one week in turkey

I am saying in a villa in Dalyan for 10 nights and we go in 8 weeks 6 days... So not counting much haha.

So it's better to change currency when your there? I have never done that before so bit nervous about that just in case...

Were planning on doing lots of bbq's etc so would be easier to stay SW friendly...ish so we were thinking about £500 spending money for a family of 3 (20month old toddler) x

everyone says its better to change it when ur there :D

im gona try make good choices where i can but im still gona enjoy myself :D

Just got back from my honeymoon in turkey this morning!

We were in icmeler which is the next town from marmaris. We had a fab time and it can be as cheap or as expensive as you make it. I'm sure £700 will be plenty for the both of you, just pace yourselves.

Definitely change your money over there too, there are loads of change places!

Just be aware that the shop owners there can sell ice to Eskimos and it will be non stop hassle. If you're not interested, keeping walking and a polite 'no, thanks' should be enough!

enjoy! The weather was scorching and we've had a fab week xx

xxchristiexx said:
everyone says its better to change it when ur there :D

im gona try make good choices where i can but im still gona enjoy myself :D

Ooh yes of course it's your holiday it's a must :) going to eat good and save my syns for a few cheeky vodkas around the pool :) x

Just got back from my honeymoon in turkey this morning!

We were in icmeler which is the next town from marmaris. We had a fab time and it can be as cheap or as expensive as you make it. I'm sure £700 will be plenty for the both of you, just pace yourselves.

Definitely change your money over there too, there are loads of change places!

Just be aware that the shop owners there can sell ice to Eskimos and it will be non stop hassle. If you're not interested, keeping walking and a polite 'no, thanks' should be enough!

enjoy! The weather was scorching and we've had a fab week xx

Hi there awww glad u had a good time :D oh the shop owners were terrible in gumbet last year although a friend of mine who was there last year in marmaris said that they are banned there from hassling u! Which wud be a good thing hehe..

I was startin panic about money lol so u def think £700 shud be enuf? We wont be goin mad so no reason why it shudnt, i also think if u take more money u spend more money xx

Yeah i thinki £700 will be plenty. It's really cheap out there, and like you said, just spend what you have!

Them hassling you has supposedly been outlawed, however it doesn't seem to have worked and there's no difference really.

Just enjoy :) x

We have been to marmaris the past 2 years and have loved it!

We did go all inclusive but the food is cheap and £700 will be plenty. We took £300 for a week for 4 of us, had days out, bought lots of goodies and came back with a bit extra!!

The jeep safari is fantastic as is the trip to turtle bay and the mud baths (id recommened it).

Couple of tips for you:

*Book trips along the beach front and the shops - so much cheaper than the reps!
* Dont change money in the hotels - very expensive.
* Be careful on the day trips - when we went to turtle beach we had to empty our bags when getting on the boats and take out all the drinks, we had so we had to buy them onboard, v crafty as you have no choice to buy them when you are in the middles of the sea lol!!
* If you want bread and bits when you get there the big supermarkets are brilliant and really cheap! We went AI but still bought a few bits for the kids - biscuits, bread, crisps etc etc.
* Dont take fruit off any guys walking along the seafront. They normally walk along with a punnet of strawberries and offer you one. If you take one, they follow you and dont back down until you buy the punnet at a ridiculous price. Just politley say no and continue walking.
*The 99p english cooked breakfasts at all the resteraunts ARE 99p but they will then charge you double for the drinks to get there money back!!

Have a fantastic time, Im very jelous as we arent going this year!! x

Yeah i thinki £700 will be plenty. It's really cheap out there, and like you said, just spend what you have!

Them hassling you has supposedly been outlawed, however it doesn't seem to have worked and there's no difference really.

Yeah i think ur right lol!!

Yeah def think i shud have enuf, we will make it do :D thanks :D

When i went in 2008 they were meant to have clamped down on the hassling but they hadnt. They stand outside guiding you in but then hide if they seen any police lol.

