Losing it!
Day 1;

B1 Chicken
B2 Chicken and an egg
L Prawns and FF cottage cheese (CC)
S Total 0 % and cinnamon
D Steak, egg, FF CC

Drink water and Coke Zero

No oatbran as the Supermarket didn't have it, will get some tomorrow.

Mild headache from carb withdrawal, but not too bad. Haven't been eating much lately as I had a tummy bug last week, so this amount of food seemed loads! On the plus side, don't think the headache is going to get much worse as I've had so few carbs before starting, but I don't expect a big loss either.

Oh yes, in our house we have two breakfasts, one just after we wake and one at 8.00am. We do this because I have young children who wake early and can't hold out for food.

Day 2:
B1 prawns and quark
B2 half a lean steak and FF CC
L omelette with prawns
D griddled egg and prawns, followed by galette. (Yum!)

Drink water and Diet Coke

30 minutes walking and cycling

Happy Wednesday :)

Last edited:
Day 3

Menu

B steak and egg
L oat bran muffins
D turkey and egg

Exercise 20 minutes of brisk walking with toddler in pushchair and lots of chasing children around the park.

Today has been a joy! Carb withdrawal headache gone, not hungry, loads of energy.

Made the oat bran muffins, I think I should have cooked them a little longer. Ate them all though, not such a good thing!

Made sure I moved more today, tried to remember that if I'd left something upstairs that going back up for it is good for me. Put my running shoes on which has made it much easier for me to chase about with the kids, didn't realise how much my biker boots inhibited me.

My food list may seem fairly boring, (well, it is attack!) but I like my food simple so this really suits me.

Got all the ingredients to make my own yoghurt, will give it a go tomorrow. Really hope it goes well as I spend a fortune on yoghurts for all of us.

Gosh, that turned out to be an essay!

Day 4

Menu Day 4 of attack

B1 - sliver turkey breast
B2 - total 0% and oat bran
S - sliver turkey breast
L- Egg and salmon
D - Salmon and cream cheese

Feeling great! Why do I never remember how good I feel off carbs?

Have done half of the first C25K run, would have done more but I had to be home to turn off the yoghurt!

Can't express how pleased I am with myself today. I feel like myself, like my old self before I put on all this weight.

I'd forgotten how good it feels to move my body. Re-starting running really pleases me, even though I currently move like a herd of elephants! I used to run 5 years ago, it's wonderful to be getting back to it.

Life's good today :)

Edited to add that I got off my butt and cycled to town and back today. Yay me!

Last edited:
aaaah the ketogenic euphoria takes a lot of beating! I can remember it well!

As you say: why do we forget it so easily?

You're doing well! Keep it up!

Day 5

Menu day 5 attack

B1 - Salmon
B2 - Chicken and Total 0 %
L - Boiled egg and chicken
S - Total 0 % and ground cinnamon
D - Oat bran porridge (yummy yum yum yum!)

Had a skinny americano today, discovered I only like coffee with lots of creamy milk! Oh well, one day...

Cycled to work and back, not far, but that's all I had time for.

Last edited:
You're doing great, and those activity levels are brilliant. How much longer do you have on attack?

Menu day 6 attack

B1 - Total 0%
B2 - Oatbran porridge
L - 4 boiled eggs
D - Chicken and ffcc

Two cups of coffee with skimmed milk

Boy do I have spots! :mad: The back of my neck has broken out and it's hot, red and itchy. Ugh. I have to wear my hair up to keep the area cool, but that means everyone is subjected to my pizza neck!

I seem to remember that I got the same last time I cut carbs, it was three weeks of horribleness. Here's hoping it's over quicker this time around.

Cycled to work and back, the hills are getting easier, it's amazing how quickly your body improves.

Last edited:
Day 7 - final day of attack

B Oatbran porridge
S - 2 boiled eggs
L - Chicken and ff cc
D - Chicken and egg

There isn't going to be much scope for exercise today, I'm at school this morning and working this afternoon.

I'm am comprehensively not hungry, if you look at my menus, do you think I'm eating enough?

On cruise does having veg make you hungrier?

Last question - is broccoli allowed on cruise? It's my favourite vegetable of all time!

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Hi OneTwoFour - you're menus sound lovely. Broccoli is fine on cruise, I have it a lot & cauliflour.
I sometimes find that I'm a little hungrier after a PV day but not massively. I think it might vary from person to person.

PV
B1 - Oatbran porridge and cinnamon
L - steak with a salad (lettuce, cuke, & red pepper)
D - Turkey and a salad (as above with mushroom)
S - Total 0% with cuke

Over the last seven days of attack I have lost 5lbs. Absolutely delighted with that, especially bearing in mind that I was ill for the two weeks before starting and lost a stone thanks to an upset tummy and vomiting. So in three weeks I've lost 20lbs!

