I literally have an Alpen bar & a cup of green tea, lol.

Wish me LUCK! & lots of it!!

Today, I felt awful.

Woke up (having taken a contraceptive pill at a different time - late last night). Spent the morning hunched over the Bidet in the bathroom, lol - followed by many trips to the loo (lovely). There IS a stomach bug going around, so I don't know if it was that - the pill - or a combination of both. It wasn't nice. I wasn't actually sick either.. just the feeling of wanting to throw up! Yuck. I'm feeling better now, so that's the important thing!

So, yesterday I was 100% on plan & I had puffed wheat with honey, some green tea, an alpen bar, jacket potato and tuna/cucumber (bit of lightest mayonnaise) & for tea I had some diced up chicken breast & some apple sauce & gravy (weird I know, there was MEANT to be broccoli with that.. but don't ask)! I had 1 x mini BN biscuit & one small chocolate from a box Colin had from work.

Today, after feeling ill all morning I managed puffed wheat with honey, 1 x cherry danio, 3 x cups of green tea (with honey) throughout the day, for dinner I had a blast from the past (those early SW days) tomato & herb mugshot & for tea, another mug shot (same one) because it's the only thing I could see myself eating. I just had a fab mini too. I just got changed into my PJ's and decided to weigh myself & it's looking good - 10st 12lbs & a quarter. At the END of the day.. so that's a good sign.. probably helped that I spent half the day on the loo, lol. To be honest though I think that was all the sh*t coming out from the weekend!

Colin was naughty this last weekend too & he (from his Sat morning weigh in) is 4lbs heavier (at NIGHT). He says he doesn't want to go to tomorrow's weigh in, lol but I'm going. I hate the Saturday one - mainly because of the fact that when we go to the Sat one.. we have the WHOLE Saturday off SW.. then it usually creeps into Sunday. Wheras, if I go to the Thursday NIGHT weigh in, I have not usually eaten anything all day & have my treat that night - the chinese - and that's it & that is usually within my calorie count & syns etc. I'm back on plan RIGHT AWAY then on Friday! It will be tricky at tomorrows weigh in.. because the last one was a Saturday MORNING. Ugh, I would honestly be happy with a maintain after being so naughty on the weekend, however, deep down inside, yeah I do want another loss!

Let's hope for a pound off at LEAST tomorrow. The Wii this morning DID say I was the lightest weight so far (& in YEARS!) - which is good, but it is a little too close to what I was last weigh in! Fingers crossed for tomorrow!! :)

Just a quick update! Weigh in went well! Lost 1/2 a pound - which considering the sh*t I ate over the weekend was good!!

One thing annoyed me though - the woman of the year thing! I'm not going to be a big sulky pants but - ah forget it, I AM a big sulky pants!! The woman who won, had lost less than me (out of all the women in the group - that stay - I've lost the most so far - 2st & 1lb). When the winner was announced, my consultant looked over at me and then just said that basically if I had been there I would have been considered in the vote?! So because I missed the Thursday weigh in & went to the Saturday one.. I got left out. I don't know for sure if she didn't count me in at all just because I wasn't there.. I didn't want to make a fuss and ask. Maybe they did include me but no one voted for me? I don't know. I just felt a little crap over it if I'm honest!! If I was left out completely, I don't think that's fair, because we haven't MISSED a single class etc.. plus I read online that even the people absent from class SHOULD be included!

Meh, I won't whinge any more.. I know I sound bad, lol - but I was just a bit gutted!!

Anyway after weigh in, I had my chinese (the usual fried noodles with chicken) & 1 x bar (three pieces of Crispello) & a small bottle of co-op apple juice. I was back on plan yesterday straight away & on my Wii had lost weight - shows up at 10st 11lbs dead on now :)
We went to the cinema last night to watch The Conjuring - & I ended up having a big bag of Malteasers.. I count it as my syns for the last few days because I never use all my syns in the week, lol. ***excuses*** haha - I did have a bottle of water with them :p

I weighed myself on the dreaded wii this morning, & not even the BMI had changed, woohoo. So it's been the same for the last 3 days now. Exactly at 10st 11lbs. Back 100% today. Have had my puffed wheat cereal, 1 x Danio & a cup of green tea so far.. in a sec I'll be making another green tea & a mugshot & not decided on tea yet. Maybe another mugshot. We're hosting karaoke/disco tonight, so that'll be fun.. sigh.

