operation slimdown while hubby is in afghan

yumymumywanabe

Fat be-gone
so before xmas i managed to lose 2 1/2 stone, over xmas and the 6 weeks leading upto my hubby heading off on tour iv not lost anything but also not gained anything, anyway on sat he left for a 4 month stint in afghanistan yesterday was a day off eating what the hell i wanted while i cryed the day away but today i start operation slimdown, i want to lose another 2 1/2 stone while he is away, i know i can do it as i lost my last lot of weight over 3 months, so this is where ill be putting everything! down to weight loss/gain :eek:, food diarys, laughs and tears as i wait for the return of my soldier

Good luck! Sounds like you know what you're doing and your hubby won't recognise you when he gets back =]

Well done with the weight you have lost so far. How are you going to be loosing the weight? I hope your first week goes well. Am looking forward to seeing how you do. x

Good luck! Sounds like you know what you're doing and your hubby won't recognise you when he gets back =]

thanks hun, i wouldnt say i know what im doing but i know what needs to be done.. yeah im hoping that he wont recognise me when he comes back, well not my body anyway lol

Well done with the weight you have lost so far. How are you going to be loosing the weight? I hope your first week goes well. Am looking forward to seeing how you do. x

thanks chick yeah iv done well with the weight already lost i think this will be harder though, those lonely nights once the kids are in bed are going to harder, Im gonna carry on with calorie counting and exercise it worked for me before so i know if i put everything into it (like im going to) some more weight should fall off,

todays the 1st proper day of my diet since hubby leaving and im just so worried about him i cant even face eating which is terrible cause that aint gonna help me at all, i knew id go either stuffing my face for the 1st few days or i wouldnt eat at all, need to sort that ASAP, once i hear from him ill be fine just not knowing if hes there safe is killing me, had an hr distraction this morning when i took my little one for his injections but now im back in the house Agghhhhh gonna gonna go get the other 2 from school soon then might take them out somewhere then hopfully will have a mail from him when we return

food i have managed to eat this morning were a pack of 4 Belvita - Breakfast Biscuit Fruit & Fibre, well actually 3 as the little one pinched 1, and an apple and a banana for lunch, gonna make myself a nice big chicken salad for tea yum

Hi,

When my husband was in Afghanistan last year i managed to lose a stone and a half. However when he came back craving goodies and takeaways it all piled back on.

Good Luck, my thoughts are with you. x

Just to say good luck with your diet xx:D My ex was in the army and my youngest daughter has just left due to being medically discharged so I know how hard it can be,
Try not to worry as Im sure he ll get there safely I look forward to seeing how you get on xx

Hi,

When my husband was in Afghanistan last year i managed to lose a stone and a half. However when he came back craving goodies and takeaways it all piled back on.

Good Luck, my thoughts are with you. x

i dont intend on putting the weight back on.. this is more then a diet its a whole life change.. needs to be before xmas i was tipping the scales at over 20st if mine goes back on i could die so theres no ifs or buts about it, it'll be staying off, yeah im sure ill put on a few lbs but i intend to stay on top of it :)

Just to say good luck with your diet xx:D My ex was in the army and my youngest daughter has just left due to being medically discharged so I know how hard it can be,
Try not to worry as Im sure he ll get there safely I look forward to seeing how you get on xx

thats for commenting hun, iv heard from him, just lol.. and hes there safe, just like everyone has been saying to me, but theres always that inkling in the back of ur head that something could be wrong.. but anyway hes there, so i can relax.. just a little though lol

Right end of the 1st day

well 1st day back on it has gone really well, food stayed under 1500kcal, did 30 mins jog on the treadmill.. finally heard from my lovely hubby even if it was only 5 mins on msn those where the best 5 mins of whole week.. so tonight i can have a proper night sleep, dont get me wrong ill still be worrying but just that little less knowing hes in his little bunk in his sleeping bag snoring away nicely lol

roll on tomorrow

Just a quick update, woke up feeling ok this morning checked my emails to be greeted with an email from hubby.. yay... just about to head to tesco to get my soup recipes im gonna try to make leek & potatoe, tomato & pepper should keep me going in soup for the week.. i need to do it as i need something more filling for lunch to stop those mid afternoon cravings.. right im off for now.. ill update later how the soup making goes wish me luck lol

Ok soup making went well and its delishhhhh... went for the leek and potato today and wow its yummy.. ill put the recipe on for ppl if they want to try summut scrummy.. i doubled up on the recipe so it last me the rest of the week, and plus the kids will prob want some when they get back from school.. i added a tablespoon of mixed herbs which gives it a nice kick.. oh and i also added extra pepper.. love my pepper

1 teaspoon sunflower oil
225 g (8 oz) leeks, sliced
225 g (8 oz) potatoes, peeled and diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
600 ml (20 fl oz) vegetable stock
scant 1/2 (us) cup (100 ml) skimmed milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper

method

1. Heat the oil in a large saucepanhttp://www.cookitsimply.com/recipe-0010-06s553.html#, and add the leeks, potatoes and garlic.

2. Cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.

3. Add the stock to the pan and bring to the boil.

4. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.

