One of the BEST things I love about my new lifestyle....

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Is spending a day in the kitchen, preparing lots of things for the week ahead, insuring I will have plenty of healthy selections for lunches, toppings for salads, and evening meals.

Today, I am feeling very Mediterranean Inspired.

I have just roasted a whole tray full of veg, drizeld in olive oil and covered with oregano, rosemary, garlic, and a few other herbs. Celery, mushrooms, tomatos, red and yellow and green peppers, sweet potato, onions and celery, and a couple full heads of garlic. Smells like Heaven

I am going to try a dish that came to mind while I lay in bed this morning. :giggle:

I am going to make a Brown rice crust, and fill it with red lentils, and these roast veg, and a few chunks of cheese here and there.....and bake it and make a lentil pie.

I think it will be nice with a dollop of greek yogurt on top to melt all over it.

I have also made a bean salad, with butterbeans, kidney beans, capers, green olives, celery, green bell pepper, cherry tomatos, cucumber and garlic, again, lots of oregano and rosemary, then drowned it in lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, passata and a bit of olive oil. Will be good on its own, or on my green salads.

ANd I made my avocado hummous, which I will call Hummamole. :D I replaced the copius amounts of olive oil generally in hummous with an avocado, and plain yogurt, lots of garlic and lemon juice and a spoon of tahini and have a whole bunch of veg sliced up to have with it.

ANd have chicken marinating in lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, sage and thyme to cook one evening.

MMMMM. Tasty week ahead! My kitchen smells like what I imagine a seaside greek cafe smells like on a warm sunny day....and I am in my element!

hAPPY dAYS! :D :D :D :D

Ooo I'm dribbling!!!!!

I've just spatchcocked a guinea fowl and it's going on the BBQ with coriander, ginger and s&p. I've done some vegies in parcels for it too very similar to yours but will be roasted beside the fowl rather than in the oven.

Now I'm going out on the terrace for a nice cool glass of fizzy. Water that is!!!

That sounds nice FT! Spatchcocked - is that where you cut the bird in half, but not seperate, and lay out flat? I must try that sometime! What are your parcels wrapped in?

Yum yum!! Do you like to cook? I love it!

I carried on a bit more and cut up lots of fresh fruit for the taking, and made a "Waldorf Salad" of apples, pears and banana with toasted walnuts, substituting Vanilla Yoguert with Cinnamon for the Mayonaise. That will be lunch tomorrow. :)

Lurve cooking!! Yes the spatchcock is flattened. I think it works well on the barbie because it cooks better and you can rub flavours inside as well as out. It was rather yum, but I only have the one breast of it!! Oh had the other and the legs. The parcels are in foil, it's recycle-able!!!

I do loads on the barbie, I think it's a really healthy way of cooking.

bl yours sounds gorgeous!!! i hope i can find this thread when i am eating again!

f-t i don't eat meat so not so good :) - mind you my hubby would love it!

daisy x
daisy x

Spooky

I've had roasted veg too. Red pepper, plum tomatoes, red onion and sliced mushrooms with garlic and squirted with a little olive oil and sprinkled with chilli flakes and a bot of rock salt before roasting. I had that with a piece of baked
salmon fillet sprinkled with lemon juice and vrushed black pepper corns.
I have also made a huge bowl of coleslaw with white cabbage, grated carrot and oinon, chopped celery and a few tiny florets of raw broccoli. Dressing of 0% fat greek yogurt, lemon juice and juice from the caper jar and a bit of skimmed milk.
That'll do me for days. A few capers and toasted pine nuts sprinkled on when Ieat it. Yum.

Desert later will be fresh fruit salad - Orange, apple , kiwi.strawberries and a few blueberries and goji berries, probably with fat free jelly which i always have made up in the fridge.Lovely colours and tastes.

Seems like loads, but it all fits with my plan. I've been gardening all day so will have burnt off some calories.

A yummy day all around! :D

Daisy, if you can;t find it, when you are ready, just remind me and I;ll tell you again! :D

It was gorgeous!

SB, I made your tomato-yogurt sauce, added a bit of vinegar, tiny bit of sweetner and tabasco and it was just like my favourite salad dressing from a mexian restaurant back home!! YUMMY!!! :D

We worked in the garden too. C taough me how to use the chop-saw, and I cut timber while he built a portion of our deck! It was SO fun!!! Women and power tools - I like it!! :D hehehe

xx

What have I done!!

I've unleashed a monster!!:eek:

I think the Maintenance section should come with a food warning!!!!

:cool:;):p:D:D

:D

I'm liking the idea of the dressings. As we're off at the end of the week I'm trying to use the fridge up so a bit of variety on the salad front should be quite useful!!

Is
I am going to try a dish that came to mind while I lay in bed this morning. :giggle:

I am going to make a Brown rice crust, and fill it with red lentils, and these roast veg, and a few chunks of cheese here and there.....and bake it and make a lentil pie.

I think it will be nice with a dollop of greek yogurt on top to melt all over it.

:D :D :D :D

did you ever make the lentil/brown rice pie dish? if so how was it - and how did you make the rice bit?

daisy x

look forward to it!
love the new pic btw
daisy x

Daisy, I didnt write it down, but if memory serves, the crust was brown rice (cooked) mixed with an egg and a bit of parmesean cheese and baked till "set" and browned. Probably at about 170c, maybe 15- 20 minutes? Then filled with roasted veg - any combination - but I porbably used carrots, peppers, aubergine, onion, garlic and celery - and a bit of cheese on the top. Then popped in the oven till heated through and bubbly and browned.

Topped with dollop of plain yogurt.

I hope that helps. :)

Back