Only 1 more sleeps- and oh feck I haven't done a thing

The information on the gatwick site about hand luggage is a little confusing. It states that only certain items can be taken as hand luggage in a transparent bag but it then goes on to say other items can be purchased in the departure lounge and taken on board the plane!! Does that mean we can buy drinks and magazines in the departure lounge and take them on board?

a bit conflicting isnt it

Also the number they have on the gatwick site comes up unobtainable..

Last I heard was that you could buy stuff from the shops in the departure lounge, but not drinks.

I need to check that....but first...must spring clean the house and have face lift (that's me that is...not you :D )

house has no hope of even being left tidy at this rate - oh i'm really not getting anywhere- got to pick up kids at 3 so no hope after that - i've got an hour to....

tidy enough so that i can see what i need to bring
wash the stuff i've found buried that needs to be packed
dry above
iron above
clean the entire house
pack the bags for all of us
cook tea and empty all the food
remember all the things I've forgotten
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ok time for some top tips (not including ***stop bloody playing on the computer and tackle the job that needs doing you eejit*** which I'm currently telling myself
over and over):rolleyes:

Know the feeling :rolleyes: I shouldn't be on here either

I'm flying with BA, and just looked up info. No mention of clear plastic bag now.

Even if you did need it, do people supply their own or do they supply. What are you doing?
From Tuesday August 15 all UK airports will implement the new hand baggage policy.
Customers departing from the UK (including customers transferring through the UK):
Customers travelling from the UK will be able to take on board as hand baggage one cabin bag no bigger than 45cm x 35cm x 16cm, the size of a small laptop bag.
Cabin baggage MUST NOT contain:
  • Any cosmetics
  • Any toiletries
  • Any liquids
  • Any drinks
  • Cigarette lighters
Cabin baggage CAN contain the following:
  • Electronic equipment, including laptops, mobile phones and portable music and DVD players
  • Essential prescribed medicines in liquid form provided they are under 50ml. Customers will be asked to taste the liquid. If they cannot taste the liquid for any reason they will be asked to go to an airport pharmacy to have the medicine verified.
  • Baby milk and liquid baby food (the contents of each bottle MUST be tasted by the parent)
Nothing must be carried in pockets.

To help progress through the airport all customers are encouraged not to include items capable of containing liquids (e.g. bottles, flasks, cans etc.) in either their hand or checked baggage.
All electronic equipment will need to be removed from the item of hand baggage and screened separately. We recommend these items be packed carefully for easy removal at the security search point.

Pushchairs and walking aids will be permitted but must be x-ray screened.

Customers may purchase any item in any store in the departure lounge before departing their final UK airport and take onto the aircraft as normal, unless they are travelling to the USA.

Extra restrictions are in place for customers travelling to the USA from the UK. Customers WILL NOT be permitted to take any liquid or gel items purchased in the departures lounge into the aircraft cabin.

All food or beverage items must be consumed before boarding.

don't know what i'm doing about plastic bags - we're going from gatwick - will let jim sort that bit out. still got 3 wash loads to go - why do i ALWAYS leave it?

calm me down KD calm me down - what time do you go?

We're leaving at 5:00am.

Told eldest son we'd wake him before we go to say goodbye, but he's suggested we just video record our goodbyes :confused: :D

I'm sort of half packing, half washing, half ironing, half making lists, half cooking lunch, half dusting, and half looking at this forum.

Guess I'm multitasking. All 7 halfs of me :D

fantastic - i am now writing out address for postcards - checking this forum and my e mails every couple of mins, waiting for the wash to finish so i can put in next load, taking all thetoot from downstairs that lives upstairs and trying to find somewhere to pack/hide the 103 pounds worth of 'essential' toiletries I had to buy in boots the other day before my husband sees it all!!!!

but i'm not getting anywhere :( - got to go and get the kids now - that'll mean i get even less done :mad: - then the big one has swimming from 4.30 to 5.30 so won't be home til 6 and arrrrrgggggggggggggghhh :eek:

Oooh Hanky,
just popped in to wish you a happy holiday, have a great time...:D

but i'm not getting anywhere :( - got to go and get the kids now - that'll mean i get even less done :mad: - then the big one has swimming from 4.30 to 5.30 so won't be home til 6 and arrrrrgggggggggggggghhh :eek:

Oh dear!!! poor you :(

Back