Once more into the fray my friend

Thanks AngieB I know it can be a bit up and down for some people on this diet. I do get a bit frustrated that I've only lost 12lb in total over 4 weeks and some lose that or more in the first week alone. I've checked and I'm still in ketosis I just have to accept my body has never released weight very fast (probably the PCOS is the factor).

So I've decided to reduce the risk that I am doing something wrong in the small meal element (I can't see what but maybe I am?!). So I am going down to 4 packs a days for 4 days a week and will eat a small meal on one day in the week and weekends. The reason I am eating one day in the week is that I have a number of functions/conferences/formal dinners etc. for my job and it is difficult to not eat at all, but I can get away with just eating a small portion of protein and veggies. So I guess I'm moving down to SS+. My CDC suggested I moved down to SS but that would be very difficult with my job so I'm trying to avoid that if possible.

The other thing I did was buy a new set of scales as I don't have one here in the week, so currently I'm getting on every morning and every night as I just want to see how the weight fluctuates which I know is a bit OCD but I like data, I like to have information on which to make decisions - its the engineer in me.

Hi Elsa, how did it go yesterday?
Got new scales? be careful as you know when the weight loss slows, it can get depressing and affect your moods

Hi Elsa, how did it go yesterday?
Got new scales? be careful as you know when the weight loss slows, it can get depressing and affect your moods

I'm still jumping on the scales every morning & every evening - I know obsessive. It does vary especially between the morning & evening weight but I am seeing a general downward trend which is a positive. I don't know how much of a weight loss it is as I haven't had a chance to compare my weight on my scales against those of my CDC. I'll do that on Friday and I'll know then how they compare. I'll then have a much better idea over the next 2 weeks how my weight loss is actually going (coz I'll have to miss the week after that again due to work commitments.) Lots of work dinners coming up over the next 4 weeks so I need to stay strong!
The 4 packs a day thing is going well - I actually didn't get my mid week slump this week. In the previous weeks I've been really hungry, starving on a Wednesday and sometimes the Thursday too before I recover but as I say I didn't get it this week. Maybe I can't take the food - I know everybody is different. Oh well I will just have to wait until I see my actual weight loss on Friday.

Wow Elsa, my weight is all over the place - morning can be up higher than the previous week, down lower one evening... STS for 3 days in a row - it all depends on whether I've been sleeping correctly, if I'm stressing etc.
That's my reason my husband usually takes them away and gives them back once a week (weak-willed) - he has weighed himself once a week since I've know him - how crazy is that? I mean, I know it's a great way to be honest with yourself and reign it in when you've been hitting the excess button... which should be a sign for me too (when I don't want to weigh myself, it's usually because I'm in denial of what i've been doing - just being dishonest with myself really!)

:banana_dancer::wee::woohoo:
Guess who is happy with her weigh in? So I lost 2.6kg which is just over 5.5lbs. I think either the scales had a blip last week or my body decide to store water weight for some reason but I am sooo happy and am back on track for my planned weight loss.

Congrats! That's like 18lbs - you're going in the right direction!
How tall are you? 60 kgs is less than what my daughter weighs - Are you feeling it in the clothes?

Congrats! That's like 18lbs - you're going in the right direction!
How tall are you? 60 kgs is less than what my daughter weighs - Are you feeling it in the clothes?

I'm only 5ft 2 so pretty short - I did once get down to 65kg (on lighter life) and was still carrying a lot of weight on my thighs and bum (I classify myself as pear shape with Apple tendencies. I.e. Fat goes on everywhere I'm like a little round beach ball.)

So had a good weekend - I played golf Saturday and Sunday and actually won the ladies comp on Saturday. Woohoo. But played like sh*t on Sunday. Oh well the weather was perfect early 20's with a light breeze and I got lots of exercise and my handicap came down to its lowest ever (23.7).