Just stick to your guns and say No politley and you should be fine :) Im wel jelous bringing all my memories back... Does anyone know if beach club is still there? I was told they moved it to bar street :(

We have been to marmaris the past 2 years and have loved it!

We did go all inclusive but the food is cheap and £700 will be plenty. We took £300 for a week for 4 of us, had days out, bought lots of goodies and came back with a bit extra!!

The jeep safari is fantastic as is the trip to turtle bay and the mud baths (id recommened it).

Couple of tips for you:

*Book trips along the beach front and the shops - so much cheaper than the reps!
* Dont change money in the hotels - very expensive.
* Be careful on the day trips - when we went to turtle beach we had to empty our bags when getting on the boats and take out all the drinks, we had so we had to buy them onboard, v crafty as you have no choice to buy them when you are in the middles of the sea lol!!
* If you want bread and bits when you get there the big supermarkets are brilliant and really cheap! We went AI but still bought a few bits for the kids - biscuits, bread, crisps etc etc.
* Dont take fruit off any guys walking along the seafront. They normally walk along with a punnet of strawberries and offer you one. If you take one, they follow you and dont back down until you buy the punnet at a ridiculous price. Just politley say no and continue walking.
*The 99p english cooked breakfasts at all the resteraunts ARE 99p but they will then charge you double for the drinks to get there money back!!

Have a fantastic time, Im very jelous as we arent going this year!! x

thank u so much for the information that really helps. im dead excited now:D

Me and my oh went in september for two weeks and we was self catering.
We took 1400 and came home with 200. That was eating out 3 times a day, excersuions, alcohol and fags lol.
We also spent about 200 on bags and clothes and another 100 in duty free.

I think it will hun,

If you are unsure take your bank card with you just incase or something?!? But as long as you barter you shouldnt have any problems getting good deals. Just be weary about people offering you something cheap that they arent ripping you off. They have charm do the turks lol u already know if you have been to another part.

Havent got a clue as to how much money you'll need but just wanted to say that Marmaris was one of my best pre-children holidays. We had a week on a gulet then a week in Marmaris. The food in the restaurants was amazing. Our last night on board the gulet was in Marmaris marina and we so felt like the idle rich sipping drinks on the boat before our night out as everyone was walking past!!!!!! You would have thought we were on a yacht!!!!

Hope you have a fab time

Do u have to eat out 3 times a day?? I usually find having a large brekkie and sunbathing I then miss lunch and just have an earlier evening meal.....just a thought! Xxx

our breakfast is included then i was just goin to make lunch and bring lunch with us wherever we are try to save a few pennies then its really only the evenin meal :)

our breakfast is included then i was just goin to make lunch and bring lunch with us wherever we are try to save a few pennies then its really only the evenin meal :)

Totally do-able then - you spend what you like honey - it may be worth finding out if you hotel do an All inclusive upgrade when you get there??? Some do, and they include local drinks and meals.....you could save a fortune cos they do that at a daily rate per person....you could get drunk in your hotel and then hit the town! hehe! xxx:D

Just got back from turkey last week, we stayed in Kalkan which is the other side of Dalaman airport. Not sure if the prices differ in marmaris to where we were but the most expensive meal we had was £60 for the two of us - included cocktails, bottle wine, starters, main and after dinner drinks in a posh roof top restaurant, but usually around £40 a night, £700 should be fine!!! Definitely get your money out there, and also check with your bank to see if you get free transactions whilst your there. I'm with Santander and they offer that to me so I just took cash out of cash point and used my card in some restaurants. Agree with Ellebear - food is soooooo expensive in airport!! Also have a lovely lovely time!! It's bloomin boiling out there!!! Very jealous - want to go back!!xxx

Hello how was Kalkan???! Sorry I just spotted your post regarding Kalkan - i love it there, and was wondering on your thoughts??! Ahhhh i so o o o o o want to go back hehehee

Back