Total Solution One Step At A Time..

GlassRose.x

Well, I started the year on a calorie counting diet, but then I hit a stop with my weight and nothing would make it budge, so I went onto a VLCD, did well but I had so many nasty comments from people around me I stopped and went onto Weight Watchers, all has been okay, lost weight etc.. but, I'm not eating properly - I tend to snack a lot and I know, mentally thats not right for me! So I have decided to come back onto a VLCD.

I was going to start next weekend as I have a 3 year old and I thought hmm, easter etc.. however it made no sense to keep carrying on the way I am - especially as the 3 year old doesn't like chocolate so there wouldn't be any about!

So tomorrow is day 1 for me, I go to the gym quite often but I decided not to go from tomorrow until Monday as there is a few Ferraris in town over the weekend and want to take the little one to see them. I'm sticking to just shakes on non gym days, and bars on gym days so I'll eat half before I go, half when I come out so I don't feel icky! I'd like to lose a few more stone before July, but to be honest, as long as I get to goal I don't mind when it is.

Hi there Rose,

Welcome to Exante. You have a good plan worked out so now you just have to do it! i really admire your lack of procrastination!!!

Belle

hiya Glass..

Well done for not worrying about what people have to say about VLCD ... Its your body and your choice... Good luck and i hope to see your great loss at the end of week 1... ya know the fisrt few days are gonna be tough as ya have done it before... Hope the Keto fairy sprinkles her dust over you whilst your sleeping very soon xx

Thank you guys :) I've just decided enough is enough, especially as I put on 2lbs in a day (doh!) never mind, it'll hopefully come off soon. This time I'm not going to tell anyone I'm doing a VLCD. I think it was before we always used to go see other people and of course they wouldn't see me eat, the boyfriend told them why when I told him not to, but now we're practically too busy to see other people for a while so hopefully he should learn to be quiet :p

Day one today, trying to put off the first shake for as late as possible but been up since 6 with the little one so we'll see how that goes. I saw on the Exante FB they're doing new products soon?! Wonder what they'll be?

Hi Glass, well done on making your decision, I surprised myself as well by going on this diet, I just saw it and ordered it and started straight away, so no time to talk myself out of it!! I am on day 6 today and starting to feel quite well, I've been 100% so far and I will be doing the plan until the end of April , just want to lose as much as possible for my wedding anniversary, I'm not bothered about the actual number of pounds, I just want to know I've been 100% and got the best result I could.

Keep your chin up!!

Hey Lanarkwitch - thats exactly what I did, I think sometimes you just got to bite the bullet and get straight into it otherwise you will think of an excuse - well I know I nearly did anyways but for me starting today makes sense as no gym between now and Monday/Tuesday so gives my body a little rest before I head back there. Hope you get a good result for the month in time for the anniversary :D

Just had my first shake of the day, Vanilla, think we're off out a little later to take the little one to see the Ferraris & motorbikes in town so not sure when I'll have my next shake - want to hold it off long as possible really :/

Hiya Glassrose, I'm on Day 5 of Exante. This is my 1st VLCD and I know certain friends will go ape if they found out (namely the one who's a nutritional therapist :rolleyes:) Honestly though, it annoys me. It's the slim ones who don't seem to have food issues that think VLCD's are something horrific. I'd like to swap bodies with them for a day and see how great they feel :(
Anyway, every day has got easier and easier for me, and today I FEEL slimmer, my face LOOKS slimmer and I don't have the carb sluggishness I ususally have :D It's awesome!
All the best, you sound totally focused so i'll look forward to reading your progress xxxx

Last edited:
Ty alwaysonadiet x

determinedlady - it annoyed me hence why I thought sod it I'll eat! Then it became habit but now it got out of control so before I got too much into it, I put a stop and came back over to VLCD. I'm at the point now where I don't care if they say owt about it, even the boyfriend doesn't know I'm back onto the VLCD - he'll probably find out tonight though as he does live with me.. ha! It was the bigger friends (bigger than me back when I was 16 stone) that were all judging and saying things but this time they won't even know. I'm glad that you can see a difference and feel a difference in yourself after just 5 days :eek:! Hope your first WI is a good one :D I'm not expecting much from a WI next week lol

I've kind of forgot how much you wee on this... I think the boyfriend will find out before the last shake.. lol. I'm not feeling hungry and when I do I just have some water :)

Hello :) I was the same with diets. I followed healthy eating and slimming world and had some good results but I needed more. I'm loving exante. Get through that first week and it gets easier and easier :) I'm on day 17 now and so so grateful to exante and this forum. The support on here is incredible xxxx

hey slimsarah, I hope Exante works for you in the long run :) I will keep coming to the forum to keep me distracted, glad I'm not the only one here! Ha ha!

I completely forgot how hard day 1 was! Don't think it helped I was up early with the little one and just didn't want to get up this morning lol.. But, day 1 done 100% :D Going to have my last shake in a little while, ended up falling asleep this evening so think that helped. The boyfriend found out when I had to do my 2nd shake that I was back on it but he didn't seem to take much notice, he asked why, I told him & that was that lol. Tonight is my soap night (Hollyoaks, Corrie, Eastenders then back to Corrie) so I think I will be pretty much distracted from food. Had over 2L water today.. not an easy day as hunger came but it went after I had the 2nd shake.

