One for people who cook..

Charl_x

Hello fellow chefs :D I can't get enough of cooking..Anyway more to the point :eek:..

But now for the moan..I get really annoyed reading some people posts of what they cook and buy for their family/kids :sigh:

I understand that kids will be kids and do eat treats now again. But reading some posts it shocks me that people cook certain meals and buy all these sweets and biscuits still for their families :( !

Your in control now of your health yes, but remember your in control of others health to! Surley you understand how upset you got over being unhealthy, so why carry on helping others you love become unhealthy too :confused:

Influence others the way you mean to go when off this diet, which should be healthy!

Sorry for the rant :rolleyes: xx

I get your point and agree to a certain extent but how do you know that the people buying sweets and biscuits aren't distributing them out sensibly?
It's one thing for people to say they're buying them but unless they're saying that they just give the family biscuits and sweets for dinner, then you can't really be sure of peoples eating habits within the family home.

xxxx

hi what an excellent post. i cook from scratch for my family but use alot of rice, cous cous and brown pasta, and give them brown bread for there lunch or pitta bread with tuna and cheese. so the food is generally not too bad well i think correct me if im wrong but they hardly have ready meals, takeaways and fried foods but on the down side they do have crisps and biscuits. i dont like them having sweets as theyre just too messy and we rarely have chocolate unless someone buys it for them and they have squash once a day at dinner time, no fizzy unless very special occasions and they drink water throughout the day.
just wandering what you mean when your shocked what people give there kids id like to know what other people give there kids maybe i could improve.

My little girl who is two, loves all my home made food her fav is pasta bolognese, she also likes any home made chillies, currys etc and before I caught her pinching raw onion from the fridge :) I do sometimes think that she has days where she is spoilt with chocolate or sweets :(
She never has fizzy drinks and her fav drink is water :) x

I get your point and agree to a certain extent but how do you know that the people buying sweets and biscuits aren't distributing them out sensibly?
It's one thing for people to say they're buying them but unless they're saying that they just give the family biscuits and sweets for dinner, then you can't really be sure of peoples eating habits within the family home.

xxxx

I've read numerous post off the same people of what they buy and cook its shocking. Read a few people buy their familys take aways a couple of times a week to.

I just know when am a mum my kid would never be giving a turkey twizzler and chips. And they won't be having a take away every week.

I ain't saying don't treat them sure but thats what they should be treats. Some parents on here display that their children just have sweets etc as just part of their normal diet, it should be seen as a treat!!

:) xx

your so right my husband even tells me to stop buying the crisps but i do find its harder when you do have kids to say no but takeaways and fried food should definately be controlled and rare.

Well then yeah, I totally get where you're coming from. Also, it'd be good for those people to get used to cooking fresh nutritious food themselves so that when off the diet, they can go straight to eating that food otherwise if the family is eating junk and takeaways, then falling back into old ways is bound to happen and dieting will have been for nothing. So on that front, I totally understand and agree.
xxx :)

I'd love for my family to do a weekly menu plan :( am 19 I want kids around 27 so am a far way off, hopefully by then society will stop relying on convient food and take a leaf out of Jamie Olivers message of healthy kids :)

Back