Only 1 more sleeps- and oh feck I haven't done a thing

If you go to 'edit' then 'edit advanced', you can change your thread title:cool:

Not long now before the hols eh:)

Gutted as I've just realised I'll miss the final of BB:eek: How will I cope? The holiday will be ruined :D

OMG how the henry can you watch that?

OMG how the henry can you watch that?

What? BB? Dead easy.

Turn on TV,
Place body in front...facing screen works best
Try to stay fixed to the spot (though that rarely works for me..concentration span of a newt and all that)
Turn TV off when the credit come up.

Quite easy when you try. Even I can do it ;)

well done to Karion for helping a dimwit change title of thread.

I don't watch bb but do have to confess that i've got into love island but isn't lee such an arse???

Only 10 more sleeps :p so I decided to go onto trip advisor forum to see what the latest news is on how the hotel is doing after hurricane wilma :( . Also i wanted to find out about tipping the maid service etc.

OMG!!! The reviews are outstanding - everyone is raving about the hotel. :D :D :D I am Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited now. :eek: :) :D - need a smiley for pure excitement

I think i may wet myself. :eek:

Have been chatting a lot via e mail with the concierge at my hotel. She's so helpful. Anyway today i was looking at all the rooms there are at the hotel. Majority (for those with kids) consist of 2 double beds in one room so I was thinking it'll be a nuisance when we put the kids to bed as we'll have to sit in darkness with telly off etc until they fall asleep. So i emailed the concierge to see how much it would cost to upgrade to a suite (2 bedrooms with a living room and an outdoor hot tub). We currently have booked a villa on the beach, when you have a villa breakfast is included as well as your own special concierge area which means you get all soft drinks and snacks free all day and all cocktails free in the evening for 2 hours or something.

She has offered me a free upgrade to the suite. I showed my husband but he says we shouldn't take it as it'll be in the main hotel so not directly on the beach and also all the other things you get with villa won't be included.

So then i had to go and thank her but refuse her lovely offer.

don't know if it was the right decision or not really.

confused

You'll probably find the kids will be so exhausted, they'll sleep fine with the light and TV on.

Trip advisor is great isn't it. I keep visiting the forums on there to pick up hints and tips and writing them down on excel ready to print out.

I'm going to start up a holiday thread tomorrow. Reckon I'm as excited as you :D What kids we are :D

ooo she's just emailed to say i could have an upgrade to ocean view from garden view villa - that is actually quite an upgrade as the views are amazing and the price was so different that we decided we couldn't stretch though we'd like to.

that's really kind isn't it.

Yes, Im going away soon too...bit worrying about the airport situation isnt it?

Which airport are you flying from?

xx

gatwick but only as far as madrid. then madrid to mexico so i imagine that flight will be less at risk of delays etc.

where are you off to?

im also going from Gatwick to Pathos via First Choice Airways...hopefully there will be no delays there either.

The information on the gatwick site about hand luggage is a little confusing. It states that only certain items can be taken as hand luggage in a transparent bag but it then goes on to say other items can be purchased in the departure lounge and taken on board the plane!! Does that mean we can buy drinks and magazines in the departure lounge and take them on board?

a bit conflicting isnt it

Also the number they have on the gatwick site comes up unobtainable..

Have you been to Paphos before? We've been many times - we rent the same villa there most years for a couple of weeks. It's a lovely town. Actually the villa we use is in Peyia which is about 8 miles away on the mountain overlooking coral bay.

My friend went to Paphos on Wednesday. She hasn't been before - she's loving it.

Yes I think we can probably buy stuff in duty free if that's what the site said. But take as little as possible and go with the flow. Our flight is over 10 hours so we're only concerned about taking the portable dvd player as the airline we're going with doesn't have individual tv screens.

Who are you flying with? If it's cyprus airways then you're flying (literally) as they're brill. edit - oops just realised youre going First choice airways.

Don't panic...don't panic.

Speak to my DH. As he says...all you need is a toothbrush, razor and comb.

:D

Back