Hi :) I am going to make it work. I have to! I've not felt or looked this good in years :) I sound well big headed haha but a few months back I did not look good! get week one out the way and you'll be sailing by. I always convinced myself I couldn't do a vlcd but I'm now on day 18 and loving it xxxx

Oh and also not a soul knows I'm doing this diet. Absolutely nobody!!! Not even my husband. And it seems I'm not the only one, quite a few keep it quiet. I cannot tell the family, they would hit the roof and think I had some sort of eating disorder, hubby just wouldn't get it. He thinks I'm doing lowcal and eating soup for tea and I make sure he sees me eating my cereal bar and having a glass of coke zero. I'll tell him when I'm ready. I don't know what people have against vlcd, I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't need to, it's perfectly healthy, I'm probably getting more vitamins and minerals than they are eating a real menu! Within 2 weeks I took my bmi from severely obese to just obese and soon I'll just be overweight! That's just the most incredible feeling in the world and makes it all worthwhile xxxx

Lol yeah I know what you mean though! Few months ago I was a size 22, now I'm a size 14/16 & I always said I couldn't do a VLCD.. well to me it works, it takes me off food which is where I have the problem & then I can slowly re-feed myself rather than just jumping straight back into food and probably failing. Also when I was doing the VLCD I didn't feel bloated and was able to walk down the street fine, went onto food and I was struggling again :/ its weird! Though its probably to do with the vitamins etc...

Oh wow at keeping it quiet from the husband! Now I bet thats a challenge lol, my boyfriend only found out as I'm only having the shakes and a bar when I go to the gym but hes ok with it, I told him this time not to tell anyone as I don't want to hear the "you'll put it all back on, your starving yourself, you need to eat! you won't be able to have children! (i kid you not..)" comments. I bet you do feel a lot better in yourself though losing all the extra weight as your loss has been great!

Had first shake of the day - hoping today isn't as hard as yesterday but I know I can do it :)

I hate that VLCD isn't good for you attitude, I know people think they are helping, but it really isn't supportive, on the having kids front I suspect the opposite is true, have you seen the amount of people here who fell unexpectedly pregnant doing VLCD's, flippin scary that is!! I think this diet is great, it's given me a break from food, I was messing with SW for a while there and I felt like I was either, shopping for food, planning food, writing about food or eating, it was taking over my life, not to mention I wasn't really getting on very well with it this time, I find it's become rather complicated and it was doing my head in, although it helped me maintain for over 5 years I wasn't seeing any losses.

Still you are in the right mind to do this and you're doing great I love this forum xx

100% agree, VLCD is amazing. People just see it as unnatural and can't get their heads around the fact you're not eating, but I think glassrose summed it up- taking yourself off food is the best solution. It's the same for me too, food is the problem, so being off it altogether has removed all the tendencies to 'have a bit more' and we all know that's how we ended up here. With WW and SW I was like you Lanark, I thought about food ALL the time- did I have enough points for XYZ, what else can I eat etc etc...SW was the worst for me because I was literally drowning in carbs I think. Carbs are my worst enemy, I feel crap on them. I'm bloated, fuzzy headed, hungry, sluggish.......it's not nice :(

Family mean well but they don't have to live in our bodies and feel like weeping at the thought of summer coming etc. I think some of my family just love me the way I am, which is sweet, but I hate feeling the way I am, or should I say was :D

I love you losers! :hug99:

Lol, I was the same as both of you, I was on WW, but all I kept thinking about was food! Did I have enough points for this? How many points is it worth? Meal planning to fit in with the points - I just got fed up, then what tipped it for me was I was eating and I kept throwing up if I ate a little too much and that is another reason why I thought nope I can't keep doing it to myself, come off the food and re-programme myself a bit better later on. Lol, when the boyfriends mum!! said about the kids thing, I did laugh because I was on a diet back in 2008, within two months I was pregnant and now I have a 3 year old boy who has put me off any more children for life :p ha ha! Love him really but hes just learnt to argue back - fun times! I think carbs are just evil all together LOL, they make me feel like eurgh too and I end up breaking out in spots - another good reason for being on Exante :p

At the end of the day, if a VLCD was so bad, there wouldn't be lighter life or cambridge diet and it'll all be illegal lol. So far so good with day 2, think we're off out for the day in a bit, didn't see the cars yesterday as it was packed and the little one doesn't do well with crowds (sensory issues) At least on minimins no one will criticize us for being on Exante as we are all in it together for the same reasons :)

Omg on sw I just loaded up on carbs and they gave the worst effect on me! I get terrible water retention. I eat more, I get windy lol. I used to get swollen fingers and a puffy face, which I also get from too much salt!

Me & carbs just don't mix and this why exante works for me xxxx

I agree with all of you, I can eat carbs to some extent, but any diet that tells the follower to eat as much pasta and potatoes as they like, to me, isn't a diet. I don't need to pay every week to know that if I eat nothing but fruit and veg I'll lose weight, but I have a real issue with plans like SW which pretend to work in any other way than just limiting calories, regardless of how they market it, it's what it is. It's big business this diet industry, but VLCD's do work and results are fast. Personally I lost my big weight counting calories, I ate well every day and I consistently dropped 3lbs a week, sometimes more and lost 11.5 stone or so, but it took me 9 months and I never cheated even once, It taught me a lot about food and food choices but I wish I'd known then about VLCD's as I think I would have had a better result in the same time frame. I don't worry so much about which plan I will follow when I finish my Exante, as like probably all of us here I am a diet encyclopaedia, I can guess the calories in something from 50 paces. For me and for most of us here I guess, the only way forward for me in the longer term is to limit the carbs.

Hi GR welcome and well done on making the decision. Good your not letting others influence your choice, good look on your weight loss journey. Just get through one day at a time and soon you will be sailing :).

Just keep picturing your fab self at goal looking and feeling GREAT x.

Back