Onion Bhaji

Sam's mam

I'm going to make some onion bhajis. When creating a recipe on e source it's coming up that 2 teaspoons of cumin is 1 propoint and 1 tablespoon of dried coriander is 1 propoint. I thought they'd be zero propoint value? Can anyone help?

As far as I know 1 tsp of any herbs is 0pp but once u go over that there's pp's added.. I could be wrong but I think I did read this somewhere.....

Oh by the way I love onion bhaji so do let us know how that recipe works out.. Would definatly try that out xxx

Yes once you use 1tbsp or more of dried herbs/spices then it is pointed. I tbsp is usually I pp.

Thanks, though I wish they weren't pointed! I might have a go tomorrow, I'll let you know! If you like Indian food, I made the vegetable samosa and turkey korma (using chicken) from e source on Saturday and it was lovely, I might try yogurt in the korma rather than creme fraiche. I also made low propoint sag aloo, that was amazing!

Have to say, I NEVER point herbs and spices and haven't seen a difference. Not saying you shouldn't do it but the fact they were zero on Discovery I just can't get my head around why they have them now.

That's why I was a bit puzzled! I use loads if herbs and spices and haven't added more than the tablespoon! I grow my own herbs but they are zero propoints! I'm not going to add them.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I point blank refuse to point herbs and spices. It makes no sense! I cannot understand it!

Back