Have throat ulcers at the moment (thanks kids, you living breathing germ vessels!) so I'm having a hard time eating anything at all. Never thought I'd have to force myself to eat.

Looking forward to having some veggies now, already bought in salad ingedients and my beloved brocolli. Just got to make sure I keep the protein levels high.

Here's to cruise, wish me luck everyone!

Edited to add that I walked briskly to town today with the buggy, got a sweat on so I know I did myself good. Yay me!

Last edited:
Good luck Hun x

Day 9 PP

B - steak with egg
L - mackerel with total % and egg
D - Salmon and herb scrambled egg
S - 2 eggs

Really enjoyed my first PV day yesterday, mucho looking forward to that again tomorrow.

Lost another pound overnight, so feeling pretty chipper. :)

Still have the horrible ulcerated sore throat but it's just starting to get better. Thank heavens for anaesthetic spray, I wouldn't be able to swallow without it, let alone eat!

Not many exercise opportunities today, strike day so kids home and weather foul.

Hubby said I was looking slimmer today - yay me!

Last edited:
B1 - Oatbran porridge with hemp hearts
B2 - Lean pork chop with courgette, egg and lettuce
L - Lean pork chop with courgette and yellow pepper,with a total 0% herb dressing.
D - Chicken with Dukan curry sauce, carrots and broccoli

Feeling good. Have lost 7lbs over the last 10 days and am settled on this way eating, very motivated to go the whole distance.

My pizza neck (aka dieter's acne) is still grim, but on the plus side it does show that the diet is working and all the toxins are being released.

Oh, and how much do I love the courgette tagliatelle? That was like food of the gods this morning, I can't see the need to eat pasta again!

Off for a bike ride with the toddler on the back later, that'll be my exercise for the day. :)

Last edited:
Day 11 PP

B1 - oat bran porridge with hemp hearts
B2 - Salmon fillet and boiled egg
L - Salmon fillet and boiled eggs
D -
S - Chicken

Was another half a pound down this morning, not bad after a PV day.

Off for a weekend away sans children! Bliss. Going to do lots of lovely exercise and plenty of relaxing. My outlaws have given me my birthday money a bit early, so I could do some shopping, but despite my total loss being 21.5lbs since November, I'm not yet seeing a big change in clothes size. Or maybe I'm just refusing to see it!

Happy Friday everyone.

Edited to add - sat with my bro while he ate chips, I wasn't even tempted. Normally I'd have eaten them quickedy-quick. How good is that?!

Last edited:
Day 12 PV

B - oat bran porridge
L - haddock and courgette tagliatelle with quark, boiled egg
D - chicken and broccoli in a garam masala & total 0% sauce
S - eggs

Skipped dinner last night as my throat infection has gone to my ear, didn't fancy forcing anything down. Feeling better today, so making an effort to eat more.

Away from my scales at the mo, which is hell for a serial weigher like me! Roll on Monday morning :-D

Feeling good, enjoying being in charge of my eating and not craving a thing. Life's good.

Edited to add- my sibs are busy eating Chinese in front of me. I'm not tempted. Yay for Dukan!

Last edited:
Day 13 PP

B - oat bran porridge
L - chicken & scrambled egg
D - scrambled egg and smoked salmon
S - trout

Another good day, feeling strong. Ate out today, pleased I found something suitable, that's another hurdle jumped.

PV day tomorrow, will make an effort to be more adventurous, have played it pretty safe really.

Day 14 PV

B - oatbran porridge and hemp hearts
S - boiled egg
L - steak salad
D - spicy shepherds pie (Dukan friendly)

Planned to be all adventurous with veg today and then realised I'm really busy!

Lost another pound while I was away, delighted with that. Had my hair and brows done too, so I feel I'm looking really good.

Not daunted by the challenge of sticking to this plan and how far away my goal is. Unsual because by now I normally would be. Hoping it's a good sign?!

Last edited:
Day 15 PP

B- Oatbran Porridge with hemp hearts
L- Supermarket roast chicken
S - Egg
D- Chicken Omlette

Lost another half a pound overnight despite my pigout last night!

Busy day today, work and child related activities mostly.

My hubby bought me a yoghurt maker for my birthday, so we got right on and started the first batch this morning. We get to look this evening to see if it's worked. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
B - Oatbran porridge with hemp hearts
S - chicken
L- Steak with brocolli and asparagus
D - Salmon and egg with broccoli, asparagus, BNS and pepper.

Another half a pound down this morning. Yay!

Yogurt maker great, got a kg of yoghurt already, the low fat is good and even the kids will eat it. Am making a premium one now which I reckon the kids will love even more.

Powerwalked to town with the buggy this morning, got a sweat on. Babysitting for a friend tonight, going to run there and back and that's me for the day.

Last edited:
Back