One month in - what I have learnt so far

Getslimquick

Been liberated by Exante!
Exante Total Solution: What I have learnt so far?
• This diet works, it’s not a fad, it’s not dangerous and it’s the only diet I know where you are not hungry
• Bad breath fades by week 3 – keep on drinking water
• It would be worth me taking three days leave at the beginning – the start is tough
• Drinking water solves most problems and helps almost every difficulty
• I feel really well doing this, skin better, energy better, psyche better
• Headache – only twice, no real problem
• Ketostix are unhelpful and inaccurate and off putting
• Weighing once a month is right for me
• Bars – take or leave them, least favourite soup Mushroom, least favourite shake – strawberry – but its only fuel not a gourmet meal to be savoured. Serves its purpose, keeps me well.
• Sight and smell of food can be distracting and challenging – not to be confused with hunger, just the appetite responding, doing what it’s meant to, stimulate eating!
• Cooking requires tasting – how do you check for seasoning?
• At 4 or 5 pm I am not sure if I am hungry or tired – my response has been food but now green tea helps. I have learnt tired = hungry - but it’s not true.
• Some new abbreviations: LOL, POAS,LMAO,TOTM, OH, DD, DS, STS, AAM for starters
• I can survive quite well without alcohol
• The Minimins forum is great, inspirational and supportive
• I can do Tickers and update it!
• An extra jumper and socks are needed in the evenings , I get cold when I am tired
• Exercise helps, just a bit 20 minutes per day is fine
• Most of this in your head – when you know what you want and go for it – it makes you happy. It’s not three packets a day for life, just for now.
• Soup in a flask for lunch works fine – shakes lose flavour and taste if stored
• A splash of milk in morning tea is fine
• Green tea is fine but do not stray from a loo!
• It takes about two weeks to actually feel as if you are losing weight and anybody notices
• It’s worth re looking at the FAQ page on the Exante site

I hope this helps someone.

GSQ - this is an excellent post. i've been struggling with just a little weight - compared to some! - for over a year. I just can't seem to get motivated. Your post IS motivating. I'm going to keep it and re-read it. Wine is my downfall, one glass and I'll eat anything. I know the problem and yet... One other difficulty is meeting friends and going out. I seem to have no willpower. But, your post is a help. Thankyou.

loving it 1 month on well done to you xx great feeling the weight coming off just think a few more months of your life and your done with the dieting your at your ideal weight :) keep at it this would be great as a sticky for newbies x

Excellent post!!! Love it xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you all - ps - I told you I was sad on abbreviations - what is GSQ?

Get slim quick? Lol!!! :p

oh dear! How sad am I ....
thanks - I thought it might mean a Gold Star!

Aww hehe

Love it. Still a few abbreviations I havent worked out ...
AAM
DD
DS:confused:

Thank god the dog breath goes away!!!! It's the most unpleasant side effect of this diet!!!! Makes me a bit paranoid but it's not forever and I've only got 10 weeks left to deal with it lol xxxx

far2manyshoes said:
Love it. Still a few abbreviations I havent worked out ...
AAM
DD
DS:confused:

Add a meal
Darling daughter
Darling son

Really enjoyed your post - 17lb lost too, fantastic!

An excellent recap for us all........ the bit I really took a while to get my head round was the '3 packs a day is not for life'..... it's only for a few weeks and looked at in the context of how long we've been overweight is really insignificant.

And, I'm so glad the 'dog breath' doesn't last long!! :)

Back