Once more into the fray my friend

Elsa

Its good to have minimins back. I found this site over 8 years ago now!!! When I was lighter life -ing and loved it then. Once I'd lost the weight and moved across to Australia I stopped visiting as often but would still pop by now and then to see how things were going.

So anyway my story is the usual. Lost 6 stone with Lighter Life in 2007 and almost immediately moved to Australia in Jan 2008. New job, new people, new social life and 8 years later all the weight back on. I tried a few diets in between but it was either not the right time or just not the right diet.

Now just feels right, I've just turned 47 so 50 is starting to stare back at me with intent. I was fat and twenty, fat and thirty and not as fat and forty as I'd just finished Lighter Life, I'd really love to be slim and fifty! When I first moved here (Melbourne) there was one Cambridge Diet Consultant and she lived across the other side of the city from me so it didn't really work. Well since then the franchise is starting to take off. Still not the coverage there is the UK but alot more consultants on board. So I decided to give it another go. I should say I even had a gastric band fitted in 2012 and that didn't work for me either. That is a whole other saga.

Anyway the consultant has started me off on Step 2 which worried me a bit - last time I sole Sourced all the way and it was the first diet ever to be effective. I loved the total black and whiteness of it. No food at all, no chance to play around with it. Its only been 6 days but I'm actually really enjoying Step 2, I love the fact I get to eat a small meal in the evening. I just need to keep an eye on myself that I don't start upping portion sizes and adding non-authorised ingredients, I can be sneaky like that when my sensible brain is looking the other way.

Anyway weigh in tonight - coz I didn't start straight away I'm really hoping for a big number (please)

Its good to have minimins back. I found this site over 8 years ago now!!! When I was lighter life -ing and loved it then. Once I'd lost the weight and moved across to Australia I stopped visiting as often but would still pop by now and then to see how things were going.

So anyway my story is the usual. Lost 6 stone with Lighter Life in 2007 and almost immediately moved to Australia in Jan 2008. New job, new people, new social life and 8 years later all the weight back on. I tried a few diets in between but it was either not the right time or just not the right diet.

Now just feels right, I've just turned 47 so 50 is starting to stare back at me with intent. I was fat and twenty, fat and thirty and not as fat and forty as I'd just finished Lighter Life, I'd really love to be slim and fifty! When I first moved here (Melbourne) there was one Cambridge Diet Consultant and she lived across the other side of the city from me so it didn't really work. Well since then the franchise is starting to take off. Still not the coverage there is the UK but alot more consultants on board. So I decided to give it another go. I should say I even had a gastric band fitted in 2012 and that didn't work for me either. That is a whole other saga.

Anyway the consultant has started me off on Step 2 which worried me a bit - last time I sole Sourced all the way and it was the first diet ever to be effective. I loved the total black and whiteness of it. No food at all, no chance to play around with it. Its only been 6 days but I'm actually really enjoying Step 2, I love the fact I get to eat a small meal in the evening. I just need to keep an eye on myself that I don't start upping portion sizes and adding non-authorised ingredients, I can be sneaky like that when my sensible brain is looking the other way.

Anyway weigh in tonight - coz I didn't start straight away I'm really hoping for a big number (please)

Good luck Elsa! Isn't that sneaky the way those pounds seem to creep back on like that?
I lost 4 stones in 2009, never got to goal weight really and now I'm back to where I started- just a bit older and finding it difficult to lose those pounds compared to the first time!

Anyway hope you lose big today! You didn't even have a sneak peek? Courageous!

Thanks enlightenme2. It's not that I had the willpower not to peek I just don't have any scales up at my weekday house. I work away from home in the week and rent a place so only have basic equipment here.

So I lost 5.5lbs this week and my first thought was "I wanted more than that!" Last time I lost 7.5lbs in the first week I wanted that again. But I gave myself a stern talking too. "5.5lbs is good and I should be pleased" and I am. My CDC also took my measurements and I'd lost a total of 31cm which was amazing in a week so that cheered me up.

Last time I mentioned that I was still hungry all the time and I was starting to think maybe it was because I was on Step 2 but I woke up Sat morning feeling a lot better. But although I felt less physically hungry I did feel quite weak and achy and a bit shaky, but that could have been something to do with my 1 hour Pilates class in the morning. I thought I'd be ok with Pilates as its not high impact.