5. Carefully ladle half the soup into a foodhttp://www.cookitsimply.com/recipe-0010-06s553.html# processor or liquidiser and blend until smooth.

6. Return the blended soup to the pan, and add the milk and seasoning.

7. Heat through and serve the soup in warmed bowls.

Soup sounds lovely x I'll keep that recipe for when Im eating normal food lol. Glad you heard from your hubby :D:D
Keep strong , Speak soon :)

You are doing so well! Good luck I'm sure your hubby will be really proud of you when he comes back and sees you! xxx

You are doing so well! Good luck I'm sure your hubby will be really proud of you when he comes back and sees you! xxx

thanks hun, yeah i hope he is, hang on what am i saying what ever i lose he will be proud :)

Right end of the day.. had a pretty good day today managed to stay under my 1500kcal

B, 4 belvita fruit and fibre
L, homemade leek and potato soup
D, warm chicken salad with light balsamic dressing

snacks, pack of cheese wotsits, and 2 custard cream biccys

had a nice chat with hubby on msn, now gonna get the little ones to bed and im gonna grab my take a break and go have a nice hot bubble bath then come down and catch up on my soaps, and watch my big fat gypsy wedding thats bound to get a few laughs lol

Hey there yumymumywannabe, I'm loving your approach to this, its good to see you back online and raring to go! I missed your posts when you weren't around. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas with hubby, sorry to hear he's away again for four months. I don't blame you having a day where you ate what you wanted when he left.
Now you can get down to getting yourself on track and some weight gone before he gets home.
You did so amazingly losing that 2 and a half stone, that is an excellent job, very well done. I know that you can lose the same again in the time you've got, you're very determined and got your idea's all sorted I can tell.
Good luck and I'll be bookmarking this thread so I can keep updated on your progress. I got bored of keeping my diary!

LOVE the sound of that soup, I'm gonna make some of that instead of my lentil stuff this week :D
Speak soon hunnie and good luck! Xxx

Hey there yumymumywannabe, I'm loving your approach to this, its good to see you back online and raring to go! I missed your posts when you weren't around. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas with hubby, sorry to hear he's away again for four months. I don't blame you having a day where you ate what you wanted when he left.
Now you can get down to getting yourself on track and some weight gone before he gets home.
You did so amazingly losing that 2 and a half stone, that is an excellent job, very well done. I know that you can lose the same again in the time you've got, you're very determined and got your idea's all sorted I can tell.
Good luck and I'll be bookmarking this thread so I can keep updated on your progress. I got bored of keeping my diary!

LOVE the sound of that soup, I'm gonna make some of that instead of my lentil stuff this week :D
Speak soon hunnie and good luck! Xxx

Cheers hunny yeah its great to be back, only been gone just over a month but really missed it here, yeah had a lovely xmas esnjoyed it more knowing he was going to be heading out to that horrible place, yeah that day after he left i just went totally crazy food wise, not because i was outta control i knew what i was doing total comfort eating didnt really help with the heart break though, but now it begins, got my 1st weigh in on monday and really looking forward to seeing losses again, you will have to give me your lentil soup recipe as im getting abit sick of the leek and potato now lol.. seen a nice one on line tomato and pepper sound yum, gonna get the stuff for it at the weekend when i go shopping, will let u know how it turns out

well end of another good day, managed all my exercise, stayed under my 1500kcal, aint really been up to much else today pretty lazy day, wednesdays are always really boring for me... mid week blughhh, havent heard from hubby today except an email this morning which i LOVED as i got it as soon as i checked my phone when i opened my eyes.. wonderful.. Hoping for an actual phone call tomorrow if im lucky and he aint too busy x fingers for that

anyway i think its time to head upstairs snuggle into bed with my 3 year old to watch a movie, he seems to have taken a fancy to hubbys side of the bed, he best not get too use to it though as dont think hubby would take too kindly to being kicked outta his own bed when he gets back lol

Hope everyone has had an awesome day

well another day completed.. and food has gone really well im on slightly lower kcals then usual 1200 but its fine.. did an hr on the wii today, gonna alternate between the wii and the kinect just to keep me from getting too bored, went for a 20 min jog on the treadmill so feeling really great

and to top it off i had an actual phone call from hubby today, it was soooooooo nice to hear his voice, he sounded ok. told me he is running a half marathon on the base next month so training for that will keep him busy over the next 8 week summut to do during his spare time, bit of bad news though.. tour has had another week put on top of it.. but i think of it like this its just another week for me to try and hit my 35lb weight loss while hes away, im on top of the world at the minute... only a week to wait till i speak to him again on the phone, actually might get a call on monday.. well if he remembers its V-Day.... he has his cards and pressies with him so he should cause i know he wants to open them lol

Hope everyone is having a good day x

Hey,

Just a thought, has your husband taken a laptop with him?? If you both have skype you can talk for free and if you both have web cam with laptop/computer you will also be able to see each other. My brother in law is in Afghanistan at the moment and we regularly speak to him on skype my girls love it as they get to see him and show him any pics they have done at nursery, and its all completely free so even if he has not taken a laptop maybe one of the other lads will let him use theirs.

xxxxxx :)

Back