Onion Bhaji

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Queries' started by Sam's mam, 17 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Sam's mam

Sam's mam Member

I'm going to make some onion bhajis. When creating a recipe on e source it's coming up that 2 teaspoons of cumin is 1 propoint and 1 tablespoon of dried coriander is 1 propoint. I thought they'd be zero propoint value? Can anyone help?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Laineymcd

Laineymcd Full Member

As far as I know 1 tsp of any herbs is 0pp but once u go over that there's pp's added.. I could be wrong but I think I did read this somewhere.....

4. Laineymcd

Laineymcd Full Member

Oh by the way I love onion bhaji so do let us know how that recipe works out.. Would definatly try that out xxx

5. ellenwillbeskinny

ellenwillbeskinny I need chocolate now!!!

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(11.3%)
    Diet:
    I was on WW PPs but have now switched to calorie counting.
    Yes once you use 1tbsp or more of dried herbs/spices then it is pointed. I tbsp is usually I pp.

6. Sam's mam

Sam's mam Member

Thanks, though I wish they weren't pointed! I might have a go tomorrow, I'll let you know! If you like Indian food, I made the vegetable samosa and turkey korma (using chicken) from e source on Saturday and it was lovely, I might try yogurt in the korma rather than creme fraiche. I also made low propoint sag aloo, that was amazing!

7. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    Have to say, I NEVER point herbs and spices and haven't seen a difference. Not saying you shouldn't do it but the fact they were zero on Discovery I just can't get my head around why they have them now.

8. Sam's mam

Sam's mam Member

That's why I was a bit puzzled! I use loads if herbs and spices and haven't added more than the tablespoon! I grow my own herbs but they are zero propoints! I'm not going to add them.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

9. Sawyer

Sawyer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    114kg
    Current Weight:
    41.6kg
    Goal Weight:
    73kg
    Lost(%):
    72.4kg(63.51%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I point blank refuse to point herbs and spices. It makes no sense! I cannot understand it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.