Anyway my biggest disappointment this week in the rice pudding. I was so looking forward to that. I made it for myself Saturday evening and it was REVOLTING. Really really awful. I even added cinnamon and sweetener but still couldn't eat it. I don't like the soups either and I manage the porridge by adding more water than it suggests and topping it with cinnamon. I don't even like the shakes made with hot water. It is obviously the heated products I have a problem with. They have this kind of musty/earthy taste that makes me feel ill. It's funny I know others prefer the hot products so it must be something with my tastebuds.

Hi Elsa,
You sound just like me, I always want a bit more than that when I get weighed because its damn hard work! 5.5 lbs is an awesome start and you should be really proud of yourself. My Consultant said that some people have a great week 1 and others have a great week 2 and others loose a steady 4lbs a week she said either way if we stick to it we will all get there in around the same time.
I also don't like the a lot of the hot products, I warmed up a choc orange shake and it was vile and went down the sink. I don't particularly like the pasta and rice packs either but the spag bol I find is edible.
Good luck for week two - I can't wait to hear how you do.
Ellie x

So it turns out I don't particularly like the lime shake either. It was n't awful I could drink it but it had a kind of chemical aftertaste. Smelt divine though. At the moment I like Choc and Choc Mint, Fruits of the Forest and Banana and can take the occassional butterscotch or toffee and walnut. Not a great variety but at least I can start on the bars next week. Also the evening meal mixes things up a bit. I had delicicious chicken burgers the other night. I mixed chicken mince with finely chopped mushrooms and tarragon and formed into burgers. I used all my veg allowance in the mushrooms so I had to eat them solo but they still tasted really good.

So I had my week 2 weigh in which was 4.5lb loss which I was very happy about so that's a total of 10lbs over 2 weeks but I've seen some of the weightlosses on here and am feeling a little jealous. Very happy for the great successes as well but that little bit of me is sulking in the corner saying "why can't I do that ?" But I knew going into this I don't lose weight as fast as others, who knows why? I'm certainly not cheating, I'm drinking my water but I do have PCOS which does affect weight loss. Last time I lost an average of 2.5lb a week so that's my target again this time. So had a good week, the ketosis high certainly hit, I was feeling very positive and alive. The hunger had reduced, not gone completely, but low enough I can ignore it. I am really enjoying my mini-meals as part of Step 2. Chicken salad and mushroom omelette and chicken and tarragon burgers. Hope I don't get bored.

10lbs in two weeks is fab hun - don't worry about what others lose otherwise you'll go mad. Seriously when I did it first time round, I was always on the CWP Forum and was chatting to people daily etc and some where loosing like 6 and 7lbs on week 7 and 8 and I think one week I only lost a 1lb and I was devastated. I stopped comparing after that.... lesson learnt.

This week my scales are showing a gain - impossible as I have stuck to plan 100% but think I'm a little "backed up". Must sort that out before WI.

I love my evening meal :) Makes me so happy. I keep back a pack of my soup and have it over my chicken and veggies as it feels like a sauce and is a real treat :)

I love the chicken and mushroom over dry fried chicken (no oil etc, just a little water) , coat the chicken in herbs beforehand and tenderstem brocolli. Delicious!

Tarragon burgers sound lovely though :) I used to make the mini Asian Turkey burgers which I loved. They where great with salad and balsamic vinegar - very tasty :)

Hope your having a good day - when is your next weigh in?

L xxx

10lbs in two weeks is fab hun - don't worry about what others lose otherwise you'll go mad. Seriously when I did it first time round, I was always on the CWP Forum and was chatting to people daily etc and some where loosing like 6 and 7lbs on week 7 and 8 and I think one week I only lost a 1lb and I was devastated. I stopped comparing after that.... lesson learnt.

This week my scales are showing a gain - impossible as I have stuck to plan 100% but think I'm a little "backed up". Must sort that out before WI.

I love my evening meal :) Makes me so happy. I keep back a pack of my soup and have it over my chicken and veggies as it feels like a sauce and is a real treat :)

I love the chicken and mushroom over dry fried chicken (no oil etc, just a little water) , coat the chicken in herbs beforehand and tenderstem brocolli. Delicious!

Tarragon burgers sound lovely though :) I used to make the mini Asian Turkey burgers which I loved. They where great with salad and balsamic vinegar - very tasty :)

Hope your having a good day - when is your next weigh in?