I then had roast chicken on Saturday with green beans with a little chicken stock as gravy. I had some cold chicken with iceberg lettuce and topped with a poached egg on Sunday. Which is my version of a chicken Caesar salad without the naughty bits and which is one of my favourite small meals. Back on the 4 shakes a day now. It certainly makes it easy as I live on my own in rented accommodation in the week so I now don't have to cook for myself or even more importantly visit the supermarket and be tempted by all those goodies. No weigh in again for 2 weeks as I'm at a conference on Friday but I've got my own scales now so I can check at home and see how it is going. Just got to stay away from the sweets, cakes and biscuits that always come out at conferences!!

Good luck Elsa! Hope you get to rest during the conference - that's always my downfall... I'll go in with the best intentions but stress, heat, noise then long hours prep.. When cocktail comes in the evenings I have a VERY hard time staying on plan!
Are you a speaker? If so - sending good vibes your way (sending them if you're not either:D)

So I got through the conference by avoiding the lunch room and no I wasn't speaking this year I was just a simple attendee. It helped that I had some reports to read and approve so I took myself and a lemon bar off to a quiet corner over the lunch break. The most difficult part of the day was the trip home afterwards as I was travelling by train from the City. There was food everywhere, cakes, sandwiches, pastries, sushi, sweets. It hits you in the face with every step you take, No wonder I struggled with the diet when I worked in the City everyday. That's one thing I can say about the country there are no ( I mean none) fast food restaurants. There is a local chippie but it's round a corner and away from eyeline so it doens't tempt me. I had to treat myself ...I had to it was compulsion...so I had a Diet Coke. Not specifically allowed on the diet but I figured as cheats go it was probably the best way to go...and I really enjoyed it.

So my 4 shakes a day Is working for me. It helps keep the hunger down but on Weds last week I had a small portion of vegetarion lasagna. I think I've mentioned before I have a regular Weds evening late meeting and a meal is provided for us. As part of my role is networking with others I can't really exclude myself from the meal. Usually it is meat and veg or cold meats and salad so I have been able to stick to a small step 2 compliant meal. Last week it was veg lasagna. I thought a small portion couldn't hurt too much could it? I was soooo hungry all day Thursday and most of Friday, I didn't have a ketostick but I wouldn't be surprised if it hadn't kicked me out of ketosis. I seem to be very sensitive to carbs probably related to the PCOS they say that can make you carb sensitive. My scales are still showing a downward trend just not massively rapid which is frustrating but expected. Unfortunately next week I have a whole training thing which includes a networking dinner afterwards and the week after that I have to go to another conference dinner as my CEO is insisting I attend. I'm trying to make sensible choices at theses events, I am not drinking alcohol and I try to stick to protein but I don't think they are helping the weight loss. But then I guess my life and work has to go on.....

Hi Elsa,
just caught up on your diary after a busy few weeks. I think 18 lbs in 5 weeks is a brilliant weight loss, even more so with your PCOS. I have had a couple of those 1 or 2 lbs weight loss weeks and they do really effect my morale but my sensible head knows we have to look at it over a four week period and by god if we can loose 18lbs every four weeks we will be in bikinis before the summer is over :0).
Hope your week is still going well x

Oh Elsa! How well I understand you. In all accounts. I live in the countryside as well as I can't stand noise... It's a 15 minute car ride to get to a fast food place, but that's not really my problem. We have a contracted caterer for work and I really try to have him make clean meals. There's always a dairy free gluten free option as well.
But I understand about when you're in the city... The worse is states side. I get to NYC and the smells, the ads, the 24/7 always available food to go... People eating in the streets it's everywhere. Honestly I don't think I could carry on there... And every meeting has some kind of food/drink/sweet - it's like everyone's afraid of missing out.
I have friends who never cook.. Take out, delivery, restaurant - I don't know how they do it! I'm such a control freak about what ingredients go in the meal, what the kitchen looks like - total paranoia!
My problem is that I have a tendency to eat small meals throughout the day... And the last one right before bed. I need to get that under control. For example - almonds the serving for snack is 5-6 almonds... Who eats just that? I prob 3x that quantity!