Anyway good luck everyone! :) Have set my loss for next Thursday at 1lb, so fingers crossed I get that off at LEAST! x

Well done on the loss :) I never think the slimmer of the week/ month is fair because if you've got more to lose/ a man you lose more naturally. The only way to be really fair is to do it as a % of body weight loss.

Back from hol while ds has operation. He was so brave! Leaving to go back to cottage tomorrow. Diet not wonderful but not horrendous either. Tried those danio yoghurts. Are you sure they're only one syn. Can't believe how thick they are. Much nicer than muller lights ;)

Enjoy the weekend x

Hello, hello, hello...

I'm back, I'm still alive! So, I have a confession to make. Last Wednesday morning I was in A&E! I had the most horrible thing ever. A kidney stone attack. It started to happen around 3.30/4am where I was just lying in bed & I told Colin that I was ok (in agony) but ok. I didn't want to make a fuss. Anyway, after a long time in pain, I ended up on the kitchen floor in my pants whining at Colin for an ambulance! Anyway, he took me in, and we sat there doing wee tests/blood tests etc and they couldn't find anything and said it was most likely kidney stones.. great. I've been ok since, but haven't seen any stones yet - if I get the pain again.. I WILL be going to the docs and asking for a scan! That's the only way they can find out something is up!

Sooooo... to cut a LONG story short here's a list of some of the foods that I had every day since Wednesday (prepare to be shocked)!!!

WED: After A&E - A HUGE local bakery bacon bap (with ketchup) & Dr Pepper (full fat) & half a cherry bakewell slice. Cadbury Double Decker. Aldi chocolate buttons, Pink Wafers (ate half the pack in two days) & a Choceur Almond (huge) chocolate bar (YUM)! That night, a Chinese (Chicken Char Sui & Egg Fried Rice) - full fat Dr Pepper again & possibly a Pepsi, lol.

THUR: I don't remember what I had this day but it included the pink wafers, some chocolate and that night I had a take-away Chicken Tikka Korma & Pilau Rice from the Indian. A full fat can of something (pepsi I think).

FRI: We went to the cinema, on the way I had a prawn mayo buttie from the garage & some jelly tots. In the cinema I ended up having a Large sweet popcorn (we stayed for two movies) I had water with them, haha. That night we hosted karaoke & I ended up having a sausage bap (from the late shop afterwards at 1am) along with a Bounty ice cream, Cadbury double decker & a full fat ribena.

SAT - We went to morrisons for a 'healthy shop' & I ended up getting some Strawberry Shortcake slices & some yum yums (doughnut twists). That night I had a burger from the local takeaway, with cheese and ketchup & full fat pepsi/coke.

SUN: Think I had a bag of Doritos(?) That night we did karaoke again & I had a cheeseburger AND small 7" cheese pizza & a full fat pepsi.

MON:Rest of the Pizza for breakfast (lol) erm, later that day I had some more strawbery shortcakes (2) That night a take-away cheeseburger with onions.

THUR: I was good ALL day yesterday (back on plan) until the evening, where I had no tea so ended up having half a big bag of Doritos with some sour cream and chive dip and then a strawberry shortcake & two yum yums & a can of full fat coke.

The good news after all this.. is that I am the lightest weight I've been so far! On Wed, I weighed myself dreading it (because I hadn't weighed myself all week). I couldn't believe it, I was heavier.. but not by a 1lb.. it had just increased a little (this was on the Wii - which is the meanest of scales)! The kitchen ones still showed between 10st 11lbs which is AMAZING considering HOW much I'd had. So this morning I decided to step on the Wii again & to my absolute surprise I had LOST a pound! & showed up as 10st 10lbs (the lowest I've been in a long, long, long time). We obviously had last THUR weigh in day off after my A&E ordeal but we ARE going to the weigh in tomorrow & the bonus is that it is in the morning so hopefully I should be ok.

