Onwards and downwards.

Elliebellie

Hi everyone,

I really enjoy reading people’s diaries on here so thought it time to add my own. Now where to start!? Ok, I’m 35 and live in London during the week and by the seaside at the weekends. I’ve been on a diet since I was about 12 and have never been slim, thin nor skinny! Sadly I lost my mum to cancer last year, she too struggled with her weight and we saw just how difficult life became when she needed care and her weight was a real burden. She and I talked so much about diets and all sorts and she even had a (disastrous) gastric band. She was always the most encouraging person, always really pleased at my latest attempts to lose weight and the first to tell me how well I’d done or not as the case may have been. I want to get this weight off finally, once and for all for my health more than any other reason.
I’ve done SW before nearly 10 years ago and got down to 15st 10lbs. I felt great. As usual the weight came back and my misery with it. I have tried on and off to get back in ‘the zone’ but never managed it, UNTIL NOW! I joined a new group back in October and weigh in on sat mornings with the lovely Stefan. I really enjoy this group and haven’t felt motivated or in control as I do now for the longest time. :scale:

So that’s a little about me, now onto the food! Last night I posted a pic of my dinner and that has spurred me on to write this diary. To share my day, triumphs and struggles and hopefully get someone reading it…so here goes….

Tues Feb 5th

HEXA: 400ml Alpro Hazelnut Milk
HEXB: 2 Apple Alpen light bars

Breakfast: Ham, 2 baby bels (4 syns) apple and a clementine.

Snack: Salmon sushi 1.5 syns

Lunch: left over roast lamb, Ainsley Harriott Cous Cous (1 syn) Salad and salad cream ( 2 syns) 8 green olives 1 syn
Sorry for pic, I did just throw it on a plate! View attachment 78121

Afternoon snack: 2 Alpen light bars (hexb)

Dinner: Chicken, potato salad and normal salad. 2 syns for mayo

image.jpg

Syns: 11.5

Last edited:
Hi Ellie,

So sorry to hear about your mother, and I really hope that you can get the weight off, best feeling when it happens isn't it! I've only been on this website a couple of weeks and I've found it helps me a lot... Well done on your losses so far!

x

Thanks for being my first poster Brookes :D

Hex A: 3 baby bel lights

HexB: 2 alpen lights

Breakfast: Baby bels, chopped sliced ham. Apple.

Snack: Cheese quavers 6.5syns

Lunch: Chicken breast, sweet potato wedges and salad

Dinner: Turkey mince burgers with salad buns. Mayo (2 syns)

Syn: 8.5

Last edited:
Get one of them malteser bunnys there well worth the syns :drool:

How many are they? They are nice!

8 Syn, but if you buy the packet of mini ones, they are 15 syns a pack but 3 syns a bunny x

Thanks!

Ive just had a bag of quavers and someone has put a M&S mini chocolate muffin on my desk whilst I was in a meeting...not to find syns PRIOR to eating it!

It's 6.5 syns! Have given it to my friend!

Breakfast: Pineapple and yoghurt (0sys)

Snack: alpen light bars

Lunch: Chicken breast, Mexican rice and salad (4 syns for salad cream)

Dinner: chicken breast, pasta and sauce (1 syn) and broccoli

Healthy extra A: 250ml of semi skimmed milk in tea
Healthy extra b: 2 x alpen light cereal bar

Syns: 5…only 5?!?! Must have more, wooohooo! Hot choc later and maybe some cheese!

Back