OOh, my goodness - I'm in the RTM Club!

Poppysparkle

Silver Member
I will need to rely on you all a little for the next few weeks I think, and will be back regularly for advice I'm sure!

One thing I wondered - what did you have for your first meal, either day one, or day 3 out of interest??

Welcome

Hurrah, here you are, welcome oh Sparkly one. Cogratulations.
I had grilled chicken breast for my first meal. Decided to keep it plain and simple to start. Cooked it the night before and had it cold and thinly sliced at supper time. Worked fine for me.
Good luck.

LOL!! Thanks SB for the welcome!!

Oooh, cold chicken sounds lovely actually!!

I think I'll probably be going for chicken - the problem for me is going to be making myself have everything I should have and I never thought I'd hear myself say that!! The plan for this past week was to have a milk week with half a pint of skimmed milk a day and I've only drunk about a pint in total all week!! I also lost just 1lb this week, and although that's fine and I've lost loads for the past two weeks, in my mind that pint of milk must have made me lose very little! Insane and know!

It's going to be weird chewing and tasting food again!!

I did actually buy some salmon before - both fresh salmon fillet and tinned pink salmon - I presume I can have either of these?? Can I also have smoked salmon slices - I love smoked salmon!

I am going to try chicken tonight, and have bought king prawns, tuna steak in brine because I don't really like fresh.

I can't wait until I can eat rocket on day 3!! I've been waiting for some since October!

Good on you for getting this far, but RTM definitely tests everything you have learnt so far, everyweek I have stepped on the scales convinced that I have put on loads of weight but to my amazement have stayed the same, it really is a case of changes all of your previous conceptions. I'm sure you will be fine, enjoy your chicken

Poppy beware the salmon

i agree with LS steer clear of the salmon to start. If you look on this RTM you'll find BLs account of her first meal. She had salmon, was so looking forward to it, could only manage half of it because it was so rich. She enjoyed every mouthful.During the evening she became violently ill and suffered all night.
Rocket is one of my favourites too. I have also been thoroughly enjoying plain lettuce, crisp, cool and moist. Yum yum. xx

Missed this LS, as have been working loads! Actually, I have done really well!! I've settled down a bit about portions and also am not eating because of habit (ie, yoghurt after tea because I want afters, but instead I'm eating when hungry!) Our LLC gave us a try of the management bar (the chocolate, and raisin one) in meeting the other night, and said we could have a little sample. There were only two of us there, and she broke it in half - the other girl took a bite and handed it back, but I actually loved it so much I said I wasn't giving it back! I ate the whole half a bar, even though it's not really for RTM but when you've finished. However, I savoured every bite and it was about 100 cals for half the bar - obviously this was above and beyond because I then went home to my protein meal - but I really needed to do something outside the "rules" to chill me out a bit!!

I lost 3lb this week and am so pleased with myself. We've been working on a big project in work and have been delivered bottles of water along with plates of biscuits constantly - one after the other - and although they were in front of me and looked pretty good, I didn't touch one! I've also been shattered, not seen the baby since Sunday to Saturday morning as I've been working long hours and leaving before he's up and back when he's gone to bed, and have worked 100 hours in two weeks - but, I didn't turn to food in the slightest during that time and I'm so proud of myself!!

Feeling like this is going great and excited to keep adding new bits each week. I found out tonight that I actually like celery, which I HATED!! And after I'd finished my very large plate of green leaves, peppers, raw courgette, spring onion, celery, mange tout, prawns and cottage cheese sprinkled with garlic and chilli flakes, I unconsciously went "yum". WOW! Never thought I'd ever enjoy a plate of salad that much!

Feeling on a high anyway! Sorry to have gone on and on!!

In answer to your question LS - feeling great!

Fantastic Mrs. Sparkle !!

Looking good, sounding on a high. Full of energy for work too. Would you have been able to do all that before?
Congratulations. xxx:)
P.S. I used to hate raw apples before LL, LOVE THEM NOW.
Used to think I couldn't eat salad without dressings. Love it with lemon juice, black pepper and a dollop of natural no fat yougurt. strange how abstinence changes your palate isn' t it?

Thanks you two - BL, she said that management bar wasn't for during RTM as it has more cals and carbs! I love them too, but she said we could use them after to help maintain, say as one for lunch each day! There is so much difference in groups!

I've been doing a bit of reading and have worried myself every so slightly! I read just now that the salad is meant to be a cereal bowl size! I have a plate full! And that Muller Light is from week three because it has fruit in it - never occured to me - I had a banana one yesterday.

I've also read people saying it should only be one type of protein per meal and quoting weights - I didn't know any of this! I had cottage cheese (about 100g worth) and king prawns (again, 100g worth) and both added up to about 160 cals! Was this the wrong thing to do?

Also, sugar free jelly - I've had four of them today! I think I'm being awful greedy again now! Bah...!!

.....and breathe. :D

You are doing fine hon. Don't worry about the yogurt....one won;t hurt. And don't worry about the plates of salad - you should have seen mine! And I combined proteins all the time. And still do.

Basically, calories in, and calories out is what matters.....so as long as the combo adds up to one serving, its fine. Was for me anyway.

I did not get too hung up on wiehts/measurements. I just made sure I only had was was allowed each week - and then ate sensibly.

I did have quite a wobbly few weeks, when I thought maybe I was doing it all wrong - but it all worked out beautifully. At that point I did really monitor and measure what I was having, etc., just to be sure I was getting it....and that was a good exercise, it helped alot.

But what I did not want to do was to have to come to rely on weighing and measuring. Thats not me. So I wanted to learn common sense and visual accuracy. And to listen to my body and eat what it wants.....and it's interesting - I do crave proteins, or dairy, or veg, or carbs in a very balanced measure. It comes to you after practicing.

Everyone has their own "style" for RTM. When you start feeling panicky - stop, and go back over in your mind everything you ate, and you will see that it is not much. A plate full of salad will do no harm. A salad bow can be deceiving....a full bull, tipped out on a plate is a lot. So you are fine. :)

xx

i had fruit yog from week 2 my llc said as long as it was fat free or low fat it was fine ...the raisin choc bar we were told was for management when your finished rtm i always have a big plate of salad and mix my protein aswell

Back