The last few days though, I have been on plan (give or take a few doritos, and my recent addiction of yum yums/strawberry shortcakes)! Today for example I've had 2 x chocolate weetabix with skimmed milk, 1 x Alpen light, 2 x green tea, 1 x jacket potato with prawns & big salad & I ended up having ONE yum yum! So not too bad, haha. I think after the A&E thing I just felt like a blow out & I was especially craving burgers.. & it's out of my system now. I think I've been super lucky with the weight too, considering I haven't been moving (exercising either). It IS my birthday on Monday, so I'm having a week off SW meetings & SW food (not going OTT) but I'm not going to be counting calories!

Also, the other good news is that I went to TK Maxx tonight & bought a Size 6 top (yeah it was stretchy, but still)! I'd say I'm a comfortable 10 now :) - I also bought a size 10 trouser & I am now a 29 inch waist - or should I say Hip, because that's where my jeans rest! I've always had wide hips.. I will have to take some official measurements, because that's one thing I never did. I have never been happier & it's all down to SW :) !!

Well, hello everyone..

I have been missing since August!! Well, I'm back! Let's cut a long story short. I got a new job as a Home Shopper at Asda (working 5am-10am) more or less every day. I started the job last September & when I first started, I was on plan & stuck to the same weight I was (10st 12lbs) for a while.. but, working around all the food got tough & I started craving foods I would never normally crave. My weight slowly went back up. The highest being just after Christmas, I hit around 11st 12lbs!! Yep, I was gutted. I could still fit into all the same clothes etc - except from one pair of jeans I got too big for.. so I decided enough was enough. I started eating healthily again (SW) style - but still with sweets in there, toast at work etc & I just stayed the same.

Oh, also, our SW consultant retired too back in Sept, so we stopped going - we decided to just save the money & weigh ourselves at home.. so yeah, you can see where we went wrong. Colin also put on some weight, lol.

Anyway.. I've been back on plan (100%) since Thursday. On Friday, I weighed 11st 10 & 3/4, Saturday I was 11st 10lbs & today (Sunday) I was 11st 8lbs! So far in 3 days, I have lost 2 & 3/4lbs - not bad for three days! So, I'll continue to be 100% on plan & keep you all updated. Meanwhile to keep up with what I've been up to, you can always visit my blog! Which is at Castlebankers.com - we are in middle of renovating our soon to be family home! :D

& when I say I received a ridiculous amount of chocolate, I actually MEAN it..

choc.jpg

Wow that is a lot of chocolate!!

Well done for getting back on it, I used to work for Asda too, and blame that for my weight gain, not so much shopfloor food but eating 2 meals a day in a shitty canteen!!!

xx

Wow that is a lot of chocolate!!

Well done for getting back on it, I used to work for Asda too, and blame that for my weight gain, not so much shopfloor food but eating 2 meals a day in a shitty canteen!!!

xx

Haha I now, It's ridiculous. I've put it away in the cupboards in order of sell by dates etc, so they'll be handy for syns or taking to the cinema on treat nights! I was down to 11st 7 and a quarter this morning which is good :) Hate weighing myself at 4am though (before work at 5am) lol - ugh. Sometimes, I'm lighter after I've been to work & eaten (?) Don't know how that works. Anyway, so far today I've had..

2 x Chocolate Weetabix w/ skimmed milk
1 x Total 0% Greek Yogurt, alpen light bar, banana, tangerine, green tea with a tiny bit of honey.
2 x Boiled eggs & two slices wholemeal (not sure how many syns this would be)?! Green tea with a bit of honey.
Lots of water!

Tonight I'm planning to just have a Pasta n sauce, more water, green tea & some more fruit :) Hoping more comes off tomorrow! Home shopping is a great job for losing weight too, we are always on our feet walking around the store about 5-6 times & doing heavy lifting etc! I am going to get back to doing the 30 Day Shred once I have a bit more energy after work!

Back