EB and Enlightern thanks for your support its great to know others understand you and your weaknesses. I'm having a good week all in all. I didn't try and hide this diet at work this time. I'm not shouting from the rooftops but I have mentioned to a few key people (ie. The cake makers) that I'm not eating carbs at the moment and it is not a reflection on their cake making skills. So everyone has got used to me saying no and are not pushing it and this week two separate people have told me they can see a difference already which is a great morale boost. We can all do this. However EB unfortunately as I am currently living in Australia Summer actually finished today, but I can still aim for next year but I don't think it will ever be a bikini bod - I am approaching 50 rapidly now and am not expecting my skin will bounce back as rapidly as it used to.:boohoo:

OLove your emo Elsa! I'm with you on the bikini bod - but hey come on, we'll have earned the right to if we want to!

Personally I'm giving massage and lymphatic drainage a go right now... Just to stimulate the underneath and to keep the skin supple.
In about 25kg, I'm going to slowly introduce strength training back on the menu so it can be full on when I'm at goal...
And I'll see about surgery when the time comes - I'd already had the talk in between children about a boob job (had a lump removed) and the dr said not until I was done with kids and I'd stabilized your weight.. So I've still
N.2 to achieve :confused:

So just had my 2 week weigh in - had a morning weigh in rather than my normal evening one. I was a bit worried coz I went out for a meal last night it was a Lebanese Meze. So I had no personal choice on the food. Lebanese is not too dissimilar to Greek (although if you are Greek or Lebanese I apologise if you don't agree!) They brought out pita bread with dips first, which I avoided. Then a green salad with a red wine dressing and fried Lebanese bread and lost of tomato. I hate tomato! So I didn't have that. Then they brought out these deep fried balls. Which tuned out to be a falafel ball and a pumpkin, feta and spinach dumpling and a lamb pastry thing. By this time I hadn't eaten anything so I did try the falafel ball and the pumpkin thing. Which were ok but I didn't eat much. Then it was deep fried calamari by which time I was starving so I did have a couple of pieces of that. Finally they brought out lamb and chicken kebabs. By which time almost everyone else was full but I enjoyed one of the kebabs. So it wasn't the greatest meal diet plan wise but it could have been worse. However my weigh in was the next morning at 9.30am. So I must admit I didn't eat or drink anything before it just in case.

However I was still delighted to find out I'd lost 2.6kg (or 5.75lbs) over the 2 weeks. Woohoo. I love this diet,

So exhausted today. I've mentioned before I work 2 hours away from home about 150km away. I usually travel up early Monday morning and rent up near the office so I have a short commute the rest of the week. Well Monday I'm 125km towards work when my brain kicks in .... I've left my work laptop back at my house in the City. I take it home weekends because you know work never stops and all that. My brain is going soft. I managed Monday - I was out on site all afternoon anyway (in 40deg heat but that's another whinge) and then drove all the way home again after work. My hubby called to make sure I hadn't forgotten the way home as well. :confused:

So not so awake today and lots of meetings to keep me busy and my eyelids propped open. Like the job hate the commute. Fingers crossed I might have an interview for a similar job just 15mins down the road from home. That would be perfect.

So not a great weigh in on Friday. However to set the scene I had an exhausting week, after having to drive back to the City on Monday night and back into the country on Tuesday morning I had back to back meetings and then 3 days and evenings of a conference which we were hosting so I had to be there. That also meant 3 meals out. I didn't go mad or anything I even avoided the gorgeous looking home made cheesecakes that came out on Weds night and I didn't touch a drop of alcohol. However I was so busy I also didn't drink all my water and I did eat, even if I did stick to the high protein options, ie. Smoked salmon and steak and salad. I was feeling very bloated by Friday evening (my weigh in day) and hadn't had a bowel movement in 3 days :)sick0019:TMI?) So anyway I ended up putting on 2lbs put I'm pretty sure they are not real numbers. In fact this morning my scales were back down again. So I'm not beating myself up.

On a totally different subject I have been contacted by that other job I applied for and they asked me to do a video interview. I don't mean Skype or FaceTime. I had to record myself answering specific questions. You are basically talking to an image of yourself with a. 3 minute countdown in one corner. It was horrible I couldn't make eye contact with myself and who knew I made such awful gurning faces when I am in an interview situation. It was really really awkward. I may have blown it and part of me hopes I did. I don't know I've only been in my current job about 18 months and I'm just starting to get into my stride, if it wasn't for the fact I live so far from home I wouldn't be thinking about leaving and I'm starting to think I should pull out.....so conflicted at the moment.

There is no harm in going for it anyway...good experience if nothing else! I can't seem to make up my mind on exactly what I want so mostly going for anything and then I will review if anything comes of any of the opportunities.

Sounds like the weigh in was a blip, like you said. Good that you have't taken it to heart as I know how difficult it can be. I had a little catch up on your diary and you are doing great! Your dedication is amazing! Makes me review my approach to the diet maybe - although I'm not technically on Cambridge anymore.

So not a great weigh in on Friday. However to set the scene I had an exhausting week, after having to drive back to the City on Monday night and back into the country on Tuesday morning I had back to back meetings and then 3 days and evenings of a conference which we were hosting so I had to be there. That also meant 3 meals out. I didn't go mad or anything I even avoided the gorgeous looking home made cheesecakes that came out on Weds night and I didn't touch a drop of alcohol. However I was so busy I also didn't drink all my water and I did eat, even if I did stick to the high protein options, ie. Smoked salmon and steak and salad. I was feeling very bloated by Friday evening (my weigh in day) and hadn't had a bowel movement in 3 days :)sick0019:TMI?) So anyway I ended up putting on 2lbs put I'm pretty sure they are not real numbers. In fact this morning my scales were back down again. So I'm not beating myself up.

On a totally different subject I have been contacted by that other job I applied for and they asked me to do a video interview. I don't mean Skype or FaceTime. I had to record myself answering specific questions. You are basically talking to an image of yourself with a. 3 minute countdown in one corner. It was horrible I couldn't make eye contact with myself and who knew I made such awful gurning faces when I am in an interview situation. It was really really awkward. I may have blown it and part of me hopes I did. I don't know I've only been in my current job about 18 months and I'm just starting to get into my stride, if it wasn't for the fact I live so far from home I wouldn't be thinking about leaving and I'm starting to think I should pull out.....so conflicted at the moment.

Hi Elsa,
Sounds like your job is a bit like mine.
I was in Greece for 8 whole days... Non stop meetings, speeches, outings, ceremonies where everyone wants to outhost their neighbor. Anyway from the airport until about Tuesday I was careful... I mean I had brought bars for breakfast, was eating grilled chicken or fish, no sides. So proud!
Lost the plot on Wed - i mean lost the entire script - so reflecting back, I can be 100% away from home for about 4 days... After that it's back to my old habits
Thank goodness I don't do desserts or potatoes/rice - but everything else was fair game! Esp the pistachios
Anyway I got home and jumped on the scales Sunday morning 3.5lbs gained - really not bad I'm sure it's off by now
That said I'm going to treat it as my week off exante (I think it's a week off every 6 weeks/)

Work wise, do you practice your public speaking in front of a mirror? It's really good for correcting your weak areas - filming is the best though! We are hardest critics, but once you've mastered the direct eye contact -,it's smooth sailing.

Anyway good luck with the job... Esp if it spares you transp time

Just a quick catch up. I'm not being officially weighed in til next week but over the last two weeks according to my scales I have lost just under 6lbs but that does include the 2lbs I put on the week before so it's a 4lbish loss. Which is ok what I am hoping for so I'm still on target. My target is to get below 12.5stone by the time I come back to the UK for a holiday which will be in August, I think it is doable.

On the job front I have decided to commit to my current job for the next 2.5 years. I know quite specific! Hubby and I have talked and we have decided we want to return to the UK for a while as my parents are getting into their late 70's now and I want to be closer. We have decided however that we are not leaving Australia before we do the traditional round Australia trip in a campervan so working backwards we have decided to do the trip in 2019 and return back to the UK for Christmas that year. Which means I get to leave my current job at the end of 2018 and as my rental contract renews in November that will be the perfect time to leave.

Our long term plan will be to return to Oz to retire - think I will struggle with the U.K. Weather now. Brrrr.

Back