Only lost a 1lb this week (week 5)

cambridge*diet*08

Silver Member
:( i get weighed tonight and my scales are only showing 1lb loss this week...

why????

i am hardly having any 'movements' so i am thinking constipation is to blame...

it is add a meal week but i have only had 2 'meals' and def no cheating.

any ideas why my loss is soooo measly???

lots of us have a week of sts or small loss ,Its mainly to do with water retention (if a woman that is ).But also our boddies pleateau sometimes it stops lossing while it adjusts things if you were to measure yourself you will be lossing inches Im sure .Dont give up yet I always have a big loss within 2 weeks of small loss/sts .xx

Its still a pound off, thats one less pound to lose [hug]

thanks ladies, yes i am female so prone to water retention too...
good to see some 'sts' from you Clare!
glad im not alone
xxx

Hey hun,

Don't despair - it is quite normal for your body to need to adjust and redistribute water ;). I know it's disheartening, but you've probably lost inches this week instead - have a check with a tape measure.

Most importantly see it as a positive - you have still lost 1 lb, still a loss no matter how big/small and I'm sure you'll be in for a big loss next week.

Hang in there, stay positive
xx

Hey its quite normal, I'm sure our bodies just go "Nooooooo where is all my fat going?!!!"

You still have til tonight for them to change anyways, I take it you get weighed on CDC scales tonight? They may show something completely different.

Good luck, don't be disheartened. It will all come off in a rush another week!

Theresa x

Know how you feel Cambridge08 - cos we're expecting to see a significant loss each & every week. Nevermind, there's always next week hun - chin up and stay focussed x x x

wait until your weigh in and see what cdcs scales say sometimes it drops off at the last minute, also water retention and constipation can cause you to hold on to the pounds. And although it might be a pound tonight look at the bigger picture and see what a brilliant acheivement you have had over the last 4 weeks , well done you xx

julesrush

thanks again for all your comments... normally i say 'oh f*** it' and fall off the wagon big-time but not on this diet!
i am still really motivated so i wont let this blip get to me.
thanks x

Whatever your weight loss is this week you have done fantastic to lose 2 stone in 4 weeks. I'm on week7 and haven't lost that much. Well done you're doing really well the average is a stone a month and you have doubled that. Keep your chin up chick and think positive.

Back