L xxx

Thank you Cupcake - you are absolutely right about not comparing and I don't ....mostly....its just that little secret corner of myself that can't help it. I don't actually weigh in for 2 weeks this time as I live quite remotely and can't get down this week and I don't have any scales of my own to hand up here. So I will just cross my fingers and hope for a good number.

Struggling with the hunger again today - not sure why it has come back with a vengeance I certainly haven't cheated and I've been downing my water?? Oh well - I will get through.

Keep going Elsa...you can do it. 10lbs is a brilliant loss - that would take me 6 weeks at weight watchers xxx

My CDC also took my measurements and I'd lost a total of 31cm which was amazing in a week so that cheered me up.
Hi Elsa 10lbs IS great but 31 cms? I mean take a measuring tape and roll out 31 cms, it's A-MAH-ZING! So keep going, you're probably the kind of person who loses dress sizes quickly. I take forever to go down a size, even when the numbers say otherwise.. just weird

So excited I put on a pair of trousers that last time I wore them (which is only a month ago) I had to breathe and deal with them digging into my stomach all day. Today they are sitting easy hanging just below my waist. Wow - I didn't weigh in this week but even my oblivious other half told me he could see a difference. It's funny I always lose weight off my stomach/waist first!

Lucky gal!! It does feel good doesn't it? I'm jealous though! I seem to lose weight where it's not really necessary i.e. My lower half... Apple shapes - the worst! :grumble:

Hi Elsa,
Great news on the trousers. I have a whole wardrobe of stuff I can't wait to wear again :0). It is so true what Enlighten says, you think what the scales says is the most important thing and sure it is nice to see the numbers going down but nothing beats the feeling of looking in the mirror and thinking "yeeeesssssssss"! x

Hi Elsa,
Great news on the trousers. I have a whole wardrobe of stuff I can't wait to wear again :0). It is so true what Enlighten says, you think what the scales says is the most important thing and sure it is nice to see the numbers going down but nothing beats the feeling of looking in the mirror and thinking "yeeeesssssssss"! x

Thanks EB - I have to rely on other forms of judging success Coz I don't have any scales with me here and I haven't weighed myself for 2 weeks now. Weigh in day tomorrow - fingers crossed for a good number. To be honest I'd be happy with 4lbs to get mt to my first stone - more would be great though!!

I hate hump day. So it seems Wednesday is my hungry day. It happened last week and this week. I was hungry all day. Trouble is it has carried over til Thursday this week. It is very frustrating it's much harder to resist when you feel soooo hungry. I think I know what the link is though, it is not getting sufficient sleep. I work quite long hours and Weds is an early start and late finish due to regular meetings - it means I work an average of 14 hours+ on a Wednesday. Also being middle of the week, the rest I catch up on over the weekend is wearing away. This week I had a 7.30am start on Thursday morning as well....and the hunger is still there (surprise). Trouble is if I try to go to bed earlier my brain struggles to switch off so I still don't get to sleep. Oh well that's my whinge over at least I don't do shift work my body would never cope. (Stupid body, stupid brain). A big loss tomorrow will make up for it though. :scale:

Looking forward to hearing your two week loss - GOOD LUCK x

I can't believe this, this was a 2week weight loss weigh in and I lost....drumroll......0.8kg or 1.75lbs. :rant:
Gobsmacked doesn't even begin to describe it. I was good the whole time - I had 1 meal out and ordered the chicken salad but other than that I was 100%. As I reported my trousers were definitely looser. In fact I lost 21cm off my measurements, 5cm off my waist alone and 1.5cm off my upper arm. How does that work! So confused right now.... trying to be positive I've lost almost 12lb in the month. Why doesn't my body like losing it weight??

I can't believe this, this was a 2week weight loss weigh in and I lost....drumroll......0.8kg or 1.75lbs. :rant:
Gobsmacked doesn't even begin to describe it. I was good the whole time - I had 1 meal out and ordered the chicken salad but other than that I was 100%. As I reported my trousers were definitely looser. In fact I lost 21cm off my measurements, 5cm off my waist alone and 1.5cm off my upper arm. How does that work! So confused right now.... trying to be positive I've lost almost 12lb in the month. Why doesn't my body like losing it weight??
Sometimes u just have to have faith rather than evidence on this diet. You will lose weight, you can't not lose weight on a Vlcd. If you google fat cells and retaining water, there's a lot of evidence that when the fat cells empty, sometimes they refill with water, therefore no weight loss, then a whoosh, water leaves the